Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 03-07-2017, 11:25 PM   #21
BillC
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post

I am now focusing on panel pages from stories I love and also comics that I am currently reading. This approach has definitely rejuvenated my interest in collecting again. I can get great art that I love without breaking the bank.
I understand that covers, splashes, and DPS that are more representative of a series, and more stand alone pieces, are most desirable- but I have always been more attracted to the stories and specific pages I remember as a kid. Those pages that I looked over hundreds of times. Many times pages that had important advancements in the story (and tell more story in general).
BillC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 09:16 AM   #22
Pyrotwilight
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeGiant View Post
Ken probably bought it - he's buying up all the panel pages out there
Honestly, I'm half expecting that's true. That's why I posted it here. XD

Shame too. I held off on it to try for a piece or two on Comiclink. Alas those didn't pan out either.
Pyrotwilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 01:59 PM   #23
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

I've always purchased panel pages since I like artwork for its visual appeal as much as it's meaning to a story line. My purchasing over the past few years has definitely gone down and I've actually taken advantage of the market (especially for the pieces I've collected over the years) and sold or traded a good number of pieces from my collection.

A number of pages I've gotten rid of have been put up for sale by their new owners (which I knew would be the case), so it's interesting to see what they go for on the open market (all of my sales or trades were private). Some go for more, some go for the same, some go for less. There's really no rhyme or reason to any of it at this point.

I'm hoping for a huge art crash at some point so I can re-buy all of my stuff on the cheap, LOL.
galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 02:10 PM   #24
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by galactus View Post
I've always purchased panel pages since I like artwork for its visual appeal as much as it's meaning to a story line. My purchasing over the past few years has definitely gone down and I've actually taken advantage of the market (especially for the pieces I've collected over the years) and sold or traded a good number of pieces from my collection.

A number of pages I've gotten rid of have been put up for sale by their new owners (which I knew would be the case), so it's interesting to see what they go for on the open market (all of my sales or trades were private). Some go for more, some go for the same, some go for less. There's really no rhyme or reason to any of it at this point.

I'm hoping for a huge art crash at some point so I can re-buy all of my stuff on the cheap, LOL
You and me both! Except not what I sold off ... what I missed out on

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 03:07 PM   #25
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeGiant View Post
You and me both! Except not what I sold off ... what I missed out on
Well, that goes without saying
galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 03:10 PM   #26
JadeGiant
Super Moderator

Quote:
Well, that goes without saying
I am just happy to be a recipient of the Galactus private sales event. That's one page that you won't see back on the market.

CAF
Old 03-08-2017, 03:38 PM   #27
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:

I'm hoping for a huge art crash at some point so I can re-buy all of my stuff on the cheap, LOL.
What is taking this so long???

I think we need to wait for the handful of main dealers to retire since they do not appear to be in any rush to lower prices!
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 03:54 PM   #28
JadeGiant
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post

I think we need to wait for the handful of main dealers to retire since they do not appear to be in any rush to lower prices!
I don't see it happening any time soon ... unfortunately

CAF
Old 03-08-2017, 06:28 PM   #29
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Quote:

We are not getting any younger. I want that crash now.

There are so many collectors that just don't hold on to art very long. I see pieces marked as grails and then sold a few months later. My definition of grail is a little different I guess.

Last edited by MONSTER; 03-08-2017 at 06:31 PM.
MONSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 06:44 PM   #30
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
We are not getting any younger. I want that crash now.

There are so many collectors that just don't hold on to art very long. I see pieces marked as grails and then sold a few months later. My definition of grail is a little different I guess.

I can think of quite a few pieces I would love to see up for sale......
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote