Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Old 03-18-2019, 06:50 PM   #171
Josado
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
Not a question knocking Randy i love everything he does and has ever done.

But just a general question in do you think there's a spot for Randy in the current market still?

With so many companies doing so many things, lots of people having the same licenses & the same scales, people wanting over the top details, large dynamic pieces etc...

What's it going to take for RB to come back and make an impact again?
I honestly think a lot of people are getting tired of the huge, over the top statues. They want smaller and more affordable. I know I'm one of them. One thousand dollar statues with huge, unnecessary bases, just don't cut it for me and a lot of collectors. I think Bowen would find his place quickly, if he decided to come back.
Josado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 06:58 PM   #172
d rod
Xtreme Sports Master
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josado View Post
I honestly think a lot of people are getting tired of the huge, over the top statues. They want smaller and more affordable. I know I'm one of them. One thousand dollar statues with huge, unnecessary bases, just don't cut it for me and a lot of collectors. I think Bowen would find his place quickly, if he decided to come back.
I feel exactly the same way. I miss those mini statues.
d rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 06:59 PM   #173
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
If the detail is there then 1:7 could definitely still be viable. I look at Iron studios and their 1:10 and I'm blown away how they make such small pieces look that good.
Augen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 07:30 PM   #174
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

All you have to do is look at how well they're still selling on the secondary market.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 07:31 PM   #175
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
My preference is Bowen Designs FS statues. They are the most comic book accurate you can find. The over the top statues you reference honestly do nothing for me. I’m a nearly 60 year old comic book lover and his true to comic book form statues are pieces that I love. My basement is full of them and I’d love some more. Hopefully I’m not a market of one.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 07:48 PM   #176
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
My preference is Bowen Designs FS statues. They are the most comic book accurate you can find. The over the top statues you reference honestly do nothing for me. I’m a nearly 60 year old comic book lover and his true to comic book form statues are pieces that I love. My basement is full of them and I’d love some more. Hopefully I’m not a market of one.
I agree with you 150%. His statues are the most comic accurate out there
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 07:52 PM   #177
Josado
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Definitely not a market of one. You got me. And I truly feel you'd be surprised just how many collectors feel the same way.
Josado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 08:00 PM   #178
MKS
Nightwing

Well said and you are not a market of one. I lean heavily towards the MB’s but have my fair share of FS too and would gladly jump back on the comic accurate, Bowen Bandwagon for more in the same style and scale.

Quote:
MKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 08:20 PM   #179
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Wow, gents! So glad we’re in the same camp!
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 08:29 PM   #180
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

I’m in as well. Bowen’s started this statue thing for me I’d make room for more . Very liquid as well.
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote