Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-17-2019, 12:32 PM   #241
Agent_J.Warren
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulhym View Post
The teeth are "normal", they always look rotten. The worst teeth in the history of statues.

But every time i say this, the SS fanboys attack saying that it's the artist's vision.....
The weird thing is that I've gotten statues from them before, with teeth, and they looked fine. Of course they had other issues, but this? Idk. The good news is that the worst of it is out of sight when then head is attached. But why should there even be a "the good news is" scenario. It should always be, "oh wow, what a great statue. Can't wait to display it..." ...not this ongoing crap.

*wipes sweat from pulsing forehead*

I need to take a breath and walk away.
Agent_J.Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 01:02 PM   #242
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_J.Warren View Post
Don't even give them the option for a replacement order anymore. They did that to me too. Took over a month to receive a replacement and that one had issues too! Ahhh lol.

If you have the funds, send them pics and say you're returning that one. Then just order another one.
That was going to be my plan - it's wait listed, though. When I originally received it, wait list conversions were happening even for new orders. That was one of my first follow-up e-mails to the rep who initially responded to tell me it would be another 7-10 business days before someone else would contact me. I wanted to just get a return and jump on the wait list. No response. I even had the rep's direct e-mail address from a previous issue and tried that. Ignored. It's also 1 per customer, so I couldn't order it or get on the wait list via my account. I did end up creating another account to get on the wait list, but those quick conversions must have ended.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 01:13 PM   #243
HeavyMetalSpike
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)
Quote:
Am I being too picky?

It looks like his teeth are rotting.

One of his eyes is pink, and missing gloss.

He's got knicks across his helmet, and the gloss paint looks like it's starting to peel away.

And he's got a weird black line under his left eye. Not blended at all.

I'm so freaking angry right now!!! Fifth piece in a row with QC issues. If it weren't so expensive I'd throw it against the wall right now and be done with it.

Am I right here, or too picky. I seriously need to know.
In all honesty - it looks fine to me - but maybe the photos are not showing what you see in-hand.

The teeth are certainly darker/dirtier than shown on their webpage though.

Based on the photos, if you are unhappy with this quality, you should never order a Sadshow piece again - this is GOOD for them.

HeavyMetalSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 02:19 PM   #244
Agent_J.Warren
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyMetalSpike View Post
In all honesty - it looks fine to me - but maybe the photos are not showing what you see in-hand.

The teeth are certainly darker/dirtier than shown on their webpage though.

Based on the photos, if you are unhappy with this quality, you should never order a Sadshow piece again - this is GOOD for them.

I really wanted to finish the X-Men line first before I quit for good. I've ordered Sideshow pieces off eBay and I've never had any issues. Which is annoying, because every piece I've ordered directly from Sideshow has had major issues. It makes no sense. Fit issues, paint issues, you name it.

Why do they have so many problems, you think? Rushed production?
Old 04-17-2019, 02:39 PM   #245
schachi08
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolf65 View Post
Thanks to Joe R at SS Taarna is standing proud once again
Good to hear. What issues did you have with your first Taarna?
schachi08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 04:03 PM   #246
HeavyMetalSpike
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)
Quote:
. . . Why do they have so many problems, you think? Rushed production?
It's a deliberate business choice on their part - if they wanted better QC, they could get it.

They just can't be bothered, and they know people have historically put-up with the poor QC.

That is changing though, with players like PRIME1 expanding their domain.

Sadshow WERE my "go to" producers - they were the biggest/best game in town (only game in town for many franchises). BUT - I haven't bought a Sadshow piece in 2 years - and THAT was returned damaged. The last one I bought/kept was from 3 years ago - and they had to discount 20% to encourage me to buy AND send replacement parts.

HeavyMetalSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 03:30 AM   #247
Agent_J.Warren
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post
That was going to be my plan - it's wait listed, though. When I originally received it, wait list conversions were happening even for new orders. That was one of my first follow-up e-mails to the rep who initially responded to tell me it would be another 7-10 business days before someone else would contact me. I wanted to just get a return and jump on the wait list. No response. I even had the rep's direct e-mail address from a previous issue and tried that. Ignored. It's also 1 per customer, so I couldn't order it or get on the wait list via my account. I did end up creating another account to get on the wait list, but those quick conversions must have ended.
That's horrible. I'm seriously very sorry that happened to you. I do hope they take care of you, but who knows anymore. I went to reorder the one I received with a bad portrait, and the same thing (one per person). Looks like I'm in a similar situation.

It feels like they take your money and hold you hostage. Not okay...

I honestly thinking I'm done with them. Pissed though because I already started collecting their X-Men line and have $340 stashed on my Sideshow account. I may just upload what I've collected on eBay and switch gears to a Maul, Vader PF, and call it quits. That's $9k saved, and I can have my life back.

Not sure how you are feeling, but everyone has a breaking point, and I'm passed mine. These things are too expensive to deal with this.
Old 04-18-2019, 03:59 AM   #248
equi-nox76
Alpha Flight

Quote:
I really wanted to finish the X-Men line first before I quit for good. I've ordered Sideshow pieces off eBay and I've never had any issues. Which is annoying, because every piece I've ordered directly from Sideshow has had major issues. It makes no sense. Fit issues, paint issues, you name it.

Why do they have so many problems, you think? Rushed production?
That's the good thing about secondary market, there the original buyer already had the hassle to get the replacements. He/she has done the work already for you
Chris
equi-nox76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 04:29 AM   #249
Agent_J.Warren
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by equi-nox76 View Post
That's the good thing about secondary market, there the original buyer already had the hassle to get the replacements. He/she has done the work already for you
Chris
Hah! You make a valid point here.
Old 04-18-2019, 12:01 PM   #250
Lonewolf65
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by schachi08 View Post
Good to hear. What issues did you have with your first Taarna?
she had a dark scratch down her forearm, I also had some issues with fitting the head, but that was just a matter of trimming some residual cast material in the socket...but i just couldn't overlook the scratch.
Lonewolf65 is offline   Reply With Quote