Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 09-28-2005, 04:39 AM   #1
Babytoxie
Ghost

DC/Warner Store lithos

I recall the Warner Store carrying a line of lithos for various DC characters, and I'm hoping someone can help me out...

Each litho was a tribute to a particular Silver Age character. The layout was a horizontal rectangle, white background, with 3 panels from a classic story across the top. Below this was a series of pencil reproductions of various versions of that character. The whole thing was signed by the artist most associated with the character (who drew both the panels and the versions). For example, the one for Green Lantern shows 3 panels from when Hal Jordan receives the ring from Abin Sur. Below this are 6 or so different versions of GL (Alan Scott, John Stewart, Parallax, etc.), and the litho is signed and #'d by Gil Kane.

Does anyone know which characters received this treatment?
Babytoxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 09:39 AM   #2
Aarrgghh!!
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Batgirl (signed by Infantino), Superman (simon/shuster - but I believe a number of them only was signed by one due to one of their passing away), I want to say their was a Batman, Robin and a Flash, but not 100% on those. I think they had a small run 500 or 1000.
Aarrgghh!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 12:03 AM   #3
Babytoxie
Ghost

Thanks!
Babytoxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 01:34 AM   #4
HFA
U talkin' to me?

You were already given great info, but I thought I would add some: Flash by Carmine Infantino was released in an edition of only 250. Batgirl by Infantino was an edition of 500, as was the Green Lantern piece by Gil Kane. Each of these 3 pieces featured drawings by the respective artists. The first 3 in this series were: Superman (signed by Jerry Siegel), Batman (signed by Bob Kane) and Robin (also signed by Kane). Each piece featured sketches of the characters as they looked in certain "eras"...the only problem is they seem a bit less unified as the sketches are by different artists, though you see a lot of Jose Luis Garcia Lopez imagery (especially on the Batman and Robin pieces). I'm sure this is much more info than you needed...they are all great and definitely cool collector's items...also very affordable if you know where to look.
HFA is offline   Reply With Quote