Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Giclees/Lithos/Prints/Posters

Old 12-06-2020, 09:46 PM   #1
HowToLitho101
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Displaying posters

Hi there guys, I have about 20 posters that are the size kf general movie posters (all mine are from Blizzcon) I have them all stored between 2 pieces of foam bard to stay flat. They are all signed and I love them. I want to get then out of storage in my closet so I can show them off. I do not have enough space to hang them all up. I thought I saw ( I think) a thread from like 3 years ago about a poster storage table type thing with a see through table top where you can see the poster and store many posters in drawers below it. Does this exist or did I just make this up?

If it doesn't is there anyway I can display 1 or 2 posters at times and alternate between my others one with some ease? Thank you.
HowToLitho101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 10:42 PM   #2
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

What you're looking for is called a 'flat file'. Some have a clear glass or acrylic top for displaying a print. They can be pretty pricey.

If you're wanting to frame and hang some, you can get a rather inexpensive frame called a 'snap frame', that can easily swap out posters quickly, from the front.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 12:48 AM   #3
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

When I was moving last year I discovered that I had two posters left from about 20 that I had purchased throughout the 90's - The George Perez Avengers 30th anniversary and the Adam Hughes Women of the DC Universe. Since I have alot more wall space I decided I wanted to hang them up and I went to Micheals and got a nice, simple art gallery frame. Like most frames at Micheal's, they were buy 1 get 1 free. The posters fit in perfectly and they look great. Those frames, depending on your wall space, might help you out and are very easy to switch out the posters.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 01:24 AM   #4
HowToLitho101
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
What you're looking for is called a 'flat file'. Some have a clear glass or acrylic top for displaying a print. They can be pretty pricey.

If you're wanting to frame and hang some, you can get a rather inexpensive frame called a 'snap frame', that can easily swap out posters quickly, from the front.
Thank you! Will google those terms. Do you feel like the snap frames damage or cause bends in the posters over time?
HowToLitho101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 03:36 AM   #5
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowToLitho101 View Post
Thank you! Will google those terms. Do you feel like the snap frames damage or cause bends in the posters over time?
I'm not sure. I don't have any. I've wondered about that myself.

I assume the manufacturers would've thought of that, so when the frame snaps shut, it should just be enough pressure to secure the plastic overlay without creasing the print.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote