Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tsume / Attakus

Old 09-11-2015, 11:23 AM   #51
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

It's a shame that Attakus does not take advantage of their SW license the way they should. I don't really understand the reasons behind that either. I know they have an extensive line of european characters they produce statues and busts for, lines which I see being added to while SW just kind of sits there on the shelf untouched. Since I was not really collecting SW stuff when they were doing the 1/5 scale, I don't know if it was SS coming out with their 1/4 and 1/5 scale pieces that scared them off, or what? Because, correct me if I'm wrong, their line seems to be well liked and the only real negative I hear about it is the lack of new items being added to it. So obviously there is/was a market for it, but collectors are a finicky bunch, our patience only goes so far. I do think that if Attakus put their hearts into it and really mined the SW universe and regularly released new pieces as well as updated older ones, they would be pretty popular. I mean just look at the brouhaha over the XM pieces, people want larger scale SW pieces, and from everything I hear it seems like Attakus has the reigning champ for Vader statues. So, hello!!! What's the missing piece of the puzzle here?? Sadly I'm not saying anything that hasn't been said over and over, Attakus has their reasons for doing things the way they do, and that is that.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 01:58 PM   #52
Josh2K4
Nightwing

the main problem was that (probably due to the high price level) many pieces didnt sold out fast or not sold at out all.

Now they are playing safe: main characters, no human likeness and smaller and cheaper pieces.

cant really blame them, only hope now they revived the 1/10 line, they will continue to expand it and not only redo 1/5 pieces
Josh2K4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 09:30 PM   #53
John828
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I'd love to know whatever happened to the promised 1:5 scale Scout Trooper and Boba Fett that were part of the fan's choice wave of statues of which only Commander Cody was produced?
Me too. Especially the scout trooper. I was VERY MUCH looking forward to that. My guess is that we'll never see it,
John828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 09:32 PM   #54
John828

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
I don't think anyone sees them as competing in anyway due to the size differences. I think our comments about fan frustration are more in regards to the lack of brand new product for either the 1/5 line or the Elite line. I'm sure people who own the original 1/5 line don't feel their statues' value threatened in any way by these being re-released in a smaller scale.
Old 09-15-2015, 09:36 PM   #55
John828

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh2K4 View Post
only hope now they revived the 1/10 line, they will continue to expand it and not only redo 1/5 pieces
So do I. If they came out with a bunch of new 1/10 scale statues like other imperial troopers (snow, scout death star gunner, AT-AT Driver) and bounty hunters I'm pretty sure that we'd all be very happy. I know I would. But this is just a total let down by a company that shows zero respect to its long term fans. Very disappointing.
Old 10-15-2015, 07:11 AM   #56
Darth Vader
Birdman

So true.
Darth Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 02:58 AM   #57
Josh2K4
Nightwing

next week (23-24-25 october) there is a convention where the first new (reissues) 1/10 will be shown
Old 10-24-2015, 01:36 PM   #58
Josh2K4
Nightwing

looking pretty sweet I think!

Old 10-24-2015, 07:32 PM   #59
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Is that the only pic? What's the convention called?
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 05:25 AM   #60
Josh2K4
Nightwing

so far the only picture Ive been able to find.
Convention is called 'Quai des Bulles' I think

In relation to their 1/5 version, I think the paint on 3PO looks the most different. MOre metallic like