Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-17-2019, 01:16 AM   #8001
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_J.Warren View Post
This makes it clear to me that I should never buy another print from them again. I received my framed Captain Marvel #1 today, and it seems fine. I have not removed the bubble wrap yet, but the outer box had been ripped open at the bottom and it felt like a card-stock, rather than a shipper box.

If I'm paying $350 for a framed print and "that" is how it is shipped...well, that's pretty disrespectful to the consumer. I can't wait for them to complete their x-men line because I'll stop ordering their Sideshow stuff altogether. When you're paying (overpaying) that much, at least spent more than $0.50 on a damn box. Not sure if it's greed, stupidity, or both, but it really bothers me. Okay...rant over haha.
I agree, but if they have a replacement when things go wrong it would be ok as long as we get a replacement. The framed boxes are a bit better even though I had some came as you mentioned above even on framed prints. The metal prints imo are so fragile and the shipping boxes makes little to no protection during transit. Wait till you see the boxes they use on those metal prints. Who knows? Hopefully they will use stronger boxes for those from the upcoming prints. Anyone not opening those to inspect could be very disappointed after the 30 days if you decide to leave those metal prints sealed in boxes. Same goes for the framed prints. I just got one with white spots all over inside the glass that can't be cleaned. Lucky for me SS did help me out with a replacement. It was like 40 visible fairly large white powder stained spots inside the glass. So open your boxes and inspect them on arrival. Or risk the 30 days passing with no recourse. Thanks SS for having a replacement for me. It did make me happy to own the print. If there was none I would be so disappointed. So SS came through for me this time. Congrats on the Captain Marvel print. Loved the movie and I po it as well. Hope they make more movies for captain marvel soon.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 01:32 AM   #8002
Agent_J.Warren
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
I agree, but if they have a replacement when things go wrong it would be ok as long as we get a replacement. The framed boxes are a bit better even though I had some came as you mentioned above even on framed prints. The metal prints imo are so fragile and the shipping boxes makes little to no protection during transit. Wait till you see the boxes they use on those metal prints. Who knows? Hopefully they will use stronger boxes for those from the upcoming prints. Anyone not opening those to inspect could be very disappointed after the 30 days if you decide to leave those metal prints sealed in boxes. Same goes for the framed prints. I just got one with white spots all over inside the glass that can't be cleaned. Lucky for me SS did help me out with a replacement. It was like 40 visible fairly large white powder stained spots inside the glass. So open your boxes and inspect them on arrival. Or risk the 30 days passing with no recourse. Thanks SS for having a replacement for me. It did make me happy to own the print. If there was none I would be so disappointed. So SS came through for me this time. Congrats on the Captain Marvel print. Loved the movie and I po it as well. Hope they make more movies for captain marvel soon.
Glad they took care of you in the end. I will tell anyone that will listen that Sideshow has the best customer service, but a lot of the problems collectors have are due to poor decisions Sideshow makes to begin with. They essentially create their own problems, and are just very good at resolving them.

And I agree about the 30-day thing. People must check their product upon arrival. I plan on fully unboxing my print and Thor PF tomorrow, or this weekend. I've just had such bad luck recently that I'd rather save that hassle for when the work week ends lol.

Have not seen Captain Marvel, but am a huge Carol Danvers fan. Glad you liked the movie though. I'll be waiting to rent, but am still interested to see it eventually.
Agent_J.Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 04:20 PM   #8003
IzeroI
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

https://www.sideshow.com/whats-new/r...t#contest-form

IzeroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 04:41 PM   #8004
Wah
Shadowhawk

thats really nice, but i would of preferred a pose of her and the marines and not the cat.
Wah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 04:42 PM   #8005
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IzeroI View Post
Wow! No interest to buy but very impressed with the likeness. Amazing work!
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 04:58 PM   #8006
French Cancan
Deadman

Well done. I don't see any brushstrokes.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 06:25 PM   #8007
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wah View Post
thats really nice, but i would of preferred a pose of her and the marines and not the cat.
Not a cat. It's a flerken.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 06:50 PM   #8008
BurningRage
Inhumans

Nice, hopefully a pf.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 04:24 PM   #8009
FROBAY
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by KgBeast11 View Post

Agreed, it just looks so good , might buy it whitout that average PF
The white frame with this looks real good.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 05:38 PM   #8010
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

This is magnificent. Yes.

Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote