Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Giclees/Lithos/Prints/Posters

Old 12-30-2011, 06:51 PM   #491
Darth Pain
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

When they have one that I really want, I'm taking off work. If I can't get one with my internet/pc speed then I'll know something isn't right with Mondo.
Darth Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 07:16 PM   #492
Awesome
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

A Stout Ghostbusters, Fight Club and Back to the Future are the ones that most collectors really want, if those are well done they can easily hit over $2,000 because people will buy them and get those framed instantly.
Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 07:48 PM   #493
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

I don't mind buying something from someone on Ebay if I missed something at a convention or something. But I would never go buy something from someone that caused me not to get it. Literally the people that missed out and then go right to Ebay to buy it... Hello that ass hat is the reason you didn't get it. I would be to bitter.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 08:03 PM   #494
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I think going into the new year Mondo needs to address the issues surrounding their website & product drops. The flippers aren't going to go away and the last thing we need is Mondo bumping up the ES taking the collectability out of these items but the company and product are gaining in popularity and as such certain things need to be addressed or its going to get even messier than it already is.

Ideas:
  • If you have multiple items in your cart and one sells out the remaining item(s) that are in stock should still process.
  • Keep a credit card on file for those of us that are regulars so we don't need to enter the info in with every purchase.
  • Shorten the drop window to an hour or less. Its hard enough to get these but wasting 2 hours only to come up completely empty handed gets old FAST.
  • Drop these at a time where working class citizens have an opportunity to order without having to take a day off from work. 6 or 7 pm PST would be much more accommodating.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 08:09 PM   #495
Underdog07
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post

Ideas:
  • If you have multiple items in your cart and one sells out the remaining item(s) that are in stock should still process.
  • Keep a credit card on file for those of us that are regulars so we don't need to enter the info in with every purchase.
  • Shorten the drop window to an hour or less. Its hard enough to get these but wasting 2 hours only to come up completely empty handed gets old FAST.
  • Drop these at a time where working class citizens have an opportunity to order without having to take a day off from work. 6 or 7 pm PST would be much more accommodating.
not being an ass, but in addition to helping collectors, every one of those probably would help other flippers get into the mix or current flippers be more successful.

Heck if I had limited resources and knew I could make $150 bucks in a matter of minutes, I probably would do it
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 08:24 PM   #496
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I think going into the new year Mondo needs to address the issues surrounding their website & product drops. The flippers aren't going to go away and the last thing we need is Mondo bumping up the ES taking the collectability out of these items but the company and product are gaining in popularity and as such certain things need to be addressed or its going to get even messier than it already is.

Ideas:
I like the idea of being able to keep your credit card on file and not have to check out again if one of the items sells out in your cart during the checkout process.

Unfortunately the flippers aren't going anywhere while there is cash to be made on a quick flip.
Old 12-30-2011, 08:41 PM   #497
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Well as I stated the flippers aren't going anywhere and to be honest unlike others I don't really care what anybody does with these posters after they get them. Its part of living in a capitalist society. The ideas I listed would benefit collectors and flippers alike but more importantly it would limit the amount of frustration and wasted time for those of us that have a life and responsibilities.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 08:44 PM   #498
Awesome
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

The argument is why should Mondo make changes to a system when they are selling most of their things out in less than five minutes? The Star Wars Stout run was the highest edition size and even then there were problems last year but if they were to raise edition sizes of their posters permanently most of their customers would leave and they would lose licenses. The reason why Mondo gets agreements with the big companies is because they tell Mondo to keep their items numbered and rare for collectibility alone. If Mondo played the game that Sideshow is currently in which is playing with their edition sizes and making some of their items open they would lose most of their customers so Mondo is in a great spot as long as their stuff keeps on selling out fast.
Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 08:46 PM   #499
risingstar
Jedi Order

Will a higher ES make you guys like these pieces less?
risingstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 08:48 PM   #500
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesome View Post

The reason why Mondo gets agreements with the big companies is because they tell Mondo to keep their items numbered and rare for collectibility alone.

Mondo told you this?
risingstar is online now   Reply With Quote