Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Kinetiquettes

Old 12-22-2023, 07:40 PM   #31
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westhelle View Post
I noticed that too, but I like the farer bent tbh. W Kinetiquettes for making the pose actually look better than the original.
Well not a slave to accuracy but it hides her voluptuous figure and her facing down at the ground is kinda meh.

Right now this one does not have the visual impact of the other 2 and this will be all of $1K to get.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2023, 11:25 AM   #32
TifaFan
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westhelle View Post
I noticed that too, but I like the farer bent tbh. W Kinetiquettes for making the pose actually look better than the original.
That's exactly what I thought. The lowered pose is what fills the figure with so much energy. It conveys just how much effort she's exerting to make this attack, her right leg forcefully dug into the ground as her extended left leg shows how far she has stretched out from her original position.

I gladly welcome creative liberty in a figure's sculpt, especially if it enhances the character being portrayed. However, for those who only accept sculpts that are 100% pose-accurate to their in-game portrayal, note that this pose seems to be more closely based on her depiction in KOF XV, shown below.

Not unlike my Sideshow Premium Dejah Thoris, the more I look at this Leona figure, the more absolutely impressed I am with whoever sculpted her. Great stuff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Well not a slave to accuracy but it hides her voluptuous figure and her facing down at the ground is kinda meh.
I couldn't disagree more. It almost feels like we're looking at two completely different statues. Her voluptuous figure is on full display, and the sculptor raised her head from her KOF XV facing-down pose so that she's focused directly on her opponent. She looks awesome!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	KOV XV.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	386.4 KB
ID:	167043   Click image for larger version

Name:	Leona2.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	237.8 KB
ID:	167044  
TifaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2023, 11:05 PM   #33
qz33
Doctor Doom

KOF 15 or not that pose and the statue?s just doesn?t rock me like the sprite
Quote:
Originally Posted by TifaFan View Post

Old 12-28-2023, 07:37 PM   #34
KLSADAKO
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Looking at the sprite she is clearly facing forward, which then begs the question why didnt they sculpt it with her facing forward..
It would solve all the display issues as well as mix n match with Terry and Geese..
KLSADAKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2023, 03:53 AM   #35
Kinetiquettes
Producer
Producer

Hey all. If you notice in the teaser image, she's actually facing forward. The prototype on display was leaning forward (the engineering was not completed) hence it seems she's looking slightly down.
Kinetiquettes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2023, 02:15 PM   #36
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinetiquettes View Post
Hey all. If you notice in the teaser image, she's actually facing forward. The prototype on display was leaning forward (the engineering was not completed) hence it seems she's looking slightly down.
You mean she is supposed to be facing forward like the sprite and looks like in the render? great that'll help a lot.
Old 01-01-2024, 08:15 AM   #37
Famiman
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

The statue has a straight back leg which gives it a more powerful, committed look to the move and IMO looks better than the game.
Famiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2024, 10:58 AM   #38
TifaFan
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinetiquettes View Post
The photos and videos CLEARLY show that she's facing forward, and I don't know why some continue to claim that she's not. The prototype's pose is simply sublime, so please have confidence in your sculptor's magnificent portrayal of this character, and always be cautious not to blindly submit to vocal minorities. If they aren't even paying attention to your preview images, why pay attention to their feedback?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Famiman View Post
The statue has a straight back leg which gives it a more powerful, committed look to the move and IMO looks better than the game.
Absolutely. 100%. The sculptor absolutely nailed her pose.
TifaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2024, 12:41 PM   #39
qz33
Doctor Doom

Or you know maybe actually DO TELL people when a prototype fits incorrectly and will be corrected when people notice something?

The actual company says the display was leaning and seems like she's looking down but those that saw she was looking down are the ones not paying attention? Yeah okay.
Old 01-01-2024, 06:36 PM   #40
Gyro Zeppeli
Zot

It really isn't a good luck when most of the in-hand products have had QC issues and almost all of the prototypes they show have issues too...
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote