Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-06-2019, 11:52 AM   #2731
oddlysober
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

My ex had in issue with everything I collect as well, especially when it showcased a sexy woman. She sees dead people and I do not, hence she thinks there's something seriously wrong with me. What is it about gals and their insecurities?
oddlysober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 12:31 PM   #2732
V4XCollect
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

I've found my statue collection to be a plus while dating... the dates I choose to bring home have all been really impressed by them...

I did find it important though to describe them as works of art, hand sculpted, hand painted, takes years to make etc etc...

For Red Sonja though I did take her cape and covered the severed head with the sword also going through the cape...
V4XCollect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 01:36 PM   #2733
stone eagle
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddlysober View Post
My ex had in issue with everything I collect as well, especially when it showcased a sexy woman. What is it about gals and their insecurities?
Seems rather obvious to me, women are constantly analyzed by society and themselves comparing themselves to whatever the "ideal woman" is perceived to be.....They are sized up on things like their weight, breast size,legs/butt etc. as well as makeup, clothes, hair and on and on....How could a spouse feel secure when they know your are constantly looking at "a sexy woman" statue and they then feel you are comparing them to the image.
stone eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 02:25 PM   #2734
Augen
The Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddlysober View Post
My ex had in issue with everything I collect as well, especially when it showcased a sexy woman. She sees dead people and I do not, hence she thinks there's something seriously wrong with me. What is it about gals and their insecurities?
Much of a groups insecurities stems from societal expectations.

Many men I've met have their greatest insecurities about being a provider. They work themselves hard and sometimes shorten their lives to fulfill their role.

Meanwhile known women who put a lot of pressure on appearance with uncomfortable fashion or long periods applying make up.

Boiling it down we often present men as a utility and women as a decoration. I think it is changing, but the remnants will be with us for a while.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 04:42 PM   #2735
Silas Loki
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by stone eagle View Post
I have been married to the same woman for almost 39 years and I have learned that communication and compromise is the keys to a lasting happy relationship.
Those of you that think the wife has to bend to the guy's will should look at it from the other side,what if she wanted a bunch of well built and well hung virtually naked male statues in a room used daily for many hours? Would that make you feel "less than"?
I try to compromise with covering up the severed head with the cape to cut down on violence, on Wonder Woman I used the skirt to cover up her some and I display my statues in a room I use daily but my wife doesn't have to stare at them for hours every day.
Being a good partner means you should consider the other person's feelings and thoughts.
Quote:
Seems rather obvious to me, women are constantly analyzed by society and themselves comparing themselves to whatever the "ideal woman" is perceived to be.....They are sized up on things like their weight, breast size,legs/butt etc. as well as makeup, clothes, hair and on and on....How could a spouse feel secure when they know your are constantly looking at "a sexy woman" statue and they then feel you are comparing them to the image.
I can see a pattern in your thought process.

The thing is, if your female partner really felt that way, you'd not be able to leave the house, go to work, watch TV or read magazines.....in fact, she'd have to blind you.

I'd feel confident in saying, most statue collectors, who have partners, probably spend very little time staring at their statues enough to give their partners a "complex" - and those few collectors who worship their statues are probably socially challenged and therefore single.

But in the end, NO ONE is answerable to anyone else's insecurities, the jealous insecure wife doesn't get any more of a free pass than the jealous, possessive husband.

I would suggest, if that's the kind of relationship a person finds themself in, than statues are really the least of their troubles.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 06:28 PM   #2736
nearmint
Phoenix

Just to be clear, since this discussion seems to stem from my post, my wife wouldn’t frown on this piece because she’s insecure. If we weren’t raising a young son, I wouldn’t think twice about ordering this statue.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 04:34 PM   #2737
Josado
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Same could be said for men. It's a superficial world now.
Josado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 05:24 PM   #2738
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Merica!!!
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 06:57 PM   #2739
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josado View Post
Same could be said for men. It's a superficial world now.
Wholeheartedly agreed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio1 View Post
Merica!!!
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 10:34 PM   #2740
Vic Viper
Fantastic Four

I just ordered the regular as they're back in stock again with free shipping! I really hope these are not returns from previous owners.

Now, anyone willing to sell just the Ex banner for a reasonable price?
Vic Viper is offline   Reply With Quote