Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

View Poll Results: Which Chun-Li will you order?
RED EX 17 13.60%
Blue Regular 50 40.00%
Both 25 20.00%
Neither 33 26.40%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-13-2011, 11:42 AM   #1
Mamba
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Which Chun-Li will you order?

Help...I am new to this line…Chun-Li will be my first PCS statue that I will order. With all pre-orders that I already made from other lines that are scheduled to be released in 1st quarter 2012, I think I just want one Chun-Li statue, but I can't decide which one I should get.

I think the blue one looks the best on her, but since the EX has much lower ES, I am afraid I will not be able to pick her up later since the price will increase.

I normally always go for the EX when I order from Sideshow, and most of the times the EX will hold their value much better than regular (at least for marvel line). It seems that not always the case with this line. Cammy regular is selling at higher rate on eBay now, and Bison EX despite the lower ES, it's still available on Sideshow while the regular is sold out.

I am just wondering which Chun-Li that you, PCS collector, will order? The regular or the EX? Or both? And why?
Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 11:45 AM   #2
ilikethat
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

blue, thats the colour i see chunli in..
ilikethat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 11:46 AM   #3
Spazzy
Hercules

Ordering 2 blue reg. I have never cared for the ex version costumes as the original costumes are what I see the character as, and original outfits almost always go up in value, with the exception of Guile he is kinda stuck right now....but in a couple years I bet it will go up.

Go with what you like best and you won't be dissappointed.
Spazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 11:53 AM   #4
Old Snake
Kindly Asked To Leave

Neither for now. I don't need to have things as soon as they are released, if I know I have a chance at a lower price.
Old Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 11:58 AM   #5
I and I
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Location: This couple lives in Sint-Maria-Latem (Zwalm - Belgium)
got the black, but if we didn't, we'd order the red... that's because we only collect exclusives
that said, I personally like the blue the most of those two... so if I didn't got the black (which I like the most of the three), I'd had a hard time deciding...

but for you, just order the one you like the most
I and I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 12:05 PM   #6
TheSFToySpirit
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I'll order both simply because I want the complete Street Fighter PCSC line, and of course because both look amazing

But in your case, if you want only one statue of Chun, take the regular one, but if in the future you want both, then take maybe the Ex first because of the ES, but it's not sure which version will increase the most in price.

But like I said, if you want only one, take the reg, nothing beats the classic
TheSFToySpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 12:05 PM   #7
Spartacus

Both
Spartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 12:15 PM   #8
Mamba

Thanks for your everyone's comment so far, much appreciated.

I like the blue one better, but I always go with the EX when order from Sideshow, EX or fail is in my head. But this line seems to be different. I wish Jerry did the EX with change of head or arm instead of color variant, that would be no brainer, I would pick up the EX with lower ES.

So can we order the regular from other retailer with discounted price or Sideshow is the only place to order this beauty? Forgive my ignorance here, like I said I am new to this line.
Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 12:16 PM   #9
AxeLord
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

I would say go for the one you like better. If you want both then I would suggest the EX one first if you can't buy both in one shot as that is more limited.
AxeLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 12:18 PM   #10
Spazzy
Hercules

I almost always order direct from SS, there usually is not much of a discount going through a etailer, and you get SS points and great customer service in case anything happens, and no offense but things do happen with these statues from damages to factory imperfections, and it is easy to deal with an exchange direct with SS than having to deal with a 3rd party.
Spazzy is offline   Reply With Quote