Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 03-21-2020, 03:48 PM   #11
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

The new costume is not bad but would look better without the webbing. I do not mind the red accents thoughtful they wanted to change the costume up some, I would have liked them to have taken the old costume and made the red parts black and the yellow parts red. I think that could have looked good.

I wonder how the book is? To me Spider-Woman should be a character whose adventures should be like SHIELD entering Dr Strange’s house -a cross between covert spy action and mysticism. I actually think the first 20 issues of Spider-Woman’s original series handle the character perfectly. (Chris Claremont also told some good SW stories)
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 01:05 AM   #12
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

I hope to read issue 1 this weekend. I've been holding off because I put it in a Croana Virus cooling off period incase anything was on it. So far I only have the Infantino cover and the collage cover. My other covers have shipped, I'm only currently 4 cover images if you dont count virgin covers.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 11:03 AM   #13
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberpunk12 View Post
Spider-Woman fan here. The majority of the covers feature her in her classic costume and that's the one I wish they'd go with... but I guess Marvel is bound and determined to change it.

I still haven't read the new issue #1 yet but it's on its way to me.

Michael, like yourself, I like the Ross cover best and ordered the virgin cover from his site. You weren't kidding about the shipping... I had to order a sketchbook or two to justify the cost but Ross' work is fantastic IMO.

The J Scott Campbell virgin covers and signed copies went live today and I ordered one from him as well.

When all is said and done, I will have six of the variants... only one featuring the new costume.

Todd Nauck's cover is great, too. As a Spider-Woman fan, I really wish they hadn't used her character for the Veranke shocker... they had just made her relevant again and then we find out she was a Skrull that whole time.

But all's well that ends well... hopefully this series will hold up and make for some good stories... and a return to her classic look.
Thanks for bringing the Campbell Virgin cover to my attention. I just ordered 2 copies. I think I'm close to $350 this month on Spider Woman #1 and all the Marvel Comics slate that had a Spider-Woman cover.
Old 03-25-2020, 01:25 PM   #14
cyberpunk12
Shadowhawk

No problem, friend... I guess you and I are doing our part to make the book a success. I swore I wouldn't buy a bunch of covers for the same book, but it's Spider-Woman and here I am.

Since I posted, I've found more that I HAD to order, like Rian Gonzales' covers (through Sanctum Sanctorum comics, pictures attached below).

When I look at the Del Otto cover you mentioned, I'm intrigued... That cover really encapsulates the feel of those early issues mmk referenced... dark and mysterious.

Looks like it can be bought online through Unknown Comics, trade and virgin.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RianGonzalesSpiderWoman1.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	641.6 KB
ID:	129422  
cyberpunk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 01:32 PM   #15
cyberpunk12
Shadowhawk

mmk, I still haven't read the book yet but I'm eager to.

I agree with you about that starting run... I don't think I've read anything since that has recaptured that feel, at least for me anyway.

Speaking of Claremont, he would probably agree that folks need to show Jess more love... without her, Carol Danvers would be sleeping with the fishes and Rogue would be a murderer!
Old 03-26-2020, 02:56 PM   #16
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberpunk12 View Post
No problem, friend... I guess you and I are doing our part to make the book a success. I swore I wouldn't buy a bunch of covers for the same book, but it's Spider-Woman and here I am.

Since I posted, I've found more that I HAD to order, like Rian Gonzales' covers (through Sanctum Sanctorum comics, pictures attached below).

When I look at the Del Otto cover you mentioned, I'm intrigued... That cover really encapsulates the feel of those early issues mmk referenced... dark and mysterious.

Looks like it can be bought online through Unknown Comics, trade and virgin.
I j
I found the customer support at Unknown Comics sucks.
Old 03-27-2020, 11:15 AM   #17
cyberpunk12
Shadowhawk

I haven't tried to order from them... did you order or give it a pass? I have found another comic retailer (in UK though) that is offering it (7ate9comics). I really like that cover though I haven't picked it up yet.

I haven't been following books like I once did but I'm guessing this cover craze (trade/virgin) is the new norm to make up for lagging book sales...? It reminds me more of the trading card market in the early 90s.

They've been able to get me with this one. With all the posts we've made, all have been about the cover art or the costume. I'm hoping to get my hands on a copy I can read this weekend.

I just found the Derrick Chew cover, which may be my favorite of the new costume covers.

marvelboi, did you get either of the Turner variants?
Old 03-27-2020, 02:50 PM   #18
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Jesus the price on that Artgerm virgin cover is insane!
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 05:13 PM   #19
cyberpunk12
Shadowhawk

No doubt! I just saw it "on sale" for $300. I'll take the regular for $4 please.
Old 03-27-2020, 05:51 PM   #20
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

I went web surfing yesterday.

I bought both Turner covers. I got both Derrick Chew covers, and I got the Kirkham Morbius covers.