Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 11-07-2019, 07:00 PM   #431
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

I have one on order but I can’t see it getting to the uk for at least another month
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 12:55 AM   #432
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Haven't had a chance to open mine yet, and the arm connection issues have me a bit concerned.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 05:50 AM   #433
cratercritter
The Spirit

The problematic fit of the arms to the shoulder; I wonder if it could be an easy self fix with a bit of sand paper or a small power grinder (e.g. Dremel)....bit by bit so that it eventually fits nicely into the shoulder socket.
cratercritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 08:59 AM   #434
sogonoraa
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Could anyone tell me the dimensions of the shipping carton?
sogonoraa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 11:21 AM   #435
cratercritter
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by sogonoraa View Post
Could anyone tell me the dimensions of the shipping carton?
Shipping Carton (outer brown box) is:

36 inches tall X 27 inches X 28.5 inches

I got this from one of the Youtube video reviews of this statue.
cratercritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 12:50 PM   #436
sogonoraa
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Thanks!!
sogonoraa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 12:14 AM   #437
BillyCurly
Dreams of Youth are the Regrets of Maturity
Adamantium Plus Member

Wow with the paint job and the shoulder fitting and multiple other complaints, I sure am glad I cancelled mine.
BillyCurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 09:42 AM   #438
clutch
Sailor Moon

What other multiple complaints, mudslinger, I mean billycurly?
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 05:04 PM   #439
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Paint job looks fine to me, and watching rafs unboxing vid his arms fit in fine so it's not a universal 'problem' I'm not sure what the other multiple complaints are either? Not heard of any other problems
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 09:48 PM   #440
BillyCurly
Dreams of Youth are the Regrets of Maturity
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch View Post
What other multiple complaints, mudslinger, I mean billycurly?

OK, Stop with the dam name calling and implying im some troll or something, IT is NOT called for, instead of the lifesize collector of all things silicone mostly and some exceptional polystone pieces for over 20 years. People who know me know that the collection I have should almost be put into a museum.

My comments are from my personal opinion, and alot of other fans that have been complaining that the arms are a big problem and most are having trouble getting the arms and seems in all the way so it doesnt look like a seem. This seams to be a more common problem than not. Ive read it several times on here and other boards. Second, the paint job overall is good, but the harsh bright yellow is a stand out and looks horrible compared to how it is suppose to look. I can see alot of fans having it touch up to the proper color, less bright themselves if they know how or by getting guys like Raph to do it.

Other complaints are small but still complaints about the base and the screen saver and the feet of gizmo looking to clean or not stubbled enough. Again, petty complaints, but complaint none the less.

Than a bunch of people have complained abou the teeth and tongue insert saying they feel it looks bland and not detailed enough Teeth need to be more sharp or aggressive. Some like the split tongue others dont, but mostly fans are complaining again about the paint job being not very contrasting and giving a less imposing look. These are NOT my complaints, just others that Ive read.

Typically, ELITES paintjobs are above , way above what other companies put out, but this one statue seems lackluster to alot of fans. And I have to agree, when all said and done after shipping and imports, for 3 grand, it should be perfect for a polystone statue. Its not like Elite mass produces anything, mostly they end the orders and dont make the full initial edition size when there pre order closes.

I think the sculpt it self is perfect, Wang did it, so you cant get any better, but wang vs factory end product is two different items, even if ELITES factory is better than most other companies. Usually there is little or almost no complaints about anything Elite makes, but there just seems to be to many people complaining, so I am simply glad I cancelled mine, as I will just have a custom ONE OFF made and painted way better and more glossy and slimy than this and adjustable to what ever pose I like.

Why do you have to name call me just because after reading so many complaints. Most are OVERALL happy, but not completely happy due to some of these EASILY fixable problems, that the factory could of made sure of, but didnt, so you either live with it or you pay to have it fixed which IMO, puts this past what its worth.

I have a gizmo/gremlin melted companion piece that sold out if anyone is interested. Ill let it go for the same price I paid, minus the border and higher shipping an taxes I paid. After comparing it to my custom G2 Gizmo that Senft made, there is no comparision imo. Its dam perfect and only a hand ful were made. SO I perfer customs over factory pieces. I was really hoping for these to turn out great, and for the most part they are, but for the money, I was expecting a little more and was not expecting much complaints. Just read on this forum or sideshow freaks and you will see alot for an Elite piece.

Im pickier than most, with the lifesize collection I have, so when other people that are not as picky as I am are complaining, in the end, FOR ME, I made the right decision. If anyone wants a long sold out Gizmo, I have it brand new, it was displayed for about a week and then put back into box with still having original boxes. I will sell it to someone here for what I paid if your looking for a deal.

But IM NO TROLL, and people that know me personally, know what I collect and and know I dont complain for no reason. To the mass collector, its fine, except if the arms are not going all the way in, that would bug ANYONE. Its a great piece, its just more people complained about this piece than an other piece by ELITE I think ever. Peace.

If you got a good piece and the little things dont bother you, than congrats, its a nice piece. Just seems that QC could have been a little bit better on this ONE piece.
BillyCurly is offline   Reply With Quote