Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 04-22-2020, 11:46 PM   #11
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I have been re-reading a few graphic novels (though I still have some new comics to read).

First up was The New Titans-Games. I read it when it was first published and always meant to reread but never did. In reading it again I actually enjoyed it more than the first time. Plus, to see that line up again was well worth it.

Next was The Avengers - Rage of Ultron. I picked this up again because lately Rick Remender revealed all of his unused pitches and he said somewhere that he was originally suppose to take over the Avengers title after this graphic novel was published. After reading this again, I really wish he would have. He had a great line up and I would have loved to have seen what he would have done with the Avengers after his Uncanny Avengers run. (Plus it was a great Avengers story).
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 09:26 AM   #12
protector2814
Phoenix

mmk123 - do you happen to know if that Rage Of Ultron was published in the regular Avengers comic? or just as a graphic novel. It sounds great but $30 is a bit high for me right now.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 10:58 AM   #13
mmk123

Hey Protector, it was only published as a Graphic Novel. I am not sure if it was even published in softcover. I would check Ebay or Cheap Graphic Novels because I'm sure you could find a copy alot cheaper than $30.
Old 04-23-2020, 08:31 PM   #14
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
Hey Protector, it was only published as a Graphic Novel. I am not sure if it was even published in softcover. I would check Ebay or Cheap Graphic Novels because I'm sure you could find a copy alot cheaper than $30.
It’s not on CGN but definitely can be found cheaper on eBay.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 11:24 AM   #15
protector2814
Phoenix

Thanks guys. It looks like a book I'd like to read. Have just started the 3rd volume of the Shang-Chi, Master of Kung-Fu omni. I love this series although I do still need the 4th & final volume.

I wich Marvel would pick up the pace on releasing their original, Amazing Spiderman omni. I'd love a 5th volume soon. Especially when you consider just how fast they knocked out 4 volumes of the Master Of Kung Fu omnis.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 11:41 AM   #16
Mister H
Green Goblin

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post

I wich Marvel would pick up the pace on releasing their original, Amazing Spiderman omni. I'd love a 5th volume soon. Especially when you consider just how fast they knocked out 4 volumes of the Master Of Kung Fu omnis.
Yeah, I would say that about the Avengers, Thor and Captain America omnibus books as well.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 11:52 PM   #17
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
Thanks guys. It looks like a book I'd like to read. Have just started the 3rd volume of the Shang-Chi, Master of Kung-Fu omni. I love this series although I do still need the 4th & final volume.

I’ve got all the MoKF omnibuses as well as the Deadly Hands omnibuses. I have to start volume 3 of MoMF, as well, Jerry.
Old 04-24-2020, 11:56 PM   #18
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

And agree on ASM 4. Never understood why Marvel released the 4 MoKF omnibuses and 3 Tomb of Dracula omnibuses faster than those of their core characters.
Old 04-25-2020, 12:20 AM   #19
mmk123

What amazes me is that Marvel has never done a Defenders Omnibus. They are reprinting them in the Marvel Masterworks format but have not reprinted them in an Omnibus format.
Old 04-25-2020, 07:07 AM   #20
Shoo
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
And agree on ASM 4. Never understood why Marvel released the 4 MoKF omnibuses and 3 Tomb of Dracula omnibuses faster than those of their core characters.
They only had a limited window to the Fu Manchu rights, which belong to the Sax Rohmer estate, so it's only logical they rushed the MoKF Omnis. Should they ever get permission from Parker to reprint ROM, we're guaranteed to see those Omnis coming fast as well.

They are taking their time with ASM omnis (and other Silver Age characters) because Masterworks take priority. That is the line where there's a conscious effort to reprint it all in hardcover form. Omnis are just "gravy". Granted, there are enough ASM MWs for them to release a fifth Omni now, but there's another factor - they usually tie the 'chronological' Omnis to movie releases. Since the new Spidey film will be released in 2021 (COVID-19 permitting), it's a given that's when we'll get the fifth volume.

As for ToD, those were originally released a long time ago (2008-2010) and it's one of the few classic Marvel titles that haven't been masterworked to date, so they didn't have to wait, so to speak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
What amazes me is that Marvel has never done a Defenders Omnibus. They are reprinting them in the Marvel Masterworks format but have not reprinted them in an Omnibus format.
It's probably a matter of time, but there is no shortage of 70's titles that haven't been omnibused so far: Captain Marvel (Mar-Vell), Iron Fist, Power Man, Champions, Nova, Inhumans, Sub-mariner, Spider-Woman, She-Hulk... (The last two have only recently been masterworked).

Heck, even core titles like Hulk and Daredevil have just one numbered Omni under their belt.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote