Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbarian View Post
A "what"eophile? PERV!!!
Cant beleive i am buying a hot toys its crazy lol
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 07:23 AM   #102
MoochRex
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Ordered my Michael Keaton Batman from Sideshow last night! The figure just looks stunning on every level. I majorly geeked out when I saw the photo of his wings spread! NERD!

I've got 4 Hot Toys on order now: The Chris Reeves Superman, Michael Keaton's Batman, The Batman Begins/Bruce Wayne Toyfair Exclusive, and the Classic Predator from "Predators". These will be the very first Hot Toys figures I've ever owned, but the detail these figures have are worth every penny, IMO.

I haven't ordered the Nicholson Joker (yet), because I have too much on order already, but every time I look at that photo gallery, I get that itchy "trigger" finger! I may have to cancel some stuff to make room for the things I REALLY want to add to my collection...
MoochRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 07:52 AM   #103
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by premium_substit View Post
I am pretty sure that this pair will be the most well-worth money I've ever spent.. they're the kind of items that once I have in hand, I won't even think of what I spent on them twice.. have to have them.. the work done on them is perfect (at least you are paying extra for extra quality).
Ugh. I have a shelf with a handful of HT's and Takara pieces and I think "$1000 for 4 dolls Ugh", everytime I walk past it. FTR they cost me less than retail to boot!

Having said that I couldnt pass up the Keaton Batman. I had a credit with SSC that I had to use by the end of the month and asked them to apply that to take off the sting.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 07:58 AM   #104
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Warrior View Post
It's NOT HT who set the Price, It's Sideshow for the last time. And don't buy the cost of the license BS either. Just wait a while, SS won't drop the price but some of the other retailers might be able to offer it for a better price. But that is a long shot as SS is the primary distributor for HT in the US.

Your best bet is if you know someone overseas, you might be able to get them for actual retail and not pay SS premium up charge of $100+.

If you couldn't see there gradual increase with Bale Bats and Shadow Pred then now you see it with Joker. It is absolutely ridiculous in these economic times.
BBTS and other e-tailers in North America, many of which dont carry SSC product, are selling these in around the same price. HT's stuff is expensive. Period.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 08:32 AM   #105
saintproduction
Birdman

Ordered the Batman Keaton last night. The only thing I have a problem with is his armor. If you look in the movie the armor is much much smother and shinier then the HT version. I don't know why they would do it the way they did?? I still think it's amazing but I wish the armor was more accurate to the movie.
saintproduction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 09:08 AM   #106
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
Ugh. I have a shelf with a handful of HT's and Takara pieces and I think "$1000 for 4 dolls Ugh", everytime I walk past it. FTR they cost me less than retail to boot!

Having said that I couldnt pass up the Keaton Batman. I had a credit with SSC that I had to use by the end of the month and asked them to apply that to take off the sting.
Yeah, the price is keeping me at bay - I've ordered my first HT (the Chris Reeve Superman), and now these two pop up... I don't know why I have an easier time pulling the trigger if it were a polystone statue when these look better (in pics) than many of the statues I have. There's just something about spending $230-$260 on a doll that is making it more difficult...

I think I'm going to just have to find some statues to part with in order to sleep at night over the cost.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 09:39 AM   #107
dino76m
Kindly Asked To Leave

if u have a x 23 comiquette to part with , im ur man
dino76m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 10:01 AM   #108
Xenomorph79
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

Does anyone have pics of the Hot Toys Keaton standing with the Hot Toys Batmobile? Im wondering how they'll look side by side...
Xenomorph79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 10:06 AM   #109
MoochRex
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenomorph79 View Post
Does anyone have pics of the Hot Toys Keaton standing with the Hot Toys Batmobile? Im wondering how they'll look side by side...
I haven't seen one as of yet. Not sure if this was posted in another thread, but does anyone know how much the Burton Batmobile is going for?
MoochRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 12:16 PM   #110
World Warrior
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
BBTS and other e-tailers in North America, many of which dont carry SSC product, are selling these in around the same price. HT's stuff is expensive. Period.
They buy there cases from SS. :/ trust me I having been HT cases for quite some time now. As I have bought there other product as well, produced by them, from other retailers for cheaper. But they got smart and have raised there prices so the dicount for retailers isnt as advantagious as it used to be. This tends to keep the resell market at bay. But also puts more cash in there pockets as you pay more at retail and are less likely to pay the NOW even higher resale price.
World Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote