Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 04-17-2019, 11:08 AM   #2411
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
"The cream and gold I call Viserion. Viserys was cruel and weak and frightened, yet he was my brother still. His dragon will do what he could not."
Oui, je sais.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 09:07 PM   #2412
off
The X-Men

Would be awesome if the White Walkers decimate everyone and the last shot is the Night King on the Iron Throne.
off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 10:10 PM   #2413
markuz30
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

That's one good thing about GOT. People always think that Daenerys will be like her Father. Mad and Cruel. but time and time again She has shown compassion to people.

She told Yara that if she wanted alliance, the greyjoys should leave their bad ways (killing and raping) even if Yara said thats their way of life.. She said "NO MORE".

For the Tarlys - Don't forget they were given a choice, she did not burn them the second she saw them, They CHOSE to DIE and She could have burned all of the soldiers but She did not.

She could easily Conquer Westeros the moment She stepped foot in Dragonstone with the thousands of army She had and 3 dragons, but again She did not. She could literaly burn kings landing in a day but again She did not.

The Dothrakis - known for their barbaric nature if you notice are more civilized now compared before under her rule.

She gave the Unsullied freedom but they chose to follow her.

Daenerys has evolved from a completely helpless little girl to be the most powerful character in the show..
markuz30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 11:32 PM   #2414
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by markuz30 View Post
Daenerys has evolved from a completely helpless little girl to be the most powerful character in the show..
no she hasn't, she is totally worthless aside from having dragons and thus people who will follow her because of them. she obviously has no combat abilities, she isn't really shown to be that smart and I've yet to see her make any truly tactical decisions on her own without the aid of a bunch of far more qualified folks telling her what to do.

I get strong Rick Grimes vibes from her since much like Rick EVERYBODY in their respective universe keeps telling me how smart they are and how amazing they are at leading yet just about everything they actually do says otherwise, so am I as the viewer supposed to know they actually suck at being a leader and am in on the joke that the world is screwed following them or am I supposed to actually think they are as good as i'm being told despite what i'm seeing and the writers just kind of suck at writing.
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 11:47 PM   #2415
supermetroid
Teen Titans

^Sounds like you need to bend the knee.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 12:56 AM   #2416
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermetroid View Post
^Sounds like you need to bend the knee.
put my ashes in the same heap as Sam's family!
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 02:33 AM   #2417
markuz30
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

[QUOTE=MrYac;5745869]no she hasn't, she is totally worthless aside from having dragons and thus people who will follow her because of them. she obviously has no combat abilities, she isn't really shown to be that smart and I've yet to see her make any truly tactical decisions on her own without the aid of a bunch of far more qualified folks telling her what to do.

But that's the thing. She listens. She respect her advisers opinion. The Dragons are just a part of her being a Targaryen. She has the army, She has the dragons, She is always present in the battlefield and if you still want her to be super tactical then She is practically unbeatable.
markuz30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 07:54 AM   #2418
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

I'm one of those people who has never seen an episode of the show. A couple lawyers at work say I remind them of the onion stealer, whoever that is. Is that a good thing?
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 08:44 AM   #2419
jeremydmc
Black Panther

She was pretty damned tactical when she she got all the Khal's into a hut that she burned down knowing she would survive the fire.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 08:46 AM   #2420
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefixit2 View Post
I'm one of those people who has never seen an episode of the show. A couple lawyers at work say I remind them of the onion stealer, whoever that is. Is that a good thing?
Davos Seaworth, The Onion Knight, is one of my favorite characters....so yes!
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote