Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 02-27-2021, 09:13 PM   #681
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Asian companies give precedence to Asian companies. The Rancor may well be a piece they tacked extra on to just because they know there are enough people desperate enough to have one. Point is individual product prices are not totally dependent on the products costs.

An every company is unique as well. Compare the size of SS and their standard of operations to Prime1 which relies far more heavily on distributors.
Really no matter what their costs or contracts are I don't care. It's not my problem. As a customer of course I'm going to compare statues in this hobby. I would be crazy not to. Everything you mentioned is their problem as a company and not mine as a customer. So when I see what SS is asking for 1300 I am 100% going to compare it to other statues of a similar price, I'd be a fool not to.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 10:03 PM   #682
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
Really no matter what their costs or contracts are I don't care. It's not my problem. As a customer of course I'm going to compare statues in this hobby. I would be crazy not to. Everything you mentioned is their problem as a company and not mine as a customer. So when I see what SS is asking for 1300 I am 100% going to compare it to other statues of a similar price, I'd be a fool not to.
I'm only offering possible reasonable explanations not excuses.
Neither one are worth their asking prices but if pics so far pan out this beats Rancor by 100 miles.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 10:05 PM   #683
dao2
Cyclops

If RS comes out well you don't think a 1/3 of this size and detail warrants the price? I think it does :<
Old 02-27-2021, 10:24 PM   #684
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
If RS comes out well you don't think a 1/3 of this size and detail warrants the price? I think it does :<
I think collectors are d1cking themselves over, competing with themselves (not among themselves but literally with themselves) to get brittle azz plastic statues and they don't even realize it. If it came out identicalto the proto then I could argue it being worth it even though it still wouldn't be worth it.

Why no matter what I do does this not feel like 1/3 to me? Not saying it isn't, I'm sure it is, just no matter what it seems only barely larger than 1/4. This is the only shot for scale I can remember and it still looks small to me. Look forward to seeing it among other collections.
https://youtu.be/JeFPRmgTuS4?t=146
Old 02-27-2021, 10:50 PM   #685
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
I think collectors are d1cking themselves over, competing with themselves (not among themselves but literally with themselves) to get brittle azz plastic statues and they don't even realize it. If it came out identicalto the proto then I could argue it being worth it even though it still wouldn't be worth it.

Why no matter what I do does this not feel like 1/3 to me? Not saying it isn't, I'm sure it is, just no matter what it seems only barely larger than 1/4. This is the only shot for scale I can remember and it still looks small to me. Look forward to seeing it among other collections.
https://youtu.be/JeFPRmgTuS4?t=146
Well that's next to another 1:3 piece so it's going to be similar in size of course. Also according to the product page the regular is 30" tall (37" and 40" with the ax and ex sword). And assuming that's correct it's pretty huge, well bigger then a 1:4 would be, and even the reg is over an inch taller than the sideshow rancor (29"). The nerdysphere video very briefly shows it next to the 1:3 dog alien and while it will of course be smaller it doesn't seem very small next to it.

edit: a couple shots if where you can see the 1:3 dog alien (or at least a small corner of it).

Old 02-28-2021, 04:45 AM   #686
qz33
Doctor Doom

Yeah I just don't think I'll believe it till I see her next to the Sideshow OG Sonya.
Old 03-01-2021, 08:38 PM   #687
dao2
Cyclops

A short but decent quality video up on nerdysphere, lower the volume if you go looking :P
Old 03-02-2021, 01:56 AM   #688
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Just watched that video. She looks amazing. Sucks thst she is 2 boxes though, but oh well. Now just waiting on shipping charges.
Shaughn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 01:23 PM   #689
Lonewolf65
Luke Cage

Quote:
A short but decent quality video up on nerdysphere, lower the volume if you go looking :P
Good call..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaughn54 View Post
Just watched that video. She looks amazing. Sucks thst she is 2 boxes though, but oh well. Now just waiting on shipping charges.
Where did you see it's 2 boxes? that really sucks, high shipping and 20% import tell me why I got into this again...
Lonewolf65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 01:58 PM   #690
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolf65 View Post
Where did you see it's 2 boxes? that really sucks, high shipping and 20% import tell me why I got into this again...
In the nerdsphere video and it was also 2 boxes in the previous pics as well. So definitely two boxes sorry :P