Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 08-12-2018, 12:49 AM   #711
jlaavenger
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismhk View Post
$15 coupon is for Tweeterhead direct purchases only.
I thought so. I thought Chad had said in a video really early on, that all of the Tweeterhead statues would include coupons in them but it sounded like that had changed. I guess I was right.

Between some select retailer discounts and low shipping I can see Tweeter direct being the most expensive option.

So far the exclusives just haven't meant enough to me to justify the extra price, I was considering Batman if I knew for sure I'd get coupons from my previous orders but now think I'll pass. Doing a pre-order with the expectation of coupons to use would've been a nice offset.

Tweeterhead is still new, and until we see Wonder Woman and Superman produced it's hard for me to tell if this line is worth it.

So far DC's Designer series is my favorite line.
IMHO the Neal Adam's Superman is mind blowing in person and I'm really looking forward to the Ivan Reis Green Lantern.
jlaavenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 01:40 AM   #712
chrismhk
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlaavenger View Post
I thought so. I thought Chad had said in a video really early on, that all of the Tweeterhead statues would include coupons in them but it sounded like that had changed. I guess I was right.

Between some select retailer discounts and low shipping I can see Tweeter direct being the most expensive option.

So far the exclusives just haven't meant enough to me to justify the extra price, I was considering Batman if I knew for sure I'd get coupons from my previous orders but now think I'll pass. Doing a pre-order with the expectation of coupons to use would've been a nice offset.

Tweeterhead is still new, and until we see Wonder Woman and Superman produced it's hard for me to tell if this line is worth it.

IMHO the Neal Adam's Superman is mind blowing in person and I'm really looking forward to the Ivan Reis Green Lantern.
I think the $15 coupon, in addition to Exclusives, is to give incentive for people to pre-order directly from them. Like you said, their distributor offer better shipping price or discount after all. Even including the coupon, Tweeterhead direct may not be the cheapest option.

I purchase direct from Tweeterhead to support the company more than anything. Tweeterhead is the only company willing to make characters that the other other companies ignore after all. For me, the promise for those characters makes it worth getting into the line.
chrismhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 02:16 AM   #713
statue-man
The Riddler

??
statue-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 05:24 AM   #714
jlaavenger
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismhk View Post
I think the $15 coupon, in addition to Exclusives, is to give incentive for people to pre-order directly from them. Like you said, their distributor offer better shipping price or discount after all. Even including the coupon, Tweeterhead direct may not be the cheapest option.

I purchase direct from Tweeterhead to support the company more than anything. Tweeterhead is the only company willing to make characters that the other other companies ignore after all. For me, the promise for those characters makes it worth getting into the line.
What would definitely do it for me is a never before made Statue. Particularly the Perez Designed Blue/White Costumed Zatanna from the Satellite
era. They do that and I'd have to buy the whole Justice League line because it's the one figure that will likely never get made.

Last edited by nbr3bagshotrow; 12-14-2020 at 05:40 PM.
jlaavenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 05:43 AM   #715
chrismhk
Luke Cage

Quote:
What would definitely do it for me is a never before made Statue. Particularly the Perez Designed Blue/White Costumed Zatanna from the Satellite
era. They do that and I'd have to buy the whole Justice League line because it's the one figure that will likely never get made.
I think there is a very good chance this version of Zatanna will be made. So far, all the characters, in exception to Harley Quinn who didn’t exist back then, are from this era. From the list of characters they confirmed making, we can assume all the characters that was on the recent poll will all be made eventually.
chrismhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 06:17 AM   #716
No1WonderFan
Blue Falcon

Quote:
I'm buying these because they're gorgeous. If they don't do the era-appropriate Perez Zatanna (that you're speaking of ) I may flip out. I absolutely refuse to buy another magic show, top hat Zatanna. It won't happen...I'll just have a "hole" in the collection if that's what they do.
No1WonderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 07:03 AM   #717
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1WonderFan View Post
I'm buying these because they're gorgeous. If they don't do the era-appropriate Perez Zatanna (that you're speaking of ) I may flip out. I absolutely refuse to buy another magic show, top hat Zatanna. It won't happen...I'll just have a "hole" in the collection if that's what they do.
I wouldn't worry about it unless Chad has said something about not doing the satellite era Zatanna.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 10:14 AM   #718
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

This line really seems to be born out of Chad's love for that era, which makes me wonder if there is any shot of getting the Outsiders. I know this line intends to go deeper than probably any other company has done, but THAT would be deep. I mean, if Mr. Mxyzptlk didn't sell that well and Martian Manhunter isn't exactly flying off the shelf, is there any chance for Geo-Force, Halo, 80s Katana, Black Lightning, and Metamorpho? This seems like my only hope.

Hopefully, Tweeterhead's audience grows so something like that is possible. Bowen was able to push some pretty obscure characters out (not that I followed why he closed shop to say whether or not that was successful).

It's not like I'm asking for Ambush Bug and Nocturna here. OK, I'm also asking for Ambush Bug. But, I'll never beg for Colan's Dala and the Monk.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 11:33 AM   #719
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by statue-man View Post
I was just looking at the the video and photos from the SDCC that just past. I have looked at them several times, with attention to the Superman, and Batman statue they are sitting side by side in the display case, and sitting on the same size booster. Superman appears to be a 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch taller then Batman. That didn't seem right Superman is advertised at 17 1/4 inches tall and Batman advertised at 19 inches tall. Either I need new glasses or there is a minor mistake in the ads. I just ordered the Batman, and was thinking about how I would display them in my case.
Batman’s riser was a little shorter than Superman’s.

nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 12:28 PM   #720
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:

I can understand about your reservations but just from what has been shown I do feel that this line is worth it. Even though there have been issues with some statues and some shipping late, I do not feel that this is not something that other companies have dealt with.

Also, would the statues not be the same price if you would choose to order it from Sideshow or through your LCBS?
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote