Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 12-28-2023, 02:23 PM   #131
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Oh and that's exaggeration. I have 2 Skeletor busts and I track what Sideshow does with the discount. They've had free shipping OR 25% not both at the same time and no bigger discount.
Also, Sideshow is still profiting when they discount a piece 25%. Same is true of almost everything they discount.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2023, 02:28 PM   #132
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantisatdawn View Post
Well I mean of course I hope tweeterhead sells every single one of them, their a great company and I wish them total success, but I think your focused on the portrait, and yes I'm sure some people dont like it, but I see other people not liking it for different reasons, such as his sword not having the iconic look, again I'm collecting the line because it's different from the toy line ( which I'm also collecting) and do not want He man to look exactly like the back of the figure art, I have Teela & Mer man, and while you do know who the characters are of course, they dont look like the action figures I have, I dont get a high school year book vibe at all from that portrait of He man
Again, I hope when the statue of He man is made they offer swap outs, i mean heck, its He man, maybe they offer 3 portraits, I'm always willing to pay extra for extra portraits, maybe they do a classic, a modern and more angry in battle style portrait, or maybe they do a Variant battle armour He man with the more angry battle ready portraits
When I say HS yearbook I mean his expression is posing for a headshot. Human busts need expressions like Akuma or a Venom or CoSig's Wolverine or Batman Who Laughs.
The BattleCat He-Man has a great expression, stern determination.

And it isn't just the face they shrunk his muscles! He-Man is less ripped/smaller than Skele! NO!
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2023, 02:29 PM   #133
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Also, Sideshow is still profiting when they discount a piece 25%. Same is true of almost everything they discount.
Nearmint, my only question is do like this He man portrait? I dont think it's the main reason for low sales, I think their are several factors
Atlantisatdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2023, 02:34 PM   #134
Atlantisatdawn

Quote:
When I say HS yearbook I mean his expression is posing for a headshot. Human busts need expressions like Akuma or a Venom or CoSig's Wolverine or Batman Who Laughs.
The BattleCat He-Man has a great expression, stern determination.

And it isn't just the face they shrunk his muscles! He-Man is less ripped/smaller than Skele! NO!
I see what your saying, maybe it should have had more expression, since it is a bust, but I love the style of the portrait, I dont want a big blocky Cave man looking He man, not in this line, but I respect your opinion, and glad other people are passionate about MOTU
Old 12-28-2023, 02:35 PM   #135
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Nearmint, my only question is do like this He man portrait? I dont think it's the main reason for low sales, I think their are several factors
Villains sell better? I really don't know why He-Man's ES is so much lower. He looked really good at Monsterpalooza.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2023, 02:38 PM   #136
Atlantisatdawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Villains sell better? I really don't know why He-Man's ES is so much lower. He looked really good at Monsterpalooza.
Oh yes agreed, the bad guys are more fun, and that's cool, I would have loved to been there in person to see that stuff
Old 12-28-2023, 03:32 PM   #137
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
I see what your saying, maybe it should have had more expression, since it is a bust, but I love the style of the portrait, I dont want a big blocky Cave man looking He man, not in this line, but I respect your opinion, and glad other people are passionate about MOTU
I don't think we're too far off. I think this could work as a statue but less so as a bust. Busts are already at a disadvantage so to go with an new untested design for a bust is really stacking the deck against it.
Old 12-28-2023, 05:37 PM   #138
Atlantisatdawn

even if this didn't work out for them completely,
I think MOTU still has a bright future ahead, and can't wait to see what else they got coming!
Quote:
I don't think we're too far off. I think this could work as a statue but less so as a bust. Busts are already at a disadvantage so to go with an new untested design for a bust is really stacking the deck against it.
Old 12-28-2023, 05:48 PM   #139
qz33
Doctor Doom

And really if you're gonna go with anew look for He-Man the best test isn't doing a bust first. If they used the same design for a statue and it goes over well then likely more would be interested in a matching bust. Just how collector's minds work.
Old 02-29-2024, 10:52 PM   #140
craigcliff1
Zot

I think this piece is SUPER AWESOME
Not a Fan pf 80s He-Man look.
Love the Cartoon, but not He-,man look
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote