Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

View Poll Results: DC Comics will revert back to original continuity in 1 to 2 years
Yes they will 30 76.92%
No they wont 9 23.08%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-24-2011, 09:57 AM   #21
lord odin
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
The reason I believe the change will be here to stay is How could they logistically & logically revert back to the current continuity after a reboot? Call the whole thing a dream? You're talking 52 books here and numerous characters being completely revamped...How can, all of the sudden, that just be sponged away and we're
Quote:
magically
back to today's semi-mess?
Very easy when you have guys like Spectre,Shazam,The Presence,The Phantom Stranger,Guardians and Batman.
The Godwave could explain it all.
lord odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 10:22 AM   #22
protector2814
Phoenix

I don't know. I'm still not reading Spiderman after the same sort of BS move. I think I'm not alone in my protest. If DC were to pull the same "magically back to basics" move, many would cry "foul".
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 10:30 AM   #23
Jesse321
Galactus

It's easy, here are a few examples:

Booster (or someone else) jumps back into the time stream BEFORE the change happens and stops the changes from being made which reverts the universe back to the correct path.

Dr. Fate, or Zatanna, figures out that something was about to happen and freezes the universe into a pocket dimension, as soon as they can figure out how to fix it, poof, we're back. Think of it as computer back up.

All of this was happening on a parallel world.

Mr. Mxyzptlk was having some fun with the DC Universe.
Jesse321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 11:06 AM   #24
protector2814
Phoenix

We'll see. Bet's on. I hear where you all are coming from and half agree, but I think a company wide reboot, pushed back to the current status won't float w/ just a plot device. People will freak and DC knows it. They had to have committed to this change-over for the long haul, thinking that eventually, new & old readers will grow to accept it.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 03:08 PM   #25
lord odin
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse321 View Post
It's easy, here are a few examples:

Booster (or someone else) jumps back into the time stream BEFORE the change happens and stops the changes from being made which reverts the universe back to the correct path.

Dr. Fate, or Zatanna, figures out that something was about to happen and freezes the universe into a pocket dimension, as soon as they can figure out how to fix it, poof, we're back. Think of it as computer back up.

All of this was happening on a parallel world.

Mr. Mxyzptlk was having some fun with the DC Universe.
Also DC has Geoff Johns and like him or not Grant Morrison between the two of them they can pretty much write their way out of anything.
In Johns case i'll read it and in Morrison's I can't understand it.
lord odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 03:14 PM   #26
Jesse321
Galactus

Jesse321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 04:53 PM   #27
redskull1335
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I agree totally they will relies the mistake they made and change it back. I'm going to start saving money come sept because I will no longer be buying DC!
redskull1335 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 06:49 AM   #28
Ex-Parrot
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

No way they revert back again inside of two years. Hell in two years time we'll still be dealing with ramification events that have spun out of this whole ill concieved mess of an idea.

Yes, I'm a hardcore DC fan, and have been pretty much all my life. And no, I don't like this reboot gimmick at all. Not one bit. Yes, there might be some good books and goos stories that come out of all that, but none of that justifies this whole scorched earth policy of destroying the history and legacy of the DC Universe that was built up over the past three quarters of a century. Retconning and updating a few things where needed is one thing, burning everything down just so you can more easily change anything that takes your whim is quite something else.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand, I'd say that somewhere between five to ten years, after the dust has truly settled, some of the creators have moved on, and there is enough distance to actually evaluate the whole thing objectively without treading on too many toes, I can definitely see a change back/consolidation of the old and the new happening. In fact I'd say it was inevitable. But I don't see it happening any time soon, no matter what the sales are like. Besides, as much as we hate it, this is a gimmick, and good or bad gimmicks do tend to sell. But even if it does go really badly, there's too much money invested, and too much ego attached for this all to be changed back any time soon.

So while I do believe that we will get much of the old established DCU back in canon eventually, I actually think it might take up to a decade to see that happen, or at least a good few years anyhow. But happen it will, eventually, that I'd bet cash money on.
Ex-Parrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 05:06 AM   #29
Rocket
Art of Mod

Still early days, but anyone want to change their stance?
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 06:09 AM   #30
Ex-Parrot
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Given what I've seen them do to some of my favourite characters, I'm probably more annoyed now than I was to begin with...

Yes, there are good books, and some things that work, but there's a whole lot that doesn't. Hell, I'd say there's more that doesn't work very well now than there was before Flashpoint. Hopefully a lot of that is just growing pains and works itself out over time, but this DC fan is finding it to be a rather rough ride so far...
Ex-Parrot is offline   Reply With Quote