Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 04-01-2020, 02:56 PM   #1
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Punisher: Back to The War Omnibus

Overall It was 4/10

I will give special long review to the first appearence of Punisher in The Amazing Spider-Man.

It had its logical gaps like Spider-Man's spider sense thingling when Punisher tried to shoot him from a roof top but later on Punisher's wire gun, Jackles Attack from behind with his poisonuns or something claws and no spider sense... what are you gonna do, it's comics. Spider-Man kicks and punches punisher... that should probably kill punisher, i don't think as a normal human, he can take a punch from Spider-Man and so on but it sure was fun.

I never thought Punisher had a code of honor at the begining... He had more like whatever it takes to job done kind of attitude in punisher comics... But here, he's very conserned that he didn't kill spider-man in a honorable way... again... comics... lol I don't like Soldiers but i can see myself play grab ass with Punisher. jk I always wanted to read this first appereance, and i don't approve punisher's ways but oh boy, as a guy who grew up with 80s action films, does punisher pull me in ! I sometimes miss watching something one man army like a Stalone, Arnold or Ludgerin film, and Punisher is my go to thing to read at times like this. Just don't take it serious and no real humans hurt in the making of this comics makes it ok.

Parker had a social life and a fun personalty with soon to be a girl friend who loves to have fun (Marry Jane) That was different from DC... Batman for example usually has no social life... He's all about the mission. Then again i like that better 'cause you need to be bat ---- insane to be a vigilante. lol

Parkers interaction with JJ. and other Daily Bugle workers were really fun to read, I have never seen a worker at Daily Planet have any deeper relationship than Parker had with Daily Bugle workers. A girl said to parker '' i know we are not close like we used to but i want you to come to my party parker'' I have never seen anything this level in DC. If these characters had a close reletaionship, and now, they are not so close but the girl shows some efford to go back to old days with his friend Parker, that's very extraordinary for a comics, a different flaivour than DC.

I haven't read so many spider-man for long time... Marvel put all the punisher appearances in spider-man in to the back to the war omnibus... This is not what i signed up for... i just want to read Punisher. I wish punisher just put a bullet in to spider-man's head and save me from this torture... lol

It was fun at the begining. I have never read this much old spider-man issues before... but later on spider-man and spider-man again kind of made me sick and tired of spider-man.

They always misundestand each other and fight in spider-man... First Punisher and now Nightcrawler...
after a big fight, they start to talk '' you are the killer !'' ''no, you are the killer'' '' wait a minute i thought you were the killer, oh golly, sorry for beating the crap out of you'' .... why can't you just sit down and talk, god damn it...lol

And i finally came to the Daredevil vs Punisher issues of Frank Miller... I read the first issue and it was so good... After all the crapy spider-man stories made me wishing for corona...to just end my missery... lol Frank Miller came to my help.

Top notch art and writting. I forgot how good it was after all these years... It restored my faith in superhero comics again.

after Miller DD, there came another Spider-Man & Punisher team up... this time i didn't bother to read all of the issue, i just read Punisher's lines, and it wasn't half bad.

Finally the Punisher's first mini, but what a dissapointment it was, punisher played right into the hand of Kingpin like an amateur. He started a gang war... as a result of this, Punisher was responseble from the death of so many innocents... I was just like, what a load of crap, Punisher acted like The Spoiler in The Batman: War Games... lol

Overall, not the brightest Punisher Omnibus ever... It's the best for everyone to Just stick with Ennis.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote