Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Giclees/Lithos/Prints/Posters

Old 08-27-2014, 12:46 AM   #181
Simplyrob
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatkidwhodraws View Post
Also, baby groot was awesome. it made me stupid gleeful in theaters. but since then it's been played out like crazy. Plus I'd like this to have a more serious space opera vibe and stay clear of 80's design influences or goofy stuff (Walkman aside). I don't know, it's up to you guys if we get him in there
i absolutely agree.

dude, alex, if you wanna see what all the buzz is about, i have the 1/1 OG Alien Fellatio sketch i can photograph and can PM you, but, prepare yourself! you wave been warned.
Simplyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 04:22 AM   #182
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

That video is outstanding.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 07:22 AM   #183
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Not that it has a lot to do with our print, but I just read an interesting bit of trivia. Apparently Bradley Cooper partially based Rocket's voice on Joe Pesci's performance in Goodfellas.

"I make you laugh. I'm here to amuse you"

Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 07:42 AM   #184
RichBamf
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

And this is why I shouldn't avoid the forum for a few months, would've loved to get in on this.

Congratz though guys
RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 10:01 AM   #185
pavehawk78
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
On the topic of colors, I'll be the first one to tell you that I think the color red is extremely over used in movie prints. However, when you consider Star-lord's coat, the eyes on his helmet, Drax's tattoos, Gamora's hair and that all of the Ravagers wear that sort of maroon like color, I think it will be difficult to omit it from a print involving this movie. Maybe we can avoid a crimson red, but what about maroon?

I don't think it should be the primary color of the print (maybe some sort of blue?), but I think maroon or a similar color should be present. Thoughts?
I agree...maroon should be present but I don't want it to be the primary color. I'm leaning toward a bluish purple but I'm sure Alex has some great ideas.
pavehawk78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 02:31 PM   #186
Simplyrob
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Thanks for putting that vid together. You know, some artists amaze me. While doing an amazing job, these artists are continually setting the bar for my commissioning standards. I'm in a number of groups where, if this much work was ever put into it, they would've been done ages ago. Even just regular commissions are sometimes very grueling. So happy we have an artist that's serious about his trade!
Simplyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 04:14 PM   #187
Toaster
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
On the topic of colors, I'll be the first one to tell you that I think the color red is extremely over used in movie prints. However, when you consider Star-lord's coat, the eyes on his helmet, Drax's tattoos, Gamora's hair and that all of the Ravagers wear that sort of maroon like color, I think it will be difficult to omit it from a print involving this movie. Maybe we can avoid a crimson red, but what about maroon?

I don't think it should be the primary color of the print (maybe some sort of blue?), but I think maroon or a similar color should be present. Thoughts?
After reading your comment, I think you indirectly bring up a fun idea: perhaps the things you listed could be the only elements that have the red color, allowing for it to act as an accent color to the overall piece.

Thoughts?
Toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 12:24 AM   #188
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatkidwhodraws View Post
Also, baby groot was awesome. it made me stupid gleeful in theaters. but since then it's been played out like crazy. Plus I'd like this to have a more serious space opera vibe and stay clear of 80's design influences or goofy stuff (Walkman aside). I don't know, it's up to you guys if we get him in there
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidgit View Post
I dig a more serious (epic) vibe as well.

Baby Groot was cute, but give him the boot

Thanks for the updates Alex
If that is what the majority wants, despite being a huge Baby Groot booster, I am cool with leaving him out. Perhaps he can cameo as a hidden/concealed image in the bark textures of the regular Groot
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 12:27 AM   #189
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toaster View Post
After reading your comment, I think you indirectly bring up a fun idea: perhaps the things you listed could be the only elements that have the red color, allowing for it to act as an accent color to the overall piece.

Thoughts?
That could work. I like red, crimson et al.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 01:17 AM   #190
ONEYE
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplyrob View Post
what???? no chromium?
That will be the back side.
ONEYE is offline   Reply With Quote