Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 11-26-2017, 07:37 PM   #91
Malvo
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
I had to pass 900.00 shipping is out of my range.
The $225 Weta dollars is nice though.....
Malvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 07:41 PM   #92
Malvo
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkxter View Post
The life size is $1500 not $/300 shipped

Their shipping is around $900 USD alone
I originally thought you were talking about the Balrog statue since that was the one everyone was commenting on. Mentioning Gandalf in your post would have been helpful.
Old 11-26-2017, 07:42 PM   #93
FROBAY
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malvo View Post
The $225 Weta dollars is nice though.....
True but still way out of my range. Weta gave us a great BF. I got quit a bit of goodies from them. Sideshow BF was a joke.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 07:57 PM   #94
Malvo
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
True but still way out of my range. Weta gave us a great BF. I got quit a bit of goodies from them. Sideshow BF was a joke.
I agree on both counts, but lets face it Weta isn't exactly doing this out of the goodness of their hearts. They're a niche company that's only two successful licences [LOTR and Hobbit] are 2nd or 3rd tier at best in terms of pop art desirability. There's a very good reason companies like Sideshow, Prime 1, XM studios and even Tweeterhead don't have these fire sales......because they don't have to.

That said, I really do appreciate these Weta BF sales and I look forward to next years sale when I add another 3 or 4 statues to my collection that I wouldn't even remotely think of purchasing now at retail because I know they'll be selling for half price in another 51 1/2 weeks.
Old 11-26-2017, 08:00 PM   #95
pinkxter
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Slightly off topic what do you think of the war troll seems like several returns on the war troll due to qc issues
pinkxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 08:21 PM   #96
FROBAY
Phoenix

Quote:
Slightly off topic what do you think of the war troll seems like several returns on the war troll due to qc issues
I'm returning mine because it doesn't sit flush in the base. The paint is too dark compared to the Proto. He really looks like a big gorilla (in the face) than a Troll, in my opinion.
Old 11-26-2017, 08:29 PM   #97
pinkxter
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
I'm returning mine because it doesn't sit flush in the base. The paint is too dark compared to the Proto. He really looks like a big gorilla (in the face) than a Troll, in my opinion.
I really hope they come out with another cave troll
pinkxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 08:54 PM   #98
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

Quote:
I really hope they come out with another cave troll
I would be more forgiving with a Cave Troll. Perhaps they could come with one for a Moria 1:30 diorama...
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 09:15 PM   #99
Malvo
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
I'm returning mine because I'm disgusted Weta had the nerve to charge 1K for a statue that doesn't even remotely look like the prototype. Someone at Weta must have thought Azog was commanding a legion of armored war gorilla's, or they mistakenly thought they still owned the King Kong licence......either way, Weta should be ashamed of themselves for butchering a really nice sculpt with subpar paint apps.
Old 11-26-2017, 09:17 PM   #100
FROBAY
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malvo View Post
I'm returning mine because I'm disgusted Weta had the nerve to charge 1K for a statue that doesn't even remotely look like the prototype. Someone at Weta must have thought Azog was commanding a legion of armored war gorilla's, or they mistakenly thought they still owned the King Kong licence......either way, Weta should be ashamed of themselves for butchering a really nice sculpt with subpar paint apps.
LOL. Agreed!