Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 07-12-2018, 08:27 AM   #21
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

So is Sideshow going to refund the 2 year delayed statues? Not surprised by the news, these A@# hats have no business running a company. Regardless of who is selling it if it says PCS I will stay away, they don't deserve my money.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 09:03 AM   #22
ukshaun
Hercules

Good news
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 11:01 AM   #23
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Well I look at this as an overall positive. We all say we will pay for good customer service. Well here it is. SS customer service has been great in my experience. That has a cost. If I narrow in on say the new TMNT line. Sure the turtles might jump to $500 but you also get reward points now and if any issue you deal with the excellent customer service mentioned above. Also you just might start getting these statues in a timely manner. Customer service was this companies Achilles heel not the art. To me they tackled that issue.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 11:05 AM   #24
qz33
Rescue

Exactly. For years the line has been "We're getting better, just wait"

Sorry time ran out. Your customers extended all the good will and patience they had, they aren't in an endless supply.

This is a real tangible fix regardless of any possible growing pains.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 11:12 AM   #25
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

For any statue that I were to hypothetically buy from PCS/Sideshow after their merge, would cost me at least another £200 each now. Reasons being the pay in full discount, which I always took advantage of giving me around 15/20% reduction in price. On top of that, PCS shipped via UPS and in turn Parcel Force when it reached the UK, and I was only ever charged 5% tax code, and not 20% everywhere else.

As a result of this merger, I lost the 20% discount, and on top of that, I will now ultimate pay 20% Tax, as they will be shipping via Sideshow & Fedex.

Reward Points is a taint on the savings I was previously accumulating, and therefore there's no incentive what so ever for me, or should I assume any internationals to continue ordering PCS products, unless your rich or out of your mind .
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 12:30 PM   #26
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhain81 View Post
For any statue that I were to hypothetically buy from PCS/Sideshow after their merge, would cost me at least another £200 each now. Reasons being the pay in full discount, which I always took advantage of giving me around 15/20% reduction in price. On top of that, PCS shipped via UPS and in turn Parcel Force when it reached the UK, and I was only ever charged 5% tax code, and not 20% everywhere else.

As a result of this merger, I lost the 20% discount, and on top of that, I will now ultimate pay 20% Tax, as they will be shipping via Sideshow & Fedex.

Reward Points is a taint on the savings I was previously accumulating, and therefore there's no incentive what so ever for me, or should I assume any internationals to continue ordering PCS products, unless your rich or out of your mind .
They said on FB that Sideshow would work on the carrier of your choice.
Old 07-12-2018, 12:34 PM   #27
KaraFan
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhain81 View Post

All my Sideshow stuff is shipped by UPS and not Fedex. They can do it...
KaraFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 12:40 PM   #28
MPCanes
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraFan View Post
All my Sideshow stuff is shipped by UPS and not Fedex. They can do it...
Ditto, my Sideshow stuff always come UPS as well.
MPCanes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 12:42 PM   #29
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
They said on FB that Sideshow would work on the carrier of your choice.
But I don't know whether it's the courier that's applying the 5% code or (from what others have said) PCS have been marking the items as 5%. Is it the companies responsibility to declare the code prior to shipping?

All I know is Sideshow invoices have ALWAYS been 20% for me with Fedex International. Never went with anyone else as I didn't know you could choose. I always assumed they had a standing contract with Fedex and nobody else. As it happens, the one time PCS sent one of my packages out to me via Fedex International instead of UPS, I was charged £106 Customs, rather than £30 as it should have been with Parcel Force, which leads me to believe it is just a greedy Fedex issue.

I don't want to take the chance with Sideshow, especially with the Cyborg Tri Pack on the horizon which will cost almost as much as the product for tax alone now. At least with PCS I always knew it would be 5% regardless, since sticking with UPS.
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 02:17 PM   #30
qz33
Rescue

Well it's not a solution that will be best for everyone but your situation is definitely a small minority compared to the number of customers that will benefit.

If 15%-30% is the difference between being satisfied or sour with a purchase then I likely wouldn't even bother.