Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 09-19-2005, 09:28 AM   #1
Crom
Loki

New Fantastic Four Cartoon Images

Comicbookresources.com has some new info and images on the new cartoon.

Personally I like the look of it. Not crazy about the "painted?" 4 symbol on The Thing, but they all look pretty cool.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ne...em.cgi?id=5911
Crom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 09:39 AM   #2
JDH
Agent of H.A.M.M.E.R.
Producer

Looks fun, and it's easy to see the influences at work. This will be the best drawn Thing in animation, ever, and I actually really like the idea of the spray-painted '4' on Ben's chest. I wonder why he's never been the target of graffiti before now. Thanks for that Crom, I rarely check comicbookresources these days!
JDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 09:41 AM   #3
JDH
Agent of H.A.M.M.E.R.
Producer

Sad to see the hideous modern Dr Doom though. Sigh.
Old 09-19-2005, 09:43 AM   #4
Crom
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdh.goodgrief
Looks fun, and it's easy to see the influences at work. This will be the best drawn Thing in animation, ever, and I actually really like the idea of the spray-painted '4' on Ben's chest. I wonder why he's never been the target of graffiti before now. Thanks for that Crom, I rarely check comicbookresources these days!

I kind of agree on the pinated symbol, just not sure yet. If the style and detail carries over to the show this could be very cool. American cartoons often lack that sense of energy and fluidness in the fight scenes. I want this to be fast and furious and BIG!
Crom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 09:47 AM   #5
JDH
Agent of H.A.M.M.E.R.
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crom
I kind of agree on the pinated symbol, just not sure yet. If the style and detail carries over to the show this could be very cool. American cartoons often lack that sense of energy and fluidness in the fight scenes. I want this to be fast and furious and BIG!
I now want to read a comic in which Johnny spray paints a 4 on Ben's chest while he is sleeping...

If they bring an anime flair to Marvel heroes, I'm all for seeing it. But part of me just wishes they'd draw them in that style but use the original designs. Justice League shows kids will love the classic super-hero costumes - I wish Marvel had the same faith in them that DC does.
Old 09-19-2005, 10:13 AM   #6
JDH
Agent of H.A.M.M.E.R.
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetragrammaton
Could be interesting and have liked the animation coming out of France before. Will be on the look out for it.
What else has come out of France? I know it's practically next door, but I am unfamiliar with animation from France (Franime?). It would be interesting to have an idea what to expect...
Old 09-19-2005, 02:43 PM   #7
Ghost
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdh.goodgrief
What else has come out of France? I know it's practically next door, but I am unfamiliar with animation from France (Franime?). It would be interesting to have an idea what to expect...

The Triplets of Belleville is an amazing movie if you haven't seen it yet. It rivals with the likes of anime and american animation.

I liked the look of this show. And the idea of the graffitied 4 on Ben. Nice touch.
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 02:47 PM   #8
Ish
Kindly Asked To Leave

don't loke the doom, and johnny doest look to good either imo.
Ish is offline   Reply With Quote