Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 06-07-2022, 01:25 PM   #61
marker2037
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

It's on the radar as I feel it has a lot of potential. I imagine it's a looooong way out from in hand pics though.
marker2037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 01:29 PM   #62
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by marker2037 View Post
It's on the radar as I feel it has a lot of potential. I imagine it's a looooong way out from in hand pics though.
I'm not sure why the dates on Sideshow's site are so different than Darkside's. Sideshow says OCT-DEC of this year, Darkside says May of 2023.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 01:44 PM   #63
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by marker2037 View Post
This piece has grown on me more and more. I wouldn't get the deluxe as I don't think it's worth that price for just a few extras, plus the shirt is the wrong color for the grenade launcher outfit anyway, but the regular isn't too terribly priced and the sculpt is actually looking better and better with time. The paint on the face will be the make or break.

I just don't know if I could pull the trigger not knowing if a battle damaged or a T1 version was in the pipeline.
This piece has the possibility to be Legendary. Simple pose, crazy accurate head sculpt. it is gonna come down the the paint and execution. i think they are gonna nail it. Im thinking about this one too. I too am leaning towards the regular. $1600 isn't bad if the quality it top tier for this scale. The grenade launcher looks oversized to me, that was one of the first things i saw and noticed about it. the Minigun is cool, actually a 1:3 scale mini gun is awesome but i don't think i would display the mini gun over the shotgun barrel up. I think the shotgun pose is the way to go, it's the classiest.

I don't think i would want a T1 police shootout 1:3. If they made a Battle Damage version including: Stage 4 & Stage 5 switch out heads, that would be a game changer. I have the Enterbay 1:4 Battle Damage, i got it for $200 on ebay during a CRAZY blowout sale. The only way i would consider a BD is State 4 & 5 switchoyut heads.

but going back to the Enterbay, the Battle Damaged figure many have accepted as one of the best figures ever made, meanwhile i think the Clean Enterbay T2 figure commands more in the secondary market.

the shades on this piece look kinda lousy tho. the sunglasses on the 1:4 bike statue look so much better - their shape and looks like they have little lenses. These sunglasses look to be just a painted piece of resin. They should one transparent like the official image above. when you compare the two it's clear that is an area that can-should be improved.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 03:32 PM   #64
marker2037
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Simpler is often better, which is why the shotgun works so well here. I agree that the sunglasses could use a little work. They are too round or soft.

To this date, I still think the Enterbay is the best Arnold Terminator collectible ever made. It would be nice if this piece tops it.
marker2037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 04:31 PM   #65
Liquid75
Shadowhawk

Also waiting. I hope it turns out good.
Liquid75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2022, 02:48 PM   #66
Liquid75
Shadowhawk

PO'ed today. Hoping for the best.
Old 09-14-2022, 02:55 PM   #67
nearmint
Phoenix

Sideshow shows this as shipping OCT-DEC this year, but Darkside has it shipping May of next year.
Old 09-14-2022, 02:57 PM   #68
Liquid75
Shadowhawk

They say the cutoff date on their website is September 30th so no way they'll deliver by the end of the year.

Will you get it Nearmint?
Old 09-14-2022, 02:58 PM   #69
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid75 View Post
They say the cutoff date on their website is September 30th so no way they'll deliver by the end of the year.

Will you get it Nearmint?
I'm very tempted. It's a lot of $$ though.
Old 09-15-2022, 05:59 PM   #70
FDS
Justice League

On face book they mentioned showing product pics of the T-800 on the bike in summer. I wonder if they meant next summer as this summer has gone?
FDS is offline   Reply With Quote