Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 03-20-2019, 10:23 AM   #4591
Augen
The Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenknight View Post
My Legacy Set arrived on Monday. The right hand on the Alpha and Battle will need replacing (email already sent to SS) but they're ok to display for now. I'm really glad they managed to eliminate the outside seams on the tights of the Classic. Only the inside seams remain which is a major improvement IMO.

I'm a very big fan of Chun Li and overall I'm quite pleased with this set!
I'd say! Nice set up with the scrolls behind the statues there.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 11:41 AM   #4592
Vendetta
The X-Men

I'm very happy with my Alpha as well, and I look forward to eventually receiving my Battle Dress version.

I hope Prime 1 knocks it out of the park with Chun-Li in her classic costume, as I held off on getting the 1/3 of that outfit for that reason. I do have the old PCS 1/4 statue, but that has not aged well.
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 11:50 AM   #4593
greenknight
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
I'd say! Nice set up with the scrolls behind the statues there.
Thanks! Eventually I'd like to compose a picture of all my Chun Li statues/figures with those scrolls as the background. That will probably take some time to coordinate...
greenknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 12:53 PM   #4594
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by The STATUARY View Post
Hey Dao the Dragon looks really good in lots of the pics what could have been better?
You have to go up close to see it but the paint work is over the lines on the dragon. But yes you wouldn't see it at all from a normal distance, it just looks like more of the dragon :P For example on that pic of 3 there I can tell (since I know) that some of the lines are over.
dao2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 01:30 PM   #4595
Augen
The Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenknight View Post
Thanks! Eventually I'd like to compose a picture of all my Chun Li statues/figures with those scrolls as the background. That will probably take some time to coordinate...
I look forward to it. She's had some great ones and likely more on the way.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 02:02 PM   #4596
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuhayabusa6787 View Post
Seems to be a typical pcs piece for the price you pay. Thanks for sharing
I am expecting to like the other 2 better but I'll see when I get around too opening them
dao2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 05:13 PM   #4597
Cyber-Lip
Hydra

Well once again I'm the unlucky one. All 3 of mine have flaws. The worst thing is all 3 came in damp boxes, and the blue dress version has mold spots all over her, mainly on her legs under her stockings. The shipping boxes were dry, it's the illustrated boxes that had been exposed to moisture. They are damp (still, at this very minute!) and warped. My Battle Dress version has a huge clump/bump on her back that looks like a tumor, and her paint has weird streaks all over, which look to me like she may have had beads of moisture on her that someone wiped off and called good, even though it wasn't good. The Alpha was the best of the three, and almost acceptable. Only flaw there was the embroidery on the front of her vest in one part is very thin to where you can see the blue of her vest through it, and what yellow embroidery is there is loose and unraveling. Plus, she had shop dirt/dust all over her. I had to clean her off with a moist cloth. I could almost keep that one, but given the moist box, there could be a moldy disaster going on under her tights that I can't see, so she'll be going back with the other two.

The good news is the $$ I'll be getting back and space I'll be saving.

My overall impression of these, apart from the QC flaws, is they are just OK. Workmanship is so-so, and the fabrics should be nicer. The Battle Dress is especially cheap looking/feeling. These are at best a $599 - $699 piece, and that's IF you get one that looks like they put love into making it, from the stitching and tailoring to the paints. But, with the usual standard-issue half-assed job we're used to from the factories?...not even at $699 would I say these are acceptable.

I feel pretty stupid for giving these people a $700 two year interest free loan.
Cyber-Lip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 05:14 PM   #4598
Cyber-Lip
Hydra

whoops duplicate post
Old 03-20-2019, 05:39 PM   #4599
wakasashe
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Cyber-Lip, I'm sorry to hear.

Your assessment of everything is really well written up.
Thanks for the insight.
wakasashe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 07:12 PM   #4600
Cyber-Lip
Hydra

A couple other things worth mentioning...on my Battle Dress, the head comes glued on (other two are removable) but they did nothing to blend the seam. So it looks just like the other two with the removable head seam around the jawline. As if they just dropped a glob of glue in there and stuck it on. Also, the coloring of the skin tone on the face is not matched to the body, it's several shades darker. Not sure if they are all like this, or it was just something else on mine they F'd up. But it looks really bad, as this one is almost all skin, so it stands out. Just very poor consideration and attention to detail.

These are very simple statues in terms of ease of paint. Why is it that they took something that was so simple to get right and make it look like not screwing it up was a insurmountable monumental task?

And on the Alpha, the yellow plastic breast contraption is also visible through the arm hole on one side. I tried to fix this by scooting the vest over that spot to cover it better, but it's not doable, as the vest is glued on. By moving it you may damage it, so I'd not recommend trying to do this. Same thing with the Battle Dress, I tried to fix the dress up a bit by moving it a little, but it's glued to her breasts, so if you do this be super careful.