Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Leave it to the Professionals Please > Erick Sosa

Old 07-23-2011, 01:17 AM   #291
ArcReactor
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

What can I say? Very impressive. Awesome work as always Mr. Sosa! Would love to see the X-Men variant with Sentinel base done as well.
ArcReactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 10:30 AM   #292
Shadowfax
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

just pre-ordered
not letting this beauty get away...will make an excellent addition to my collection
plan on displaying him with my SSC Angel

beautiful piece Erick...congrats
Shadowfax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 03:27 PM   #293
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Considering getting this and having it repainted in the classic color scheme. This sculpt is just to good. Not sure why Koto won't release a variant of this. Seems like an easy way to sell a few hundred more pieces.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 03:34 PM   #294
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I'm getting the X-Force statues, but I would also get this in the classic Archangel colors. Technically it could go in the Danger Room series, because most of those have been members of the X-Men's blue and gold teams, of which Archangel was one.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 03:43 PM   #295
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
I'm getting the X-Force statues, but I would also get this in the classic Archangel colors. Technically it could go in the Danger Room series, because most of those have been members of the X-Men's blue and gold teams, of which Archangel was one.
I'm not into the X-Force lineup but would really like the Warpath piece too. Also in classic colors. While I can understand not doing a variant of him (due to demand and popularity) you're right there is no reason not to do Archangel if in fact Koto is still planning on putting out the Blue and Gold Jim Lee era teams in their Danger Room Sessions line. Should I just assume with Rogue being scrapped that doing the teams is no longer the plan?

I really wish we could get a straight answer to this. The Danger Sessions is the only line I was interested in and it seems to be the one with the most uncertainty surrounding it. Pretty frustrating.
Old 08-15-2011, 03:59 PM   #296
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Should I just assume with Rogue being scrapped that doing the teams is no longer the plan?

I really wish we could get a straight answer to this. The Danger Sessions is the only line I was interested in and it seems to be the one with the most uncertainty surrounding it. Pretty frustrating.
Not only is it frustrating, it's ridiculous is what it is.

First they cancel Rogue for what seems like a completely misguided reason, then they tease us with the possibility of it being released after all, and finally they leave us hanging without anymore follow up despite what seems like a very vocal interest in the piece. I'm really getting sick of writing about this, I don't understand why we can't get a definitive answer, one way or the other.

I will say this though, Koto seems to have listened to the complaints about their paint jobs, the last two pieces I've gotten have come in with great paint jobs. I hope this continues.

I also find it odd that Koto sneaked the Avengers pieces at SDCC, people voiced their complaints about them, and now we're hearing about those complaints being taken into consideration and the pieces being tweaked to "fix" the problems. Pretty fast turnaround from complaint to solution, why can't the same thing have happened with Rogue??

Obviously Koto does listen, they've just decided to ignore the fans who want this Rogue statue to be released. Very frustrating and very disappointing.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 04:21 PM   #297
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Yeah the whole thing has left a bad taste in my mouth and killed most of my excitement surrounding their product. Unfortunate.
Old 08-24-2011, 01:12 AM   #298
wcazian
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

I really like this sculpt but I dont understand why the xforce archangel color scheme is being made over the xmen color scheme? are they gonna do a full xmen danger room session line up? I have all the danger room sessions released so far and an xmen color scheme makes the most sense. they seem to be bouncing around and somewhat unfocused with what line they are producing. kinda frustrating.
wcazian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 01:04 PM   #299
Lawnknome
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcazian View Post
I really like this sculpt but I dont understand why the xforce archangel color scheme is being made over the xmen color scheme? are they gonna do a full xmen danger room session line up? I have all the danger room sessions released so far and an xmen color scheme makes the most sense. they seem to be bouncing around and somewhat unfocused with what line they are producing. kinda frustrating.

Actually all the X-force variants make more sense at the moment. Uncanny X-force is the highest selling series out right now in terms of copies sold each week it is released. Archangel is one of the mainstays of this new team. This statue has the appeal of older fans who know Warren from his "death" days as well as new readers who are picking up X-force monthly.

They are really hitting two demographics with this. Now I would buy both if they came out with them but can't blame the company for doing the version that is the hottest at the time.
Lawnknome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 02:13 AM   #300
crazy_legs03
What's another word for Thesaurus?

with a bit of customisation to the base, this will go extremely nice with the SS Xforce Dio...
crazy_legs03 is offline   Reply With Quote