Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Giclees/Lithos/Prints/Posters

Old 02-15-2017, 03:22 AM   #1881
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by RELStuart View Post
Thanks.

That Jock All-Star Batman print is really nice.
Thanks
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 05:32 AM   #1882
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyrocket786 View Post
It's pretty nice. Reminds of the theater one sheet posters I use to collect.

The only issues I had with this one.
-The cuts on each side don't appear to be very clean/precise

-I have a small, crease at the bottom of the poster.
I have crease as well , he packed it poorly. Awesome print thoigh.
Old 02-15-2017, 07:49 PM   #1883
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyrocket786 View Post
Well this is effin embarrassing ,can't believe this forum myself included completely missed this.

That Batman is a direct photoshop edit of the Sideshow 1989 Batman Premium format. And that Joker is a photoshop edit of the Hot toys Joker.

Look at Batman's cape around his chest. It's a direct frikkin copy.

I messaged the artist and confronted him about it and this was his response.

"What a shock that an artist uses reference. Ever hear of anatomy class, where they have models come in? Ever see any of the photos famous pin up artists use as reference for their art? Everything starts from something. Not sure what you expected but return the print and when it arrives, you'll receive your refund."

He asked me to send it back to him for a full refund
Old 02-15-2017, 10:10 PM   #1884
Luminous
Cyclops

While I understand where you're coming from it's still a cool looking poster, right? I mean that's still some impressive photoshoping and composition isn't something that comes easy to a lot of artists. The positioning of the two characters, the car and the billing block makes for legit looking cinema poster.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 12:38 AM   #1885
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
While I understand where you're coming from it's still a cool looking poster, right? I mean that's still some impressive photoshoping and composition isn't something that comes easy to a lot of artists. The positioning of the two characters, the car and the billing block makes for legit looking cinema poster.
I am not going to lie that poster does look cool but for what I paid I expected more, all the art prints half the price have more creativity and effort put into it.I think its very misleading, I assumed he drew all that, this is literally half of his work done right there.
Old 02-16-2017, 02:20 AM   #1886
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I'm not going to name names, but a lot of artists do things similar to this. Whether it's tweaking images in photoshop or taking iconic imagery and drawing/tracing over it to make it appear as if it was drawn by them, I'm not a fan. The artist can call it "reference" material all they want, bottom line is you're still copying something as opposed to using it as a reference to inspire your own creation. That said it's still art in its own way, just not art I prefer to collect.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 02:32 AM   #1887
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I'm not going to name names, but a lot of artists do things similar to this. Whether it's tweaking images in photoshop or taking iconic imagery and drawing/tracing over it to make it appear as if it was drawn by them, I'm not a fan. The artist can call it "reference" material all they want, bottom line is you're still copying something as opposed to using it as a reference to inspire your own creation. That said it's still art in its own way, just not art I prefer to collect.
Yup preety much.
Old 02-16-2017, 10:02 AM   #1888
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Yeah, I think this may be why I've become accustomed to giving this sort of thing a pass. A lot more artist in the poster game do this sort of thing than people realize. I agree with you guys though. Would rather see more originality going into this art.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 02:14 PM   #1889
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Struzan does this.. but he gets a pass because he's DREW STRUZAN and he did it by hand way before the Photoshop days.

I do get what Vrac is saying and we are going to see a crap ton of this with things going digital.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 03:12 AM   #1890
Vracula
Jedi Order

My obsession with Jock Batman continues.