Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 08-26-2014, 02:58 PM   #1131
built2shred
Phoenix

I would probably agree with you more if GG made us pay a deposit up front and then took this long, but since were not out anything and their is no NRD to punish us with if we cancel I'm not overly concerned with how long it's taking..

Now if GG makes me wait this long and they pull a SS by delivering pieces that don't come close to the prototype then I'll probably be in here ranting some
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 03:04 PM   #1132
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
If you don't like how GG is handling the line I'd recommend just taking your business elsewhere. And if you do (which I fault no one for doing) it doesn't make any sense to keep commenting in a thread beating the issue like a dead horse especially when you no longer have anything invested. At that point all you're doing is taking away from the enjoyment others may get by coming here to discuss the product.

Keep in kind... while the wait sucks not every collector is really bothered by it, myself included. I'd rather wait longer for a pristine product than get something sooner rife with QC issues. Based on what I have seen first hand with the Whisper variant if the rest of the line turns out as good I will gladly wait.
Firstly, what "discussion"? Your point hints at me derailing a perfectly positive debate, filled with excited glee, about an upcoming product.....in actual fact the debate seems to run like: no posts for days, someone comes in and moans about lack of ES and delayed shipping, someone else comes in and says they're happy to wait, no posts for days......rinse spin, go round again....to be honest, given the lack of engagement from GG on this, if it weren't for these rants the thread would be dead and buried.

Secondly, is this really about QC? I don't think anyone has any real concerns about GG putting out a quality product (eventually), in my case, the " issue" is the lack of any real news or developments for the line.

But you're the Mod, if you say I'm polluting this otherwise frenetic and exciting environment with my "baseless negativity", I guess I'd better move on and stop preventing you guys from enjoying the product...
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 03:38 PM   #1133
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Gimme a break. You're nonstop rants over your displeasure with GG and this line in particular has run it's course. You've made your points, yet you continue to drive them home at every opportunity. Now that you have zero investment in this line move on. I don't care if the discussion is near non-existant outside of the complaining, that doesn't mean I or anyone else for that matter wants to keep reading the rants.

And yeah it is about QC. Not necessarily concerns but having patience knowing that in the end a superior product will be delivered. I've waited years for product from other companies as well only to receive defective poorly executed merchandise. I'm not necessarily concerned that will be the case with the HT girls based on my experience and that piece of mind makes the wait more tolerable for a lot of us.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 09:35 PM   #1134
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme
Honestly, I don't mind the wait one bit. With the other companies held up and then suddenly shipping by the truckloads, I'm all tapped out. PCS has me pinned with 6 ninjas shipping almost simultaneously. They can take 2 years for all I care if they can guarantee a stellar piece.
derekrodneysim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 01:59 AM   #1135
cpluse2
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

You know what! I’m not the type to be quit when I know i restarted this touchy thread with my comment. To be honest I agree with all the statements that have been said here today.

But be honest GG could of just said " Don't worry, HT girls are still on the way and the wait will be worth it"

Or come out and say there was a delay in production so please bear with us..

But silence come on... Wait Wait let me finish before you

For some the delay is fine. They have statues on the way. This will help with the HT statues being delayed. I will admit my frustration is because after getting my Sucker Punch samurai. I was all for GG HT. I love my statue.

But i guess i was spoiled with SS and ARH, on going updates with there statues. built2shred-sorry you had to deal with the headache with SS. But i read your post and Hellboy threads all the time. Both your input is always helpful. You both are no rookies in the statue world. But built2shred this is my first time reading about your issue with SS. Well I admit i didn’t follow the Superman thread also. So reading your comment on how upset you were. Some of us feel the same way about GG HT. Because for some of us these were the only statues we had on order. Yes there’s a difference “NRD”. But at the same time. Some of us do not have 10 to 15 in the pipeline. This is not a rant, but I think both side should be able to voice there happiness and frustration so GG knows how there fans feel. Because if it was not for us buying there statues, there would not be a company to talk about. I really wanted Katya but after the web site went down plus no updates except on going delays. I had to step aside. I was mad because of my excitement. I just feel some were let down, in the long run. Even sellers and store are thinking twice also. How many order do you think were canceled because of this delay. That money lost for them also.

Who knows i may see pics and get Katya. But I understand both side of the coin… Even thou SS has it problems.. I never heard of any company not updating there customer about status they push so hard and just now you rarely hear nothing about the line. They so have there update thread. But this is not a explanation. Look at XM… There not a big company like SS. But there really are doing a good job on how there selling there product. We live in a computer age were information is key. I just feel GG has been lack there of with there HT line.

I hope in the end we get to see these amazing statues. So let all have a , and lets enjoy the other statues that will be in our homes soon...
cpluse2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 11:41 AM   #1136
built2shred
Phoenix

I can see your point about being really excited about getting a statue and then you don't hear anything for several months.. It's no fun to be hyped and then disappointed when they don't come through on their time tables...

That said I don't think in the last 2-3 years I have gotten a statue from SS that wasn't delayed 3-4 times... I've had one Flex Payment left on the Man of Steel statue for the last 4 months because they keep delaying it. So yeah I get the frustration, but it is more frustrating when your putting money out there and they keep delaying it..

I agree that GG could do a lot better job at communicating with it's customers it's something that GG and SS are horrible at IMO. I think XM is a great company and they do have a lot of communication with their customer base, but it's also a company ran by artists where as GG and SS are ran by suits who only care about how much profit they can make. To these guys customer service takes a back seat.

Hopefully XM never becomes like that....
Old 08-27-2014, 01:18 PM   #1137
cpluse2
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I can see your point about being really excited about getting a statue and then you don't hear anything for several months.. It's no fun to be hyped and then disappointed when they don't come through on their time tables...

That said I don't think in the last 2-3 years I have gotten a statue from SS that wasn't delayed 3-4 times... I've had one Flex Payment left on the Man of Steel statue for the last 4 months because they keep delaying it. So yeah I get the frustration, but it is more frustrating when your putting money out there and they keep delaying it..

I agree that GG could do a lot better job at communicating with it's customers it's something that GG and SS are horrible at IMO. I think XM is a great company and they do have a lot of communication with their customer base, but it's also a company ran by artists where as GG and SS are ran by suits who only care about how much profit they can make. To these guys customer service takes a back seat.

Hopefully XM never becomes like that....
cpluse2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 07:31 PM   #1138
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

I'm surprised in this day and age with the immediacy of the internet that companies are still not in touch with the factories (I understand China firewall issues but should this be a real hindrance). This is not a rip on GG as most of the collectible companies, to some extent, dealing with Chinese factories have frequent slips to schedule, often poor frequency updates and bad projections.

One would think if you are paying a factory to produce a product for you, that you would know where it is in the production queue with other products. And if it is in production, a more accurate completion date should be known. I'm curious if the Chinese factories have a take it or leave attitude with respect to projected production completion dates. Are the factories so out of touch or is the oversight of collectible companies to lax?

I understand that there are always variables, weather, supply chain issues, labor shortages, etc. that can affect the project date. But why factories and the collectibles companies cannot provide monthly update to delivery projects. And something better than what quarter. At point it sounds more like a guess than a projection based on any reality.

I've around this hobby long enough to see that factory delays seem to be a bigger contributor to schedule slippage (months) than shipping or customs delays (weeks). I'm just curious as to what's going on. And are these companies having issues getting the factories to delivery to any committed schedules? Do seasonal products (Christmas ornaments, etc.) take priority? I wish I had more insight into this process as I am really curious how it works and what are the root causes for delays.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 11:57 PM   #1139
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I would like to know as well. It will be a year + since pre-ordering for most. I mentioned my concerns many times. We can only trust GG at this point.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 12:39 AM   #1140
built2shred
Phoenix

Blah, just got a email tonight from SS, Man of Steel PF is delayed yet another month

So yeah, delays are not just a GG issue...