Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 02-23-2021, 01:51 PM   #31
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Just wondering if the price they listed on fb is a typo as they have both the rescue and mk85 busts listed on their website for $1225 which seems more reasonable?
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 12:12 AM   #32
laproblematique
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
Just wondering if the price they listed on fb is a typo as they have both the rescue and mk85 busts listed on their website for $1225 which seems more reasonable?
Two busts for $1225? No chance.

The local Australian retailer is charging $2000 AUD for each, so that $1225 would be per bust.

These ones may actually be worth the price point given shorter runs and actually made by QS as opposed to being outsourced to ----ty factories.
laproblematique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 02:39 AM   #33
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by laproblematique View Post

The local Australian retailer is charging $2000 AUD for each, so that $1225 would be per bust.

These ones may actually be worth the price point given shorter runs and actually made by QS as opposed to being outsourced to ----ty factories.
On this forum did anyone other than me actually post about any issues they were having with the Mark 50 bust?

Or has all this been in the Facebook groups as I didn’t notice any mention here.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 03:13 AM   #34
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by laproblematique View Post

I said they were both listed at $1225 (so $1225 each) not you could get them both for $1225
Old 02-27-2021, 03:21 AM   #35
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
On this forum did anyone other than me actually post about any issues they were having with the Mark 50 bust?

Or has all this been in the Facebook groups as I didn’t notice any mention here.
I’m not sure about the standard mk50 but I know the battle damaged mk50 came out no where near the detail of the proto render.
This is the problem with these small companies that get too big too quick. They have no choice but to farm out projects to outside factories due to the volume of products they’re putting out, and 9 times out of 10 quality suffers. They should have stayed as a low volume high end bust maker imo but as usual the lure of the $$$$$ is too much
Old 02-27-2021, 03:38 AM   #36
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
I’m not sure about the standard mk50 but I know the battle damaged mk50 came out no where near the detail of the proto render.
This is the problem with these small companies that get too big too quick. They have no choice but to farm out projects to outside factories due to the volume of products they’re putting out, and 9 times out of 10 quality suffers. They should have stayed as a low volume high end bust maker imo but as usual the lure of the $$$$$ is too much
It's not only that, plenty of these companies start out with a bang. They splash cash to get their name in the game, but it isn't sustainable.
Detailed paint jobs are the hardest for the factories to replicate anyway. Didn't they have to get revisions done on the Arnold T-800?
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 05:42 PM   #37
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Most companies "farm out" the factory work, only a couple actually own their factories. Even large ones like Sideshow don't own any manufacturing. Queen does use different ones, including Toynami and others which probably explains the quality differences.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 03:08 PM   #38
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Most companies "farm out" the factory work, only a couple actually own their factories. Even large ones like Sideshow don't own any manufacturing. Queen does use different ones, including Toynami and others which probably explains the quality differences.
Yeah I know sideshow never had there own factory which is why they always had varying quality. Queen afaik did all their very early releases in house, it's only with the increase in product and es that they've had to use other factories. Obviously they weren't happy themselves with the mk50 quality hence them doing the mk85 and rescue busts in house (they said as much on fb)
Old 02-27-2022, 06:42 PM   #39
Drakul
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I don't know if any of you speak French but Virtual Devil releases a video and he completely lost it when he saw the remote and realized they used the same ---- light up.
Drakul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 07:47 PM   #40
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakul View Post
I don't know if any of you speak French but Virtual Devil releases a video and he completely lost it when he saw the remote and realized they used the same ---- light up.
He certainly did. At least he didn't knock it down, as he threatened to do beforehand.
Shoo is online now   Reply With Quote