Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 01-11-2017, 04:42 PM   #1
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Arrow Dark Night

Too early? An important story to tell no doubt.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9BzFzF74asQ
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 07:30 PM   #2
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Not a fan of this, at all. I feel making an actual movie documenting these events puts this psycho on a pedestal. Especially when you consider his fascination with film and the setting was an actual movie theater.

It also appears like the filmmakers are taking a mental health issue and pushing what appears to be a gun control narrative (playing video games, pointing a finger like a gun, aiming a toy gun.) I'm also not a fan of a studio cashing in on a tragedy of this nature. Even if they were to donate all or a portion of the proceeds to the victim's families (which they won't) I still think a documentary is about as far as this material should go.

We shouldn't forget the events that took place, we should learn from it what we can, we should honor those who lost their lives, but you're walking a fine line in regards to sensationalizing this heinous crime by making a feature film out of it. Just my 2 cents.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 08:12 PM   #3
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Not a fan of this, at all. I feel making an actual movie documenting these events puts this psycho on a pedestal. Especially when you consider his fascination with film and the setting was an actual movie theater.

It also appears like the filmmakers are taking a mental health issue and pushing what appears to be a gun control narrative (playing video games, pointing a finger like a gun, aiming a toy gun.) I'm also not a fan of a studio cashing in on a tragedy of this nature. Even if they were to donate all or a portion of the proceeds to the victim's families (which they won't) I still think a documentary is about as far as this material should go.

We shouldn't forget the events that took place, we should learn from it what we can, we should honor those who lost their lives, but you're walking a fine line in regards to sensationalizing this heinous crime by making a feature film out of it. Just my 2 cents.
I totally agree with you. I find this type of films deplorable.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 10:25 PM   #4
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

I found it a little unsettling that they are seemingly doing a bit of a "who's it going to be" drama leading up to the incident. I agree with the others that the film skews on the sensational side based on this trailer as opposed to an indictment of the act or analysis ala a documentary/docudrama
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote