Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 09-21-2005, 08:50 AM   #11
Confessor
The Avengers

I watch very little to no network tv. But the few times that I have surfed by this show one or two things bothered me enought not to stick around. Maybe it's not an issue anymore.

But it has to do with realism. On an island in these circumstances, no one's hair would look very good. Body hair would be a problem for men and women (armpit hair). Clothes would become worn and tattered eventually. Even if they found some "stash" of whatever, as it were, eventually the shaving blades would dull, the clothes would run out. The fat people would start to lose weight visibly, as would the rest of the crew.

So that's the main crux of the problem. I think it'd be impossible to do a show like this and be realistic enough. And I abhor the saying some throw around, "it's TV." Well, yeah, it is...and so what: be realistic.
Confessor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 08:56 AM   #12
cblakey1
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Wilson
I like it, and it's definately one of the better shows on Network TV, no question. I can't wait to see me some Michelle Rodriquez this year...

FYI in the US, season 2 starts TONIGHT. So word fellas...
No kiddin'. Checking out Michelle Rodriguez, the Blond gal, and Evangeline Lilly, I'm not even gonna pay attention to the plot.
cblakey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 08:57 AM   #13
leks
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Léon 't Hoen
Leks, you have to do what Bulls did, watch them all at once. This way the slower parts aren't that boring.
Will do that
leks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 08:59 AM   #14
Sam Wilson
Samurai Vato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetragrammaton
Have not been following this show at all. I guess it just seemed too much like Survivor for me. When was Rodriguez introduced? She's very sexy in a scary kind of way.
at the end of last season. She's one of the survivors from the "tail" section of the plane.

Heh. "tail". Heh heh...
Sam Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 09:00 AM   #15
Sam Wilson
Samurai Vato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confessor
I watch very little to no network tv. But the few times that I have surfed by this show one or two things bothered me enought not to stick around. Maybe it's not an issue anymore.

But it has to do with realism. On an island in these circumstances, no one's hair would look very good. Body hair would be a problem for men and women (armpit hair). Clothes would become worn and tattered eventually. Even if they found some "stash" of whatever, as it were, eventually the shaving blades would dull, the clothes would run out. The fat people would start to lose weight visibly, as would the rest of the crew.

So that's the main crux of the problem. I think it'd be impossible to do a show like this and be realistic enough. And I abhor the saying some throw around, "it's TV." Well, yeah, it is...and so what: be realistic.
c'mon C, you dig JLU, that's not so realistic

besides, the chicas man. The chicas...
Sam Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 09:29 AM   #16
thecallahan
THE HUGGERNAUT!!!

Well you see Jack shaving in one episode so they do have some razors. And as for hair and other things, the actress who plays Kate and some one else have said repeatedly they wear the same clothes all the time and that the stench is quite unbearable. They also stated that they wear a minimal amount of makeup.

Also, while I think the Kate flashbacks are boring and could be condensed to about 5-10 minutes top...Dear god she looked smoking when she went to the hospital!
thecallahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 09:57 AM   #17
Tattoo-X

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM28Cardiff
Im not sure myself. Like the X Files, I bet they never explain anything!
No, it's like the X-Files. They answer a question, but leaving you asking more.
Old 09-21-2005, 11:21 AM   #18
CKinSD
Crush Mod
Super Moderator

great show for sure
Old 09-21-2005, 03:33 PM   #19
Ghost
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I like it, but I hate it for alot of the reasons ppl stated here. Poor realism, pacing is off, some episodes drag others are really great. I wouldn't say it's the best since X-Files, that show was great regardless of what season it should have ended at heh, but it's a nice show to help better shows to start coming out.
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 06:04 PM   #20
sincity
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

lost is as overrated as alias was
veronica mars is far better show
as is ncis, monk, dead zone, wanted, mythbusters
personally i'd rather watch trading spaces than lost
sincity is offline   Reply With Quote