Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 01-13-2018, 05:59 AM   #51
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReTardist View Post
Yes I'm sure. Like I said, there are exceptions. But I've been in this industry for 15 years now and just in that time span, various licenses and popular characters have come and gone like seasons. lol
But, but... Alf is back, in pog form!

Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 11:24 AM   #52
waeguk
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Is there a database / site that monitors aftermarket prices?

Where is everyone concluding from?

Let me know if any of the following are below retail (inflation adjusted) and where :
- Sideshow Darth Talon 1/4
- Sideshow Shaak Ti 1/4
- Sideshow Alien Queen 1/4 scale bust
- Sideshow Doom 1/4 pf ver 1.0
- Sideshow General Grievous 1/4 scale pf
- Sideshow Iron Man comiquette excl
- Sideshow Emma Frost white queen comiquette
- Sideshow X-men Sentinel #1 diorama
- Sideshow Ms Marvel 1/4 pf
- XM studios magneto
- XM studios ghost rider
- Master replicas han solo blaster
- MR Millennium Falcon studio scale
- MR Rebel Y Wing studio scale
- PCS Akuma 1/4 (1st version)
- PCS Sagat 1/4
- GG animated Padme amidala
waeguk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 12:12 PM   #53
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by waeguk View Post
Is there a database / site that monitors aftermarket prices?

Where is everyone concluding from?

Let me know if any of the following are below retail (inflation adjusted) and where :
- Sideshow Darth Talon 1/4
- Sideshow Shaak Ti 1/4
- Sideshow Alien Queen 1/4 scale bust
- Sideshow Doom 1/4 pf ver 1.0
- Sideshow General Grievous 1/4 scale pf
- Sideshow Iron Man comiquette excl
- Sideshow Emma Frost white queen comiquette
- Sideshow X-men Sentinel #1 diorama
- Sideshow Ms Marvel 1/4 pf
- XM studios magneto
- XM studios ghost rider
- Master replicas han solo blaster
- MR Millennium Falcon studio scale
- MR Rebel Y Wing studio scale
- PCS Akuma 1/4 (1st version)
- PCS Sagat 1/4
- GG animated Padme amidala
Personal experience and look on Ebay in the Sold Section, for example a SS Emma Frost White Queen Comiquette just sold for $167.50 on Ebay... Another sold for $229...

As pointed out some statues like XM Magneto, SS Doom 1.0 and Darth Talon will always sell far greater then their original costs because their rare, Now if several companies came out and made Darth Talon then the price on the original would probably drop quit a bit, but since SS version is the only one and the Edition Size wasn't all that big it's gone up in value...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 12:25 PM   #54
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Personal experience and look on Ebay in the Sold Section, for example a SS Emma Frost White Queen Comiquette just sold for $167.50 on Ebay... Another sold for $229...

As pointed out some statues like XM Magneto, SS Doom 1.0 and Darth Talon will always sell far greater then their original costs because their rare, Now if several companies came out and made Darth Talon then the price on the original would probably drop quit a bit, but since SS version is the only one and the Edition Size wasn't all that big it's gone up in value...
Emma Frost is a strange one. Some list for $500+ others lower. I'm after an Emma Frost, but i see it one of those statues i wouldn't pay more than $300. As 20% import tax + shipping soon bumps up the price. $250 for an Emma Frost, and i'm in.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 12:37 PM   #55
craigcliff1
Zot

I made awesome money on my MR Falcon, Sig. AT AT, Storm Blaster, Han Blaster, Han Elite and few others, so like written some stuff goes up. I didn't have room, can't imagine those get made again, and in that scale. Imagine what EFX would charge for Studio Scale AT AT or Falcon. I should have kept those pieces
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 04:19 PM   #56
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentwinter92 View Post
If a company makes a replacement product for a statue that you have, expect that statue to drop in price when the replacement is better in every way.

On the other hand, even if it isn't better but still a decent alternative, still expect the original statue to drop in price as some of the buyer's demand has been alleviated.

In PCS case, they keep pumping out better SF figures over the years that even the current ones have not sold out. The statue fan base for SF is already over supplied at this point. It's only going to get worse when prime 1 hops on the bandwagon. This example can be applied for any product out there, if companies keep churning out the same product over and over. Sales are only going to get weaker as time progresses. The rate of new buyers entering the game can't keep up with the increase in companies and price hikes.

On the other hand, IPs that have not been done before are all still fair game. Anime stuff by tsume is still selling bullocks well and still command a very nice aftermarket price.

Yeah, PCS kind of went from one extreme to the other really quick. I know the OG Akuma was initially quite cheap and took a while to sell out but the limited numbers and great sculpt keeps him valuable along with the first pieces through Sagat. After Sagat was the turning point imo, they started offering too many variants/exclusives and the ES started adding up too high for the niche market. Then like you mentioned they started doing characters in the same scale when the only year old PO of the same character(Ken) hasn't even came close to shipping yet. I hope they get back to basics maybe one Exclusive and a regular and get the ES down a bit, I think I remember SS's Darkseid having a lower ES than one of PCS's SF statues around the same PO window lol.

Also, the long "sold out" statues coming back with 40% off sales didn't help either.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 05:18 PM   #57
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Emma Frost is a strange one. Some list for $500+ others lower. I'm after an Emma Frost, but i see it one of those statues i wouldn't pay more than $300. As 20% import tax + shipping soon bumps up the price. $250 for an Emma Frost, and i'm in.
People listing it for $500+ are just hoping they find someone who doesn't know any better and will buy it for that price, then you get other people who look and say "Hey he's selling his for $500 so I'll put mine up for $500+ also"... That's why you gotta look in the "Sold" section on Ebay to see what they actually sell for which most of the time is a lot less.

I found what a lot of people do is even if you have it listed as "By Now" only, people will still send you a Ebay PM asking if you'll accept a much lower price. So if you see something you want it doesn't hurt to ask them if they'll accept a lower price. People who have had their statue listed for a few months might accept it.

Speaking of Emma Frost comiquette, I have a AP one I bought in one of SS charity auctions, It's defiantly a cool statue..
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 07:53 PM   #58
waeguk
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

How do i look at sold section of ebay?

Does it show all history or just recent ones?
waeguk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 09:14 PM   #59
dao2
Cyclops

just recent ones, on the left side there's a check box for "completed listings".
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 04:19 AM   #60
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
People listing it for $500+ are just hoping they find someone who doesn't know any better and will buy it for that price, then you get other people who look and say "Hey he's selling his for $500 so I'll put mine up for $500+ also"... That's why you gotta look in the "Sold" section on Ebay to see what they actually sell for which most of the time is a lot less.

I found what a lot of people do is even if you have it listed as "By Now" only, people will still send you a Ebay PM asking if you'll accept a much lower price. So if you see something you want it doesn't hurt to ask them if they'll accept a lower price. People who have had their statue listed for a few months might accept it.

Speaking of Emma Frost comiquette, I have a AP one I bought in one of SS charity auctions, It's defiantly a cool statue..
I was looking at the 1/4 PF. Last week one sold on ebay from a Canadian seller, possibly shop ex display for a good price. Since there is nothing to the base, and the statue looks quite basic compared to some statues $250 - $300 seems about right. Possibly $350 for the EX. I've seen an EX listed for $750
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote