Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > News and Updates > Statue Reviews

View Poll Results: How would you like to see Juggernaut in the future?
As a villain! I liked Juggernaut best as a villain battling the X-Men. 9 100.00%
As a hero! I liked Juggernaut's stint with the X-Men and the Thunderbolts and want to see more! 0 0%
Depending on the storyline and writer I can see Juggernaut acting as both through time. 0 0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-10-2015, 09:17 AM   #1
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

I'M UNSTOPPABLE! - The Juggernaut Art Scale 1/10th statue by Iron Studios

I'm the Juggernaut! Ain't nothin' -- ain't nobody -- can beat me!
- The Juggernaut

Hi guys,

a couple of weeks ago I received my Juggernaut Art Scale 1/10th statue from iron Studios and I have been very happy with it ever since I received it. Due to circumstances I received two statues and as a big Juggernaut fan life simply could not be better when I displayed the two statues in my collection.
One of the statues is currently being customized slightly while I will keep the other statue in its original state.

I must admit that until recently I did not know much about Iron Studios but after reading the review of Bmutha of the Spider-Man vs Venom Battle diorama, I got curious and checked out their website.
When I noticed that they had also released a Juggernaut statue I just knew that I had to get this incredible statue of the unstoppable behemoth into my collection.
This statue is as cool as they come and even though it's not very big, it's a great and impressive piece to look at and undeniably a must-have for any Juggernaut fan or any collector for that matter.

You will find a detailed evaluation of the statue in my comments below; feel free to check out my comments and to let me know if you have any questions,
if you agree or disagree with me or in case there is anything you would like to point out.
Of course you are also more than welcome to immediately check out the pictures which I took of the statue.
I am not a professional photographer by any means but I like to take pictures and I hope you will enjoy the pictures nevertheless.
Hopefully these pictures manage to share my excitement with you and make you agree with me that this statue is a truly awesome tribute to the unstoppable force of nature.

Before I post the pictures I would like to shout out a big 'THANK YOU!' to both Alex655321 as well as Bmutha for pointing me in the direction of Iron Studios and for bringing their statue of Juggernaut to my attention.
Thanks guys; you are the best!

-----------------------------------------
My verdict

Juggernaut: a massive, inexorable force that crushes whatever is in its path
- Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Manufacturer: Iron Studios
Edition Size: Limited Edition
Release date: Q1 2015
Statue size: 24.5 cm in total (the statue is 23.5 cm tall and the base is 1 cm high)
Scale: 1/10th polystone statue

Sculpt: 9.5 - Outstanding
When I first saw this statue it immediately blew me away. The sculpt is absolutely impressive and evertime I look at the statue I just start humming the melody of the song 'Another One Bites The Dust' from Queen since the melody and lyrics of this song perfectly capture what the Juggernaut is all about. The sly smirk on his face, the position of his arms with his left fist pressed against the palm of his right hand, the confident pose of his body with his feet planned firmly on the cracked floor beneath him... it all adds to the illusion of a content behemoth who either just wiped the floor with his opponents in a fast and unrecoverable way or of a powerhouse who is about to do just that and cannot wait to start smashing around.
The Juggernaut has always been an incredibly powerful brute force to reckon with and when I look at the statue it's almost as if I can hear him boom with a thunderous voice 'Here comes the pain!' just like Scarface once did.
The sculptor has magnificently captured the immense power and intimidating presence of the Exemplar of Physical Strength. Juggernaut's huge muscles are expertly sculpted and make you realize you are looking at a truly unstoppable force of nature and one of the strongest being ever to walk the Earth in the MU. The Juggernaut is about to do what he does best and that is to smash his way through anybody or anything standing in his way and this statue masterfully caught his cockiness, willingness and ability to do so. Watch out world: the Earth will be shattered and the Heavens will tremble on their foundation once The Juggernaut starts one of his virtually unstoppable rampages!
But this statue has much more to offer sculptwise: I love for examples the creases is Juggernaut's costume at the back of Juggernaut's knees and at the back of his boots since little details like this add vitality and drive to the statue.

The base is simple but effective and it does the job well. I like the cracked surface beneath Juggernaut's feet since it makes you understand Juggernaut's mass and near-limitless power. This is an engine of destruction ready to let go of himself!
Even though I normally am not a big fan of nameplates, I really dig it here: somehow it just fits in, adds to the presence of the statue and does not look like an redundant afterthought.
The only reason why I did not give a perfect '10' for this statue is because I wished it was just a little bit bigger. The statue is awesome as is but IMHO the 1/10th scale is a bit unusual for polystone statues. This is a great sculpt and the statue would have been even more impressive in 1/6th scale (scale used by Bowen Designs)

Paint & Mixed Media: 9.5 - Outstanding
There is no mixed media used for this statue but that in itself is not a bad thing by definition. The paintjob on this statue is incredibly clean and well done. As far as I can see there are no missed spots, there is no paint smear on Juggernaut's body or costume and the finsih is simply superb. I love the shadow applied to his midriff and legs since it highlights Juggernaut's sixpack and immense musculature. I love the fact that the colour scheme chosen is that of Juggernaut's classic outfit and must admit that this is one of the best tribute's to the old-skool Juggernaut I have ever seen.
If there was one thing I could have changed however it would be the colour of the base which is metallic/steel grey. I think it would have been cool if the base would have been a cracked pavement or a cracked street since that would add a touch of realism to the statue

Design: 9.5 - Outstanding
Apart from the fact that it would have been great if the statue would have been a little bit bigger, I think the design is absolutely flawless. The essence of Juggernaut, of who and what he is and more importantly what he does and is capable of, was understood well and Iron Studios managed make all of this reflect perfectly in this statue. You want to have a look at the Juggernaut outside of the comic books? Take a look at this statue.
You want to know what the Juggernaut is capable of and what he is all about? Again all you need to do is to take a look at this tremendous statue.
Iron Studios really hit the nail on its head and this statue is a clear homerun anyway you look at it.
One good thing to mention is that the statue has just one peg (under Juggernaut's right foot). The peg is round which means that you can decide yourself in which angle you will place Juggernaut on the base.

Production & Build Quality: 10 - Perfect
The statue consists of two parts (the statue and the base) and both are meticously well produced. Also worth mentioning is the great box in which the statue is delivered: the statue and base are very well packaged but what makes this box really stand out is that it has a cover which can be opened and whan you do you you will see the upperhalf of the statue behind a see-through plastic cover.
It's really cool and I was almost hesitant to unpack the statue since I enjoyed the look of the statue in its box so much.
The build quality of the statue and base is beyond any doubt and if you handle the statue with the normal care and attention I am certain it will last you for the rest of your life easily.
One thing which I noticed and found a bit odd is that the statue is not numbered`; also the ES of the statue is not mentioned at the bottom of the base.
This does not take away anything from this statue of course but since this is different from what you see with statues of other companies like Sideshow, Bowen Designs or Kotobukiya, it surprised me a bit.

Overall rating: 9.5 - Outstanding
As a big Juggernaut fan it might not come as a surpise that I find this statue to be outstanding in every aspect but I fully believe that every fan and collector will enjoy this statue even if you are no particular fan of The Juggernaut. This statue absolutely delivers big times and it will be an awesome addition to the collection of anybody who would like to add Juggernaut to his or her collection. The statue may be relatively small but for what it lacks in height it will abundantly make up for in presence and sheer coolness. Definitely and highly recommended!

Background Information

Whosoever touches this gem shall possess the power of the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak!
Henceforth, you who read these words, shall become forevermore a human Juggernaut!

- The mystical enchantment inscribed on the Crimson Ruby of Cyttorak

Cain Marko’s mother died when he was very young, leaving him to live a life of psychological and physical torment at the hands of his abusive father, atomic researcher Doctor Kurt Marko.
Following the death of his colleague Doctor Brian Xavier, Kurt married Xavier's widow Sharon and he and Cain took up residence in the Xavier's Westchester mansion with Sharon and her young son, Charles.
Kurt seemingly preferred Charles to his own son, which consumed Cain with jealousy and he took to bullying his stepbrother.
Cain's father continued to beat him, but Cain did not suffer the abuse alone.
Inexperienced at the use of his emerging mutant telepathic powers, Charles shared the pain and inadvertently learned of Cain's jealousy towards him.
This only ensured that Cain would forever hate Charles for his unwitting betrayal.

After an argument with his father, Cain accidentally caused a fire to engulf his father's home laboratory.
Kurt saved Charles first, and then went back for Cain, reinforcing Cain's belief that his father loved Charles more than he.
Kurt died of smoke inhalation, but not before warning Charles to always beware of Cain.

Years later, both Cain and Charles were drafted into military service and served in same unit. When Cain deserted under fire during a mission in Asia,
Charles pursued, hoping to convince his stepbrother to return of his own accord. Charles followed Cain into a cave that housed the lost temple of Cyttorak, a powerful mystical entity.
Therein, Cain unearthed the Crimson Gem of Cyttorak and, upon touching it, was transformed by its mystical energies into a human Juggernaut.
A subsequent cave-in buried Cain, and Charles believed his stepbrother dead.
Cain eventually dug himself free and made his way to America where he sought to use his newfound strength to exact revenge on Charles.

The Juggernaut has long been the toughest and nastiest guy in the world. This did not bother Cain one bit: he knew it and was very satisfied with that.
He did whatever he wanted to do and took whatever he wanted to take knowing full well that no one was able to truly stop him. 
Cain never stopped to think about the amorality of his actions and he cared little about the sanctity of human life, the rights of other people or higher moral values, etc. etc.
Cain was a big, powerful bully in the classic meaning of the word who only thought about himself or his buddy Black Tom Cassidy.

Later on, Cain began to change however. He made his peace with his stepbrother Charles Xavier and even joined the X-Men for awhile to atone for his past wrong doings.
After his stint with the X-Men Cain was offered a chance to rehabilitate himself as a member of the Thunderbolts under the supervision of Luke Cage.

Physical Attributes
Height: 9'5"
Weight: 1,900 lbs.
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Red

Powers and Abilities
Juggernaut is an avatar for the deity known as Cyttorak. Juggernaut gains various superhuman powers while acting as an avatar, as described below:

Superhuman Strength:
Class 100+ without breaking a sweat.
The Juggernaut possesses vast physical strength which exact limit is unknown but he is able to lift far in excess of 100 tons effortlessly.
He is undoubtedly one of the strongest beings to ever walk the Earth and has recently been given so much power by Cyttorak that he is now even able to defeat
the mystical deity himself shoud he decide to do so.
A fine example of Juggernaut's titanic strength is the fact that he was able to go toe to toe against an enraged World War Hulk until the moment Cain was outsmarted and removed from the field of battle .
World War Hulk could not overpower or defeat Juggernaut based on sheer strength and Juggernaut managed to deliver some earth shattering blows to World War Hulk.

Superhuman Stamina:
The mystical energies of Cyttorak that empower his musculature generate no fatigue toxins during physical activity, granting him limitless superhuman stamina in all physical activities.

Invulnerability:
Cain is virtually impregnable to all forms of conventional physical injury regardless of magnitude or intensity.
Although Cain is able to be harmed by exceedingly high levels of mental or mystical attacks, these attacks have rarely been shown to cause any permanent damage.

Regenerative Healing Factor:
Despite his extreme resistance to physical damage, Cain can be damaged by sufficiently powerful forces such as mystical forces.
If damaged, Cain possesses an accelerated healing factor that enables him to nearly instantly regenerate any damaged or destroyed bodily tissues.
For instance, he has been injured by Shatterstar's sword, which is forged from a mixture of extra dimensional technology and magic and healed instantly.
The demon being D'Spayre once flayed the Juggernaut down to a skeleton only after absorbing almost all of the Juggernaut's power and even then,
the Juggernaut could not be stopped and was able to instantly regenerate all the damage done once he regained his full power.
The only other time the Juggernaut has been physically injured is by the likes of Thor in a physical battle, and that was only after Thor used Mjolnir to negate his mystical enchantment.

Immortality:
Cain is functionally immortal. His aging process is completely halted and he is immune to the effects of all toxins, poisons and diseases.
He is also sustained by the mystical energies flowing through his body and has no need to eat, drink or breathe.

Force Field:
The Juggernaut is capable of generating a personal force field around himself, extending to about 1 foot in diameter.
He uses this force field to heighten his already impressive resistance to injury. In his earliest appearances, he is able to use this force generating ability
to hurl people and objects near him away from him, though now it seems to function only defensively.

Rampant Charge:
Once he begins to advance in a certain direction, it is virtually impossible to halt his movement.
Some obstacles such as many tons of rocks and plasma-discharge cannons have slowed his pace but can't stop him.
The only known examples of him being stopped involve physical force with mystical involvement which is Juggernaut's sole weakness.
Thor unleashing his power was able to stop him in his tracks but his powers are mystical in origin and during a battle with War (Hulk), in which the mutant Apocalypse,
increased the Hulk's strength and power enormously by grafting Celestial tech to him, which again involved mysticism, Juggernaut was ultimately stopped and almost killed by Apocalypse's Horseman.

Abilities:
Juggernaut is able to summon and remove his mystic armor at will.
As a result of his days in the military and his experience as a superhuman criminal and hero, the Juggernaut is a brutal hand-to-hand combatant,
preferring to use street fighting and brawling techniques that allow him to make full use of his great strength and near invulnerability.

A Personal Tribute To The Juggernaut!

Thunder and lightning
The breaking of glass
An earthquake of violence
A hurricane which lasts

A volcano of danger
A tornado of strength
The destructive force of nature
Wreaking havoc close at hand

There is nowhere to hide
And nowhere to run
Your fate is sealed
Your doom has come…

The sound of your fear
Is like a drum beaten hard
Now that you are certain
… The Juggernaut is near!

Rainer

Nothing can stop the Juggernaut... NOTHING!

Force of Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 09:53 AM   #2
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

Once my name was Cain Marko! But now I am more -- Now I am -- The Juggernaut!
- The Juggernaut

Rainer

Old 07-10-2015, 09:56 AM   #3
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

It's checkout time!
- The Juggernaut

Rainer

Old 07-10-2015, 09:58 AM   #4
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

So you call yourselves the New X-Men, do you?
Well, among the lot of you... Who will stop the Juggernaut?

- The Juggernaut

Rainer

Old 07-10-2015, 10:00 AM   #5
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

And what are you going to do, Wolverine? Trim my toenails?
- The Juggernaut

Rainer

Old 07-10-2015, 10:02 AM   #6
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

Those are the last orders you're ever going to give, my long lost step-brother!
- The Juggernaut

Rainer

Old 07-10-2015, 10:04 AM   #7
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

Did you think a pair of wings is all that it takes to defeat...the Juggernaut?
- The Juggernaut

Rainer

Old 07-10-2015, 11:57 PM   #8
Bmutha
I like to make what's yours mine.

Looks great, buddy...looking forward to your scores on this piece!
Bmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 01:10 PM   #9
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

Hi Bmutha,

I have added my scores to the review and am looking forward to find out what your thoughts on this statue are.
Thanks for checking out this thread!

Rainer
Old 07-19-2015, 04:30 PM   #10
strife87
Spider-Ham

your passion for this piece really shines through in your review, congrats on a beautiful piece.
strife87 is offline   Reply With Quote