Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 06-01-2015, 04:07 PM   #511
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglebowski9999 View Post
And they aren't selling nearly as fast as you predicted they would, now are they? I'm sure it's going to crank up any day now...
Oh please.
You and others here were literally acting like these would have been sitting in PCS warehouse forever. What was your ideal ES? 125 each?
I challenge you to find a post of mine where I predicted a lightning fast sell out - you won't, because I didn't (quite the opposite, actually).
But I don't understand why people act as if PCS is losing money when they take days/weeks to sell out instead of 5 minutes.

Just remember that in my very first post I suggested open ES regular / 300 Blood / 300 War, you dismissed my numbers as ridicolous, then PCS went for 500 / 350 / 250 and here we are, 70 and 60 available for the Exclusives. 75% of the exclusives sold within two weeks.
Now, you can either go on pretending this has been a fluke, or accept Jerry's word that this is selling good enough.
Not that I really care, my original post was just to say that often there is a discrepancy between what people perceive and reality of facts, and solid numbers now pretty much prove it
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 04:14 PM   #512
Darkhumor
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mule
Lol. Jerry already said these are selling good enough, much better than the catastrophic expectations in this thread for sure.
Exclusives will sell out in the next couple of weeks, Regular will sell out in the next months or when Kotal is released, just like Goro.
FYI: Goro sold out in 10 minutes.
Darkhumor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 04:18 PM   #513
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhumor View Post
FYI: Goro sold out in 10 minutes.
The Exclusive, yes, I know. I bought two, lol
But not the Regular. I bought my Regular when Goro came out and it was plenty available through retailers both here (Europe) and in the US. It sould out quickly after pics surfaced, tho.

As Atheris explained back then, when I had my pleasant talks with Lebowski (lol ), Regulars are not the bulk of the profits for companies. They're more like the icing on the cake. They're an extra chunk of profit and for popularity/display in shops where collectors that don't spend time on forums and Facebook groups can actually get to know that exists a certain PCS company doing MK statues.
Just consider that at least half of the Regular ES is already sold (before PO and at wholesale price) to various retailers around the world.
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 06:28 PM   #514
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mule View Post
Oh please.
You and others here were literally acting like these would have been sitting in PCS warehouse forever. What was your ideal ES? 125 each?
I challenge you to find a post of mine where I predicted a lightning fast sell out - you won't, because I didn't (quite the opposite, actually).
But I don't understand why people act as if PCS is losing money when they take days/weeks to sell out instead of 5 minutes.

Just remember that in my very first post I suggested open ES regular / 300 Blood / 300 War, you dismissed my numbers as ridicolous, then PCS went for 500 / 350 / 250 and here we are, 70 and 60 available for the Exclusives. 75% of the exclusives sold within two weeks.
Now, you can either go on pretending this has been a fluke, or accept Jerry's word that this is selling good enough.
Not that I really care, my original post was just to say that often there is a discrepancy between what people perceive and reality of facts, and solid numbers now pretty much prove it
Good post.

The goal is not a 10 minute sell out. All that means is I made the ES way too low and left too much money on the table. Money that helps us make better products and get more licenses.

It doesnt matter to me if the items sell out in 10 minutes or 10 weeks. We earn the same amount of revenue in either case.

The Kotal Kahns are selling very well, IMO, for a new character in a new line. Out of all three versions we have sold about 670 pieces so far. Im not going to complain about that. Very happy with it.

As most know, if the EXs dont sell out, we dont make the remaining units, we simply reduce the ES to what was sold. So anyone waiting for them to ship thinking they will be able to get them at retail is probably wrong.
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 02:30 AM   #515
SuperJ300
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mule View Post
But I don't understand why people act as if PCS is losing money when they take days/weeks to sell out instead of 5 minutes
I think it's more of a indication of losing collectors interest. PCS has their MK fan base now, if this was Kintaro MK fans would have gone nuts!
Just saying.

But yeah it's good to have a MKX represent in the collection, now give us back our klassics. Please
SuperJ300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 02:53 AM   #516
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Is this part of the mortal kombat universe? Never seen this guy before.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 03:32 AM   #517
Lorde Trooper
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
Good post.

The goal is not a 10 minute sell out. All that means is I made the ES way too low and left too much money on the table. Money that helps us make better products and get more licenses.
Wow, Goro sold out in 10 minutes thats crazy and good at the same time, if for the sake of the fans and company to make better product for the fans and achieve more licenses for the fans wouldnt a 2nd run be a no brainer when after all it would benefit all collectors at the end of the day with better product and licenses?
Lorde Trooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 01:02 PM   #518
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorde Trooper View Post
Wow, Goro sold out in 10 minutes thats crazy and good at the same time, if for the sake of the fans and company to make better product for the fans and achieve more licenses for the fans wouldnt a 2nd run be a no brainer when after all it would benefit all collectors at the end of the day with better product and licenses?
Ill never do a second run, but that doesnt mean i wont eventually do another version of the same character
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 01:54 PM   #519
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
Ill never do a second run, but that doesnt mean i wont eventually do another version of the same character
Thanks jerry that's what keeps me coming to pcs. You take care of both sides. No company will ever make everyone happy. But you and pcs sure do a damn good job for all of us i was one of the ones who missed goro. But I can suck it up and just buy him later. It will feel much better when I get him knowing he's more collectible in my opinion.

On a side note jerry the one of the best thing that ever happen is your new PayPal direct link option. Was waiting for this feature for so long. Now with this option there's no excuses about not ordering. Thanks so very much! Love it and makes life so, so much easier to order.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 05:30 PM   #520
worstgamerever
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Finally cracked and bought one. BLOOD GOD
worstgamerever is offline   Reply With Quote