Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-12-2018, 12:21 AM   #251
TheGriffinKing
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

For me, this is the best statue I have ever seen. Bel sculpt off of Esad Ribic influence? Ripped from my dreams. I can’t believe it. I must have this
TheGriffinKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 01:42 AM   #252
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
This is a fantastic piece. Bravo! The God Butcher Thor may be my favorite. So I have to then ask for an Old King Thor statue too.

Wow, this is very close to the comics for a SS PF. Granted, it's a newer comics version, but still SS deserves credit.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 06:08 AM   #253
French Cancan
Deadman

An absolute hit, the second one since the beginning of the year with Green Arrow.
If only SSC could make that with all their PFs. They could, with their sculptor's dream team.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 06:25 AM   #254
silentwinter92
U talkin' to me?

Does this look 1/5 to anybdy else?
silentwinter92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 07:14 AM   #255
pdenham
Teen Titans

Given his *official* height in the 616 MU is 6'6", any PF should stand 19.5" from head to toe. That number will be even higher with the top of the helmet wings included.

Having his knees bent like this is going to allow SS to really fudge his scale if they want (which they probably do as it will only increase their margin).

It looks like if he were to straighten one of his legs, he would be about the same distance off the ground as the original PF was (which looks to be about 3-4"...but I could be guessing wrong on that).
With his right arm not extended straight up, the statue would lose a couple inches compared to the first PF- that is, if both versions of the figure share the same scale.

The original PF is 30" tall, so this should be at least 27" to 28" IF they aren't fudging the scale.

And I know how upset people here get when these characters aren't represented in their correct scale.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 08:16 AM   #256
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentwinter92 View Post
Does this look 1/5 to anybdy else?
Hell no. Watch the part of the video where it's getting painted and the cape is being posed. He's a big boy.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 08:50 AM   #257
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

So I'm off today and clearly bored as hell so I used my superior paint skills and mocked this up. Depending on hand size, I would say 3 fingers could range anywhere from 2-2.5 inches wide so on the low end, he's 14" to his right knee and on the higher end he's 17.5". I used 2.5 for my scale which would put him around 17.5" to that knee which seems to be maybe a little over halfway up the statue including the base. On the low end I would say this thing is gonna be 28" to the tip of Mjolnir.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Thor Scale.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	147.6 KB
ID:	115072  
Old 07-12-2018, 08:55 AM   #258
savage.CAP
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Based on those measurements, this Thor would only have to be like 13-15 inches long, based on his contortion, to be in scale
savage.CAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 08:56 AM   #259
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

So, we've seen zero pics of him next to any other statue and people are already complaining he's out of scale?
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 08:59 AM   #260
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
So, we've seen zero pics of him next to any other statue and people are already complaining he's out of scale?
I thought the same thing. He's definitely not small if that's what some people are thinking.

Also, I think it was just that one guy maybe. lol