The Enchantress

No spoilers in case people still haven't seen it,

I'll just say I liked it. Jack is back.
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 12:54 PM   #22
johnclone
The Enchantress

SPOILER WARNING!!!

a couple of thoughts about the premiere, I was worried going in that the new season wouldn't feel like it was a Samurai Jack episode, that fear was completely dispelled as the episode unfolded, although at first I wondered if I'd been right when Jack rides in on a motorcycle out of Mad Max Fury Road and starts firing machine guns. But then fighting the Sammy Davis Jr sounding robot the kicker is revealed, Jack has lost his sword! Aw crap!

It all made sense then, and I think this one idea works so well to cause the ever optimistic Jack to seemingly lose all hope in the world. Seeing it fall into the chasm, or well, or whatever that was, and knowing it is gone! That one quick flashback bit of video was unreal. The sword was everything to the character, not just a weapon but his entire identity, past, present, and future and we watched it bounce and fall and disappear in about 2 seconds time. I could be wrong but I seem to remember an episode where his sword broke in two, and had to be repaired by some expert swordsmith, but this idea that he could actually lose the sword! Will he get it back? I think he has to at some point, and this is definitely something that I hope the season deals with properly, he either needs a new one or he has to find a way down that chasm and recover his blade. Jack can't find himself if he is using machine guns and wrist gauntlets. If this season is the end of the entire series I'd expect Jack to destroy AKU with his sword once and for all, at last striking that final blow!

It was interesting seeing the development of a major story arc in the birth and training of the cult of young girl assassins, I'm very interested in where that story goes, since they are not robots Jack has to either kill these ladies or win them over to his side! One of these women already seemed to be questioning Aku's dominance so I wouldn't be surprised if Jack gets a female partner or partners this season.

Finally I liked how we did not get to see the big bad man himself, Aku, just yet. I'm sure we're going to see him very soon, maybe even in episode 2. But it was interesting seeing how people talked about him, without actually seeing him. Will he look exactly the same, or has Aku also changed over the years?
Old 03-18-2017, 01:35 PM   #23
johnclone
The Enchantress

excited about a new episode of this tonight

also, something I have been mulling over,
I'm wondering if this season will show Jack killing humans and not just robots.

with the female assassin sect, the young girls sure appeared to kill the older women who were training them as they were climbing on the rocks, but it happened so quickly and I don't think there was even any screaming, they just eliminated them, the trainers fell off the rocks, (appearing to be killed) and then the younger ones moved on.
Old 03-19-2017, 03:11 PM   #24
johnclone
The Enchantress

Wow. What an episode!
Could things get any darker?

The new Aku is great, he's got big big shoes to fill which he never will, but it isn't glaringly obvious that it is a different person doing the voice imo. So that's a real plus. I was impressed how similar he sounded.
Old 03-26-2017, 02:11 PM   #25
johnclone
The Enchantress

Wow again!
"I will give you a new choice, leave now and live, or stay and meet your destiny"
Old 03-26-2017, 02:23 PM   #26
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

https://dotandline.net/samurai-jack-...d34#.qke7zzeml
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 09:03 PM   #27
johnclone
The Enchantress

I guess this guy was busy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yKzgk2gPCk
Old 03-29-2017, 01:13 AM   #28
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Never watched many of the orginal episodes. But I am enjoying this new season. The epsiodes have been very cinematic. The Aku therapist was bit wierd but entertaining.

The only negative is Aku's new voice actor is lacking the gravitas that Mako brought to it. Mako, James Earl Jones and Keith David in my opinion, the coolest sounding voices.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 11:23 AM   #29
johnclone
The Enchantress

Turns out there was no episode this week, instead Cartoon Network showed something else as an "April Fools" prank. This may actually be good for the series though, because it gives the creators another full week to tweak something in the episodes they are still working on, so I'm not complaining. Even though that was a dickish move by CN.
Old 04-02-2017, 01:10 PM   #30
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnclone View Post
Turns out there was no episode this week, instead Cartoon Network showed something else as an "April Fools" prank. This may actually be good for the series though, because it gives the creators another full week to tweak something in the episodes they are still working on, so I'm not complaining. Even though that was a dickish move by CN.
I guess you're not a fan of Rick and Morty. They played the Season 3 premiere of Rick and Morty all Adult Swim. I guess as part prank and part promotion. This is nothing new from the Adult Swim folks.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote