Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Home Grown > Painter's Pit Stop

Old 10-08-2010, 01:24 PM   #1
Riekko
Doh!

Vallejo game acryllic

Hi all

I have been surfing the site for a while and admiring some truly fantastic art work, seriously great work guys. This has inspired me to have more of a serious attempt at kits myself.

I have some 1/6 kits on order and have in the past used FW acrylic with good results, however after reading some threads here I was pondering buying a set of Vallejo Game Color paints off of ebay and was wondering if any one could give me feed back on this paint especially used with an airbrush. I have just purchased a H&S Evolution 2 in 1.

I already have a set of liquitex tubes which I use with brush, is it practical to add a medium to these for spraying, or would the Vallejo be the better choice?

As a Sorayama fan I bought some 1/4 kits and recently finished the Sexy Commando using car spray, acryllic and enamel. It is a recast kit and took a lot of work to get it to a suitable standard for spraying, and I think I have learnt many lessons in getting her to a finish I am happy with.

Anyway I would appreciate any help on thinning and spraying these acryllics and what to look out for as tips ( i tended to get splatter with the FW inks and an old DeVilbis Sprite Major airbrush). Where I bought the new airbrush they had Pro colour paints - very expensive for a set... But thy are used straight fom the pot - I would imagine pre thinned and ready for spraying is way easier than trying to get right yourself?

Riekko
Riekko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 07:31 PM   #2
Voshizle@gmail.
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

We don't take kindly to folks who support recasters 'round here.
Voshizle@gmail. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 09:53 AM   #3
Riekko
Doh!

Firstly, I don't 'support' recasters. When I bought those first kits from ebay I didn't even know what a recast kit was.

As I said - I learnt many lessons on these kits and I now pay more for an original that doesn't need the hours of extra work needed to get to an acceptable finish.

I asked some reasonable questions as a newbie and welcomed education in this hobby, but if I'm going to be blacklisted before I you know anything about me then go to hell!
Riekko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 11:54 AM   #4
DarkKni9hT
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riekko View Post
Firstly, I don't 'support' recasters. When I bought those first kits from ebay I didn't even know what a recast kit was.

As I said - I learnt many lessons on these kits and I now pay more for an original that doesn't need the hours of extra work needed to get to an acceptable finish.

I asked some reasonable questions as a newbie and welcomed education in this hobby, but if I'm going to be blacklisted before I you know anything about me then go to hell!
Well now we know a little something about you. You'll go far around here with that attitude.
V's reply was legit. Recasters are frowned upon very darkly here. You should have stated that you were unaware of it in your original post or, failing that, not replied to a legitimate comment with a pissy comment. It looks bad on you to start a scrap with your second ever post here, the first one openly stating that you have a number of recast kits. Do some research before you buy and shut your trap when you're called on a foul. Otherwise you'll just blacklist yourself.
DarkKni9hT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 05:48 PM   #5
Voshizle@gmail.
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

As the ever wise Willy Wonka once said, "You lose! You get nothing! GOOD DAY SIR!"
Voshizle@gmail. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 09:32 PM   #6
Yogie Bear
Doh!

I'll help out a beginner.

I believe the Model colours are better than the games one but I'm sure Vallejo make paint especially for airbrushes.

Check their website.

For quality purposes. Yes their paints are very high quality
Yogie Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 05:04 AM   #7
johnclone
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voshizle@gmail. View Post
As the ever wise Willy Wonka once said, "You lose! You get nothing! GOOD DAY SIR!"

Nothing personal Riekko, I just really like Willy Wonka.
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote