Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 02-03-2017, 06:41 PM   #211
Mr. Machismo
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I've literally received maybe ~50 e-mails promising a delivery date; none of which have materialized. I also was told I'd receive it at a con in a couple weeks. That was about 16 months ago.
Mr. Machismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 07:52 PM   #212
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeGiant View Post
Exactly! That’s why I am saying that complaining about getting screwed on a deal by Jae after reading this thread will not gain any sympathy from me. SMH
I agree 100%. Honestly, I'll be disappointed if they don't get screwed over. They are asking for it.

I feel bad for the ones that didn't know what they were getting into. These guys know full well that people are still owed commissions and still signing up for one for themselves?! I don't get it.

Last edited by MONSTER; 02-03-2017 at 07:54 PM.
MONSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 05:01 PM   #213
Mfinn123
Hydra

Hi all,

I know Jae just completed one for Andy Lim. I have asked Jae how is coming along and I know he is working on them. If folks want refunds, I believe he is happy to do that. If not, if you let me know, who you are and what you asked for, I will check in with Jae and see. As I said, I am not the OP but happy to see how things are coming.
Mfinn123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 05:23 PM   #214
Henbone
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfinn123 View Post
Hi all,

I know Jae just completed one for Andy Lim. I have asked Jae how is coming along and I know he is working on them. If folks want refunds, I believe he is happy to do that. If not, if you let me know, who you are and what you asked for, I will check in with Jae and see. As I said, I am not the OP but happy to see how things are coming.
Jae needs a status page. 'You're currently ___ in line'

I feel like I'm at a virtual deli counter now serving '8' and my number is three digits long. I'm about to hit the 1 year anniversary of this commission (paper?).

In any case, I can handle a long wait... I just hate waiting indefinitely. I wish he would have been upfront about his commitments when he took the commission. It hurts all the more having seen the layout and how ridiculously awesome it looked!
Henbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 07:05 PM   #215
punisher129
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Has anyone tried contacting Jae on social media? Like IG or FB?
punisher129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 10:29 PM   #216
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

bwhabhwhahahahahahaha... People are still buying...WTF????
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 10:32 PM   #217
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77 View Post
bwhabhwhahahahahahaha... People are still buying...WTF????
A fool and his money......
MONSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 01:45 PM   #218
Punisher1919
Death is hereditary.

This is really an odd situation for a few different reasons; Jae is typically really responsive and pleasant in his dealings and when he misses a deadline, he doesn't make a ton of excuses (or at least hasn't in my dealings), he takes the blame and apologizes. He's also offered up refunds at any point in the process, which I know a lot of people have taken him up on.

I'm with henbone on the indefinite wait thing. That's probably the most frustrating part....along with seeing the layout and seeing the progress which has all been phenomenal..its just that not knowing if its going to be done in 6 months or 3 years is really frustrating.

I'm in the camp that didn't take the refund, because I'm hopeful that the art will be completed soon, and from what I've seen, the quality on the piece is remarkable.

And from the standpoint of newcomers to the list, Jae does seem to work quickly on convention sketches and sketch covers. As someone that's been on the list for a big piece for a while now, it's frustrating that these pieces are being prioritized ahead of mine, despite being on the list much longer, but in fairness to Jae, he has been honest about those pieces in that they are simpler for him to do and the larger scale pieces require so much more time and effort that he can't simply bring them to a show to complete. Not saying this isn't frustrating or that it's right, but just trying to provide some additional insight to everone on the list (new and old)

Not trying to take sides either way, just wanted to share some more info on the situation. Insanely frustrating for the collector, but Jae is responsive and is willing to offer refunds...which is still frustrating for those of us on the list for 1,2,3+ years as some of us prefer the art despite the long wait times.

Jae has agreed upon a completion date for my piece, and I'm hopeful that it's completed by then, but I'm not overly confident. He does appear to be making some progress on the list....but I think he has a long way to go.
Punisher1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 12:41 PM   #219
carlito1978
Hellfire Club

the jae lee commission opportunity may go down in the history of commissions as the most bumbled opportunity by a major artist ever.
carlito1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 01:17 PM   #220
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher1919 View Post
This is really an odd situation for a few different reasons; Jae is typically really responsive and pleasant in his dealings and when he misses a deadline, he doesn't make a ton of excuses (or at least hasn't in my dealings), he takes the blame and apologizes. He's also offered up refunds at any point in the process, which I know a lot of people have taken him up on.

I'm with henbone on the indefinite wait thing. That's probably the most frustrating part....along with seeing the layout and seeing the progress which has all been phenomenal..its just that not knowing if its going to be done in 6 months or 3 years is really frustrating.

I'm in the camp that didn't take the refund, because I'm hopeful that the art will be completed soon, and from what I've seen, the quality on the piece is remarkable.

And from the standpoint of newcomers to the list, Jae does seem to work quickly on convention sketches and sketch covers. As someone that's been on the list for a big piece for a while now, it's frustrating that these pieces are being prioritized ahead of mine, despite being on the list much longer, but in fairness to Jae, he has been honest about those pieces in that they are simpler for him to do and the larger scale pieces require so much more time and effort that he can't simply bring them to a show to complete. Not saying this isn't frustrating or that it's right, but just trying to provide some additional insight to everone on the list (new and old)

Not trying to take sides either way, just wanted to share some more info on the situation. Insanely frustrating for the collector, but Jae is responsive and is willing to offer refunds...which is still frustrating for those of us on the list for 1,2,3+ years as some of us prefer the art despite the long wait times.

Jae has agreed upon a completion date for my piece, and I'm hopeful that it's completed by then, but I'm not overly confident. He does appear to be making some progress on the list....but I think he has a long way to go.
I hear what you are saying and respect your opinion but, for me, this entire situation jumped the shark a long time ago. Jae sounds like he is a genuinely nice person but unfortunately that does not equate to being a good business person. Anyone willing to commission him at this point is either a fool or VERY willing for Jae to take your money up front for a wait that will be years long. Unfortunately, this is not what most people understand when entering into an agreement with Jae. I am just glad I am not a huge fan of his art and it is easy to avoid a commission from him.

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote