Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Giclees/Lithos/Prints/Posters

Old 04-27-2016, 10:04 PM   #6651
Whirl Wind Boy
I don't have a solution but I admire the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post
What are the big summer releases other than Civil War?
I guess it's more wishful thinking on my part, but i'm hoping Independence 2, Suicide Squad, Star Trek Beyond, and X-Men all get some sort of print treatment.

Although Marvels blockage of X-Men Merchandise and lack of previous X-Men prints makes me feel we won't see nothing.

Of course, i'm curious to see what may come of Indiana Jones and Star Wars too.
Whirl Wind Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 10:58 PM   #6652
KELPIE
New Republic

Quote:
I'll post links when they announce them. I assumed people were checking Expresso Beans as much as me. I check it midday to scan for new images usually during the middle of the week.

Here are the Alien Day prints from Bottleneck Gallery. All sold out now though.

http://www.bottleneckgallery.com/blo...-chris-skinner

There were ones from Mondo as well. Check their Twitter.

http://www.twitter.com/mondonews

Also I saw some from Acme I believe. I can't remember the link right now.
Cool thanks. Like I said, I'm probably in the minority. I have no idea how to use / browse EB and haven't devoted the time to working it out.

So a lot of my exposure is seeing what you guys talk about or post here so any bones thrown is appreciated

That Englert pic is pretty tempting. I've only got one of his, however plenty I've been close to pulling the trigger on.... or I found out about them long after they sold out
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 01:43 AM   #6653
Whirl Wind Boy
I don't have a solution but I admire the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
Cool thanks. Like I said, I'm probably in the minority. I have no idea how to use / browse EB and haven't devoted the time to working it out.

So a lot of my exposure is seeing what you guys talk about or post here so any bones thrown is appreciated

That Englert pic is pretty tempting. I've only got one of his, however plenty I've been close to pulling the trigger on.... or I found out about them long after they sold out
You on facebook? I get most of my updates from on there. Groups like Mondo trader and poster buddies and traders.
Whirl Wind Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 03:18 AM   #6654
Simplyrob
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I think it's absolutely nuts how Alien/Aliens prints keep getting made. Has every artist done one by now? With this new wave out, I think it'll make like 6 or 7 I have from Englert alone.

I did see the Shaw.......and the subsequent sales on eBay. Made me wish I would've used my golden ticket for one of those. Damn.
Simplyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 02:14 PM   #6655
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirl Wind Boy View Post
I guess it's more wishful thinking on my part, but i'm hoping Independence 2, Suicide Squad, Star Trek Beyond, and X-Men all get some sort of print treatment.

Although Marvels blockage of X-Men Merchandise and lack of previous X-Men prints makes me feel we won't see nothing.

Of course, i'm curious to see what may come of Indiana Jones and Star Wars too.
Prints from those will be passes for me. Except maybe the Duriuex Indy. But I'm not sure about that one. The Indy posters are so iconic it's difficult to do something on that level. I had that temple idea I posted some time ago. I wrote it down somewhere. I think doing something like that could still be good.

I still haven't even seen The Force Awakens. JJ Abrams stuff really doesn't work for me. But people seem to be excited about an artist working on a print for it. She's worked on some fantastic looking commissions in the past. Her Metal Gear 5 commission looks really good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post

I just check the Expresso Beans forum. Pretty much only the main and events sections. All the galleries have their topics. So it's just a matter of browsing for the images.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 07:57 PM   #6656
KELPIE
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirl Wind Boy View Post
You on facebook? I get most of my updates from on there. Groups like Mondo trader and poster buddies and traders.
Nah, not a Facebook user. However if I ever take it up, I'll keep this in mind. Didn't even know Facebook had groups?

Quote:
I just check the Expresso Beans forum. Pretty much only the main and events sections. All the galleries have their topics. So it's just a matter of browsing for the images.
Yeah, I've always found EB a bit of a mess, however I'll give it more of a go and check out the sections you mentioned.
Old 05-02-2016, 01:00 AM   #6657
bloodrain
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplyrob View Post
I did see the Shaw.......and the subsequent sales on eBay. Made me wish I would've used my golden ticket for one of those. Damn.
I fail to see the big deal about the shaw print. It was easily my least liked print from alien day releases and cant imagine people actually paying those ridiculous ebay prices.

I think Englert's was by far the best one but obviously everything is subjective. I was able to snag the variant and had zero interest in the other stuff
bloodrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 01:51 AM   #6658
Simplyrob

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodrain View Post
I fail to see the big deal about the shaw print. It was easily my least liked print from alien day releases and cant imagine people actually paying those ridiculous ebay prices.

I think Englert's was by far the best one but obviously everything is subjective. I was able to snag the variant and had zero interest in the other stuff
yeah, i can see how you'd think that. the paper it was printed on, from what I've heard, is like X-ray paper, kinda translucent. may make framing difficult. i bet a few people can do some pretty creative stuff with it though.

i like englerts also, duh. he had a purple version he was floating around his fan group, i thought it looked the best. it wouldve been without the glow in the dark, but, i liked it better than the blues. was a really great color way for that print.
Old 05-22-2016, 01:17 PM   #6659
Simplyrob

Wow. No new comments in 3 weeks? You guys quit buying or is this place dead anyways (Swingers ref)?

I bought this recently, only because I needed something to have Ralph Macchio and William Zabka sign when they're here next month for a con! The regular version with the little bit of color looked forced. I think a proper frame-up and some bold signatures will look solid! Woohoo!

Old 05-23-2016, 12:05 AM   #6660
KELPIE
New Republic

Plenty of convo in the sideshow art print thread

Cool print. Nice empty space for sigs too.