Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-17-2017, 10:12 PM   #5571
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALI3NS View Post
Hi Alex,
Really looking forward to the upcoming Catwoman (Michelle Pfeiffer) PF release. Can we expect PF's for any other characters from the original Batman movies such as Joker (Jack Nicholson), Penguin (Danny DeVito), Riddler (Jim Carrey), Mr. Freeze (Arnold S.) or another Batman from Batman Returns, Batman Forever, or Batman & Robin?
Thank you!
I haven't heard about any future Batman movie items being in the works but my eye into the actual future only reaches so far. There will could be something happening but it's just not popped into the time line I'm privy to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
Will the Hulk bust have a pedestal base like Deadpool?
I haven't seen the final product yet for this piece, so I do not know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NamesJay View Post
Any word on MOTU updates (new characters being announced or termination of line)?
I'm only aware of She-Ra at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugchompa View Post
Alex,

Can you drop any hints about when the Gal Gadot WW PF might be up for preorder?

Thanks!
Hopefully at the end of this month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKlaw View Post
Hi Alex, thank you for your continued responses and Happy New Year.

With the recent release of the Hal Jordan statue we now have 2 Hal's and 2 Sinestro's (paint variants).

Are there any plans to expand into the Green Lantern hero and villain line? Say like Black Hand, Larfleeze, Lyssa Drak?
I'm only privy to products that are coming within the next year-ish and nothing Green Lantern is showing but perhaps something from that universe is in the works in the timeline I'm not in the know about currently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by melkor23 View Post
Just got the Skeletor Exclusive statue. He's amazing! Any news about the fourth Masters of the Universe statue, Alex? I wish you a happy new year or as we say in Bavaria "Guten Rutsch!"!
She-Ra is the next one and the only one I'm aware of currently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101son View Post
HI ALEX

can you explain the difference when sideshow puts a piece up for preorder under the ES size of TBD vs limited Edition ?
this will really help my decision making moving forward for future peices
Thanks
Items posted with a TBD will more often than not have a numbered edition size announced sometime in the future. Items posted with the 'Limited Edition' notation will not have a numbered edition made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhumor View Post
Hi Alex,

I just received Skeletor a few days ago. Its an excellent piece. But what happened with the transparency on the description page and letting us know what materials are being used on what parts of the statue for our product that we're purchasing? I understand certain area's on the piece, does make a lot of sense using pvc. And I can live with it, as it is mixed media, to the right combination of polystone sculpt, which I admire.
What I don't like is, Sideshow surprising us, not being transparent and upfront when I expect certain area's, like the head sculpt being one of them, to be fully polystone; Which only the portrait underneath the hood is polystone (Im assuming), and the hood surrounding it, being pvc.

Nowadays Im voting with my wallet. And the thought crossed my mind to return it. I don't like the deceitfulness, and unethical business practice that your company seem to think theyre getting away with. Our voices spread quickly through social media. And many have been cutting down our orders from 10 pieces a year to 1-3 a year with the rising costs, and the corners being cut on cheaper material, so your company can make a few extra bucks. It isn't right. These are supposed premium collectibles, with a premium price tag. I expect premium quality with these rising costs. If sideshow cant provide premium quality, then they should remove any label stating "premium" on the entire sideshow website. As of this moment, I only have one more PO left from sideshow. And I think Im done. Some honesty from your company would go a long way in keeping us loyal customers.

Just wanted to express my discontent. And it isn't directed at you Alex.
I'm so sorry to hear about your disappointment with Skeletor. PVC was used on much of his armor, small part of the base and some parts of the portrait for a few reasons:

Prevent breakage - some parts of the armor and portrait were done in polystone very early on but sadly sample after sample kept arriving with damage, so PVC was opted to be used to prevent breakage. This was also the case with the lava flow from the snakes mouth. In order to prevent any breaking the material was changed to a softer PVC.

Show details in a much crisper fashion. PVC simply shows off details better than polystone ever will and in the case of Skeletor's armor, it looked much more impressive/stunning/sleek in the end, so the switch to prevent breakage also upgraded the overall look of the armor.

I've of course passed long your disappointment and the message of wanting product pages to callout materials used. I do see that the materials (Polystone, metal, PVC, and fabric) used did not end up on the product page for Skeletor and I apologize for that..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhumor View Post
Hi Alex,

If Im going to purchase Evil Lyn next, can you please disclose here what is all pvc on her? Is her headsculpt full polystone, or parts of it pvc? Or all of it?? Is her hands made of pvc, like Skeletors? Armor breastplate, gauntlets, waist plate, helmet? Etc...
Her head dress, hip/waist skirt/cape holders of her armor are not polystone. Her body/hands, breastplate, gauntlets, portrait, and base are polystone. Her staff is metal, she has a fabric cape and skirt and also a shiny red marble in her staff that I believe is made out of glass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister S. View Post
Hello Alex,

Happy New Year!
Is there any chance this year we will hear news about The Riddler PF or Flash PF?
See my answer above to question 1 about Batman movie collectibles. This applies to this question as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraFan View Post
Hi Alex, Happy New Year! Absolutely loving the new She-ra statue! Any chance a Teela statue is coming soon?? Had my hopes set that Teela was the next in the line to display with the MOTU Art Print.
I personally would LOVE a Teela Statue! At this time She-Ra is the only item I'm aware of that's next in the line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by testsubject25 View Post
Hey Alex, what's up with the change in framing for the backs of the Star Wars prints? Is this the new norm? Thanks for your time.
I believe this was cleared up in the print thread but just in case...what was shown in those galleries were in house frames we used to swap in those prints for photography purposes. All framed artwork still comes with the same backing it's always had. So very sorry for the confusion that caused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkheir View Post
Hey Alex, Happy New Year!

Is there a new Kier PF in the works - and if so, when can we expect to see something?

Many thanks for your time.
I know some of the Court characters ware getting revisits in the future but I don't know if Kier is one of them. I can take a guess and say that I wouldn't be surprised given her importance in Court of the Dead as a faction leader and such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullethole View Post
Hi Alex, I'm super excited about Deathstroke. Will he be up for pre order soon? Thanks
Hopefully within the next 3 months or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannygarrett09 View Post
Hi Alex will do be any chance of doing a 1:1 scale bust of batman from rebirth or the new 52 also a 1:1 scale bust of the joker again many thanks
We're focusing on the characters outside of new 52 and rebirth but who know what might happening in the future!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionore View Post
HY Alex!! i wish you a Happy New Year!!

I recently read that the Flash TV Series is renewed for another season!

Are there any plans for a 1/6 scale Flash Figure based on the TV show or the comic??????

I am really looking forward to this reveal
Our focus is toward movie and comics for DC at this time. There aren't plans (that I'm aware of) to branch into the TV representations of DC characters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Hi Alex,

Are there any plans for SideShow Collectibles to release a 1/4 scale Suicide Squad Harley Quinn as played by Margot Robbie ?
Please see my answer to question 1 above about Batman movie collectibles. That answer would apply to this question too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonezy89 View Post
Hey Alex is there any word on the tmnt line being extended to more characters?
I'm only aware of just the turtles being made for this line. Haven't heard that it will expand past those 4 heroes in a half shell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandoc View Post
Hi,

Could you give a rough idea as to when She-Ra will be available to pre-order?

Many thanks.
MAYBE sometime before mid summer this year. MAYBE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frayhor View Post
Hello Alex,

First I wish you a happy new year to your family and friends.

And my question is about Rey and BB8 Premium Format, the last time I heard of it, they should be expected for pre-order in November last year. Any news about when we will be able to pre-order them ?

Thank you very much.
That was the plan initially (to have them up for Pre-Order around that time but unfortunately they had to be delayed due to Rey's portrait getting some updates. We're now hoping that we can get them up sometime before May of this year. *crosses fingers*

Quote:
Originally Posted by savage.CAP View Post
Hello alex,

Any news on a 1/4 scale comic iron man PF? Or any confirmation of the mk 3/mk7 iron man maquette being 100% cancelled?

Thank you! You're the best!
The only comic Iron Man that I'm aware of was already announced in the 1/5 scale Avengers Assemble line. I haven't seen anything in the future I'm privy to that has a 1/4 version. As for a Mark 3 or 7...at this time I don't know anymore. They were possibilities at one point from that tease from a while back but have fallen off the timeline I'm in the know about (which either means they are cancelled or were pushed much future into the future).

Quote:
Originally Posted by John M View Post
Hi alex!!!
Well, with the latest teaser of the hulk bust i just have to ask: is there any plans on revisiting classic characters in this form?
Like spider man for example
Hulk and Deadpool are the only Life-Size Marvel Busts I'm aware of currently but that doesn't mean other's aren't coming...just that I don't know at this time.
SSAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 12:17 AM   #5572
jokecool
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Hi Alex,

Can you share with us more info about the Artgem line? these are 1/5 scale right? will all three pieces go for pre-order in the same year?

Thanks!
jokecool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 01:02 AM   #5573
Mr.Mxyzptlk
Justice League

Hello Alex,
Wanted to know if Thanos on throne would be available for pre-order soon or if we'll see more production photos of the Mad Titan soon? Also, will Sideshow ever tackle the Inhumans? Would love to have a premium format King Blackbolt! Many thanks
Mr.Mxyzptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 04:54 AM   #5574
meteepee
Doh!

Will we be blessed with any more lord of the rings pieces?

Also, will there be any upcoming premium format figures based of video games coming out this year?
meteepee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 05:33 AM   #5575
Darkhumor
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Hi Alex,

Will sideshow be distributing the 1/4 scale Iron Studio's Darth Vader piece? Any latest update?

Thanks!
Darkhumor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 10:30 AM   #5576
Amplac
Fantastic Four

Hey Alex,
Whatever happened to the light up feature mentioned for Groot? I see no mention of it on the product page.
Amplac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 02:40 PM   #5577
SuperDinoHunter
Hellboy

Hi Alex,

When can we expect to see the T2 endoskeleton reveal and possibly a pre order date? Been anticipating this one for awhile!
SuperDinoHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 02:53 PM   #5578
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Will we ever get these?

Big Barda
Silver sable
Omega red
Cable
Michael Myers
Jubilee
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 05:07 PM   #5579
Raas Kaaz
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Congrats on distributing the IS Vader 1/4 ...

Does this mean, that Sideshow will distribute from now on any 1/4 Scale Star Wars statue from Iron Studio ?
Raas Kaaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 05:52 PM   #5580
testsubject25
Birds of Prey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raas Kaaz View Post
Congrats on distributing the IS Vader 1/4 ...

Does this mean, that Sideshow will distribute from now on any 1/4 Scale Star Wars statue from Iron Studio ?
I second this question.
testsubject25 is offline   Reply With Quote