Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 02-09-2019, 12:12 AM   #1071
Scrappy3
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
MANY OF THE THREAD TITLES ALREADY HAVE THIS INFORMATION, 1/6 SCALE.
Then why does Sideshow put them as 18" and 16" in height? My bad for asking...
Scrappy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 12:16 AM   #1072
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Do not ever worry about asking a question. I think it can also get confusing since one company lists a statue at a certain scale when it is X number if inches yet another company will list it at another scale when it is the same number of inches.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 12:19 AM   #1073
Scrappy3
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
Do not ever worry about asking a question. I think it can also get confusing since one company lists a statue at a certain scale when it is X number if inches yet another company will list it at another scale when it is the same number of inches.
Okay, thank you for being so nice!

That makes sense. I just wanted to make sure to have a display in which they would fit. I have some detolfs, but idk if they'd be good there.
Old 02-09-2019, 12:22 AM   #1074
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy3 View Post

That makes sense. I just wanted to make sure to have a display in which they would fit. I have some detolfs, but idk if they'd be good there.
Statues can be in the same scale but different heights depending on the bases, if an arm is raised above the head, etc.

Here's a good reference image. The WW on the far left is 1/6 scale. The WW on tank is 1/7 scale, yet it's taller than the "bigger" statue because the sword is raised up high.

Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 12:24 AM   #1075
Scrappy3
Frackin!

Oh, okay. Now I get it.

Thank's for the help!
Old 02-09-2019, 12:34 AM   #1076
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:

Cannot help you with the Detolf question because I do not own any. Some statue collections look great in them
From pictures on here.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 11:23 PM   #1077
Dark Knight.
Birdman

Scale is an approximation from one company to another. It's not exact. To promote their line, companies use their own unique "scale". For example, the TH Superman is about 13.5 inches tall (not including the base). If he were truly 1/6 scale, he would be 6'9''. The only thing that matters to me is that the line scales well together.
Dark Knight. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 01:25 AM   #1078
senseimaki
The Herculoids

Quote:

Unfortunately, each Detolf shelf space is just roughly 15.5” in height. So unless you remove a shelf (and hence use up 2 shelf spaces), the standard Super Powers line statue won’t fit. Even my Batman Returns Michelle Pfeiffer Catwoman from the same company (which is right at that 15.5” height mark) would barely fit and that statue is still smaller than most of the Super Powers line.
senseimaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 09:57 PM   #1079
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by statue-man View Post
Is there any more news about the Superman Re-do?
They have to wait due to Chinese New year. Once factories are back up and running progress is supposed to be made.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 01:29 PM   #1080
jlaavenger
Blue Falcon

Real important Hawkman request. George Perez always drew Hawkman as if he where wearing a mask or helmet. In other words you knew there was a man underneath. Can you make Hawkmans mask removable? Possibly do the same with Hawkgirl. Also please do awesome wings. Look at the Iron Studios Hawkman. Thewong are awesome or look at the redeemer spawn action figure from years ago.
jlaavenger is offline   Reply With Quote