Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-03-2014, 04:35 PM   #21
AlizAbef
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Alright I'll give you Fett, but look at Vader's legs. They look so weird. It's hard to explain, but they look so locked at the knees. As if they just snap right into his gigantic crotch armor. It seems like they're missing a natural flexibility to them or something. It's just funny to me, that's all. At least Fett looks relaxed and natural.
AlizAbef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 05:16 PM   #22
w00tw00t
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfius View Post
where the **** is his lightsaber?
behind but cup pad
w00tw00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 05:28 PM   #23
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizAbef View Post
Alright I'll give you Fett, but look at Vader's legs. They look so weird. It's hard to explain, but they look so locked at the knees. As if they just snap right into his gigantic crotch armor. It seems like they're missing a natural flexibility to them or something. It's just funny to me, that's all. At least Fett looks relaxed and natural.
yeah true. Fett is def by far the best or film accurate one out of the two. and he should be. for a whole lot of people worked on him. most of them experts in Boba Fett props.

Tom Spina designs gathered a group of Fett experts to make this a reality.
from his website.

"Chris Jones created the custom mannequin body and mandolorian armor. Rich Krusell created the movie accurate boots (and wore them while we molded his feet!). Brian Lewis, Mike Thomas, Patrick Louie, Melissa Dooley and Tom Spina refined the parts for production and created some of the accessories such as the "wookiee" scalps and cape. Mike Mason provided masters for the blasters. Christian Hill provided the jetpack master. Tony Turner and Kitty Hebert tackled the soft goods and belts. Richard Riley was our inspiration for the base design. Alex Alva, Jason Miller and the "New Wookiee Workshop" did the final assembly and paint and the Sideshow design team added their own finishing touches.

special thanks to Philip Wise and also to Art Andrews for his help in fining great rare reference photos of the original Boba Fett movie costume!"

i dont think Vader had that may experts working on him. Mostly Geno and a few others or more i believe. but dont quote me on that. but it def shows in Vader's design. its a very nice 1:1 creation. but i think its the body underneath and the way they created the leather suit why it looks off. but i agree the legs do seem to be locked at the knee. but it also could be how the cod piece is positioned . the bottom of it seems to be pointing back towards his crotch when it should be more straight up and down or parallel with his waist. winch would give the legs a weird look or position of his legs. the legs should be locked for that pose anyway. so my guess its the cod piece thats making them look odd..
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 05:33 PM   #24
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
yeah i was just wondering the same thing.
dont tell me that they are not going to included his lightsaber with this?

although i wont be getting it. i would be pretty damn pissed if i wasn't included. but then again if i was and its not included. i wouldn't be getting it. specially if i didn't have one to display with him .

you cant sell Vader without his saber SS. come on now. specially for 8k.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 08:05 PM   #25
Doctor Doom
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

So ordered! Thank you Sideshow....FINALLY!
Doctor Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 09:48 PM   #26
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme
His legs are killing me. It's not even a force choke

It is a shame though. The pose is essential and I'm sure a lot of work went into it, but they should know enough to get the stance correct first as that dictates how everything pretty much looks in the end. The details look great. His legs just look goofy.

And yeah! Where is his saber?!
derekrodneysim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 11:18 PM   #27
SONICobra
Batman

cool looking piece, another one for the very wealthy star wars fans
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 11:31 PM   #28
Sithlord32
New Republic

Quote:
First thing I saw was no saber.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizAbef View Post
It's funny how everyone thinks bigger is automatically better. In the case of life size verses 1/4 scale, it's no contest for me that 1/4 is and always will be better. Just recently on eBay there was a life sized Darth Malgus being sold. There was a good amount of in-hand pics for it too. I've never seen any in-hand pics of it before, so I took a peek at the auction and laughed my ass off at the way it looked in comparison to the 1/4. Who would want something like that? There's nothing "life like" about it except it's height.

This upcoming Vader and Fett are the same way. 8 grand? Lamo, even if I had the money to blow on a life size figure, I would never buy one in a billion years because of how corny and boring they look. 1/4, 1/5, 1/6 and sometimes 1/2 is the only way to do it.
Agreed and then some.
Sithlord32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 12:42 AM   #29
Doctor Doom
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Wow....no love!
Doctor Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 01:14 AM   #30
Prevail69
Kindly Asked To Leave

There's a couple hardcore addicts on here that will eat this up to go with all there other large over priced items... U know who you are.
Prevail69 is offline   Reply With Quote