Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-16-2018, 01:06 AM   #1591
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman View Post
It does match her personality, so I still like it, just would have ben nice to have a different facial expression for one of the heads.
I am glad they did the alternate head with the authentic curly 90s hair, looks much better than the straight.
I actually prefer the straight haired version myself. Even though I really did want the 90s hair prior to it being revealed.

And from prior comments, I believe that may be the majority opinion here, on both points. Though I truly wished that I liked the Ex enough to buy direct from Sideshow.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 07:09 PM   #1592
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Been looking at a lot of feedback on various sites about this statue and alot of people don't like the portraits, even saw what xmrogue mentioned, that the highest rated comment on face book was that the face was off. Fix the face SS.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 08:35 PM   #1593
Demona
Martian Manhunter

We all know they will “fix” nothing. And to be honest, nothing needs to be fixed. She is pretty as long as the beholder finds Fergie or Angelina pretty. If they don’t - that’s why the statue fails.

SS knows the risks they take by making realistic portraits that may intentionally or subconsciously modeled after real life people.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 08:41 PM   #1594
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

what is there to fix? They’d never release a statue if they tried to please everyone. It’s not their problem if some people don’t like how the portrait looks. I’m sure they’ll have no trouble selling their quota to the people who do like it.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 08:59 PM   #1595
dechirico7
The Flash

They don't have to offer two portraits. They could have eliminated the second portrait like Mystique.

Does anyone really switch out portraits on a regular basis? I think the intention of these is for you to pick out the hairstyle you like and to display it.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 09:10 PM   #1596
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
We all know they will “fix” nothing. And to be honest, nothing needs to be fixed. She is pretty as long as the beholder finds Fergie or Angelina pretty. If they don’t - that’s why the statue fails.

SS knows the risks they take by making realistic portraits that may intentionally or subconsciously modeled after real life people.
They fixed super girls face.
Old 08-23-2018, 09:15 PM   #1597
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Supergirl was beat and looked like a middle aged woman who spent too much time in the sun and didn’t use botox, not Supergirl. Rogue has always been an adult woman. Hence no new to “fix” the portraits.

And FTR, I’m not getting Rogue bc I don’t love the portraits. Not because I think think don’t fit the character. I just don’t enjoy hyper realistic portraits that look exactly like actors.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 09:39 PM   #1598
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post
what is there to fix? They’d never release a statue if they tried to please everyone. It’s not their problem if some people don’t like how the portrait looks. I’m sure they’ll have no trouble selling their quota to the people who do like it.
The face! soften the face.
Old 08-23-2018, 09:44 PM   #1599
Punisher_
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Lmao if they didn't fix that Gal Gadot 1/4 scale Wonder Woman's face they ain't fixing Rogue. It is what it is. Love it or hate it. Better wish XM makes a Rogue.
Punisher_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 10:04 PM   #1600
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Supergirl was beat and looked like a middle aged woman who spent too much time in the sun and didn’t use botox, not Supergirl. Rogue has always been an adult woman. Hence no new to “fix” the portraits.

And FTR, I’m not getting Rogue bc I don’t love the portraits. Not because I think think don’t fit the character. I just don’t enjoy hyper realistic portraits that look exactly like actors.
Peoples opinion on rogue have been much worse, and yes rogue is an adult 20-28 tops, not 38.