Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > News and Updates > CKinSD Conventions

Old 10-09-2014, 03:54 PM   #1
TheYoungWolf
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

NYCC Exclusives

Hey guys, initially I was just going to post my own individual thread, but figured I'd make a similar one to the SDCC thread we had going. Should any other non-attendee find that they'd like to ask potential attendees about certain Con-exclusives, this can be the place to do so.

Thanks a ton in advance; have a great time at the Con! Be safe.
TheYoungWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 06:11 PM   #2
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Never watched Korra, but those prints are fantastic.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 07:03 PM   #3
TheStig88
The X-Men

Hate to piggyback, but if someone picks up more than one I would love, love, love a copy of that first print myself. Absolutely gorgeous. Please fire me a PM if you do! YoungWolf first, of course.
TheStig88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 08:06 PM   #4
TheYoungWolf
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

No worries Stig, this thread's fair game to everyone!

Forgot to ask, any luck tracking down the Fine Art print from last years SDCC? Last few I've seen on eBay were up for obscene prices.
Old 10-09-2014, 08:21 PM   #5
TheStig88
The X-Men

Nah, still on the hunt! There's one sitting at $150 on eBay, but it looks rather bent/warped in the photo. Not sure I want to risk it, and I got no reply from the seller when I asked for some better photos. I'll find one sooner or later though, yes I will.

You want obscene though, there's the Korra & Naga print from SDCC 2011 on there right now for 1k BIN. Stunning print though.
Old 10-09-2014, 09:16 PM   #6
TheYoungWolf

That's a bummer; I just looked it up. Tough to say if it's bad picture taking or actually warped. Regardless, for almost triple the original price, I probably wouldn't take the risk either without a proper response. I hope the best for your search, though! That print is one of, if not my absolute favorite in my collection.

I know which one you're talking about. That's my go-to shop for the cheaper, unnumbered Korra/Avatar posters.. As bad as I want that print of Korra and Naga, there's no way in hell I'd entertain that asking price.
Old 10-10-2014, 04:25 PM   #7
IG-64
Justice League

Hey all, please PM me if you are attending and willing/able to get a Rocket Raccoon plush from the Marvel booth. I actually attended and got one yesterday, but someone snatched it right out of my shoulder bag as I was leaving. It would be greatly appreciated.
IG-64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 05:13 PM   #8
Medusoid
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IG-64 View Post
Hey all, please PM me if you are attending and willing/able to get a Rocket Raccoon plush from the Marvel booth. I actually attended and got one yesterday, but someone snatched it right out of my shoulder bag as I was leaving. It would be greatly appreciated.
That's terrible, I hope you are able to get another one.
Medusoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 06:29 PM   #9
Pyrotwilight
U talkin' to me?

I tried taking a look for the posters but the Dark Horse/ Korra booth apparently doesn't have or doesn't sell them.

If possible I'll check the plushy tomorrow.
Pyrotwilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 01:04 PM   #10
TheStig88
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheYoungWolf View Post
As bad as I want that print of Korra and Naga, there's no way in hell I'd entertain that asking price.
And somebody bought it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrotwilight
I tried taking a look for the posters but the Dark Horse/ Korra booth apparently doesn't have or doesn't sell them.

If possible I'll check the plushy tomorrow.
Yeah, not sure if they're actually official since you say that. GIS got me to the artists page on society6 where you can buy them outright, which I will be doing here soon. Was quite happy with my previous purchases from them.