Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 03-20-2017, 02:17 AM   #351
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

It wasn't much of an episode. Ezra is nothing more than a plot device for Maul to find Kenobi, then end of epeisode. Not much happens until the end.

I wish Rebels would stop inventing new Force related stuff. Force telepathy via holocrons, what the hell? Yoda can do long distance Force telepathy? Etc
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 01:02 PM   #352
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
I know a lot of people are talking about how cool or "clever" it was for Kenobi to change to chances but that doesn't justify the build up for this epic confrontation only to not deliver in some entertaining or dramatic capacity. This was a moment so many Star Wars fans could only dream of and this is the best they could come up with? Really, really disappointed with Filoni on this one.
I think that most of the blame goes to the show runners for overhyping this confrontation, but I guess I can't blame them, that's how it works in TV.

For me, I blame myself for getting overhyped for this confrontation because I think I should have know better.

Spoiler
For starters I already knew Kenobi would emerge unscathed from this confrontation. Secondly, and regardless of knowing the outcome, this is the third fight between the two, (Maul even had help from his brother Savage in the second) and he has been beaten both times. Thirdly, at his age and only a year or two out from his fight with Vader, why would I expect a dynamic fight between Obi-Wan at his physically weakest and Maul at his mentally weakest point? I honestly never gave any thought to these things until I started to reconcile how it went down with how I thought it was going to go down. I have now also watched Rebels Recon and read about the decisions made about this episode. With all of this in mind, it makes sense to me and feels right for the characters. That's just my opinion though, and I know this will be a very divisive episode for fans.

Now that I got my thoughts about the fight out in SPOILERS. I'll say that the original plan was to have Maul fight Vader in last season's finale right before the fight with Asokah, according to Filoni. I think I would have preferred to see that fight go down instead of a third fight between these two.

In the end it is what it is and I'm looking forward to seeing what the season finale brings this weekend.

Oh, and one last thing, Ezra has gotten on my last damn nerve. Someone needs to give him the lightsaber treatment, Han Solo style.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 05:32 PM   #353
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Watched the episode last night and was shocked at how things went down. Not at all what I was expecting and to be honest I feel it was a wasted opportunity. I'd rather have seen no confrontation and have Maul Vs Kenobi reserved for a standalone feature film. It would've done the character of Maul so much more justice.

As glad as I was to see Maul return in the CW and Rebels animated series, I haven't been very happy where Feloni and Co. took him. Far to erratic and unstable. One of the things I loved most about the character in TPM was his focused/pensive demeanor. I get that those traits don't necessarily work with the narrative they spun but I was hopeful he might come full circle and regain some stability in the end.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote