Old 04-23-2022, 09:24 AM   #1942
Halcyon
Loki

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xzbit View Post
Big predator fan here I'm happy with this guy
Congrats! Mr. X to the Zzzz

This statue is so heavy you have to move it with two persons. I'm building a glass case for it right now.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 02:54 PM   #1943
bearmdel
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Hi guys!

Got notice today that after almost 16 months since I order this piece, it's finally arriving next week. I'm super anxious and excited and scared that the paint job will not be as good as I expect.

I've been waiting to get a more classic 1/4 scale Predator for many years and I can't believe it's finally arriving. It's my second Prime 1 piece and I can't wait to see it in person.

Hopefully it will be everything I expect it is and more... I'll let everyone know how it turns out

Cheers
bearmdel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2022, 09:33 AM   #1944
Halcyon
Loki

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearmdel View Post
Hopefully it will be everything I expect it is and more... I'll let everyone know how it turns out

Cheers
If you held on for so long, you deserve a good one

The statue is good and has good fit. Magnets are overpowered, so you have to keep the edges of your finger and thumb between the peg of switchouts hand and the arm, so it doesn't ram full speed against each other. Then gently release fingers for last fit.

Overall paintscheme of his skin is a bit dark for my taste, but for ppl who love the latex-suit colors from movie this is pretty close to it.

The dreads are flex material and are prob bend in the box (mine where) Need hairdryer to soften a bit before fitting head on body.

I made an acrylic display case and started a small repaint right out of the box. Still have to do something with the fake plants and their giant sockets (don't know why they are that large). Thats how far i got. Have not assemble everything, bcs not on its permanent spot atm (and overall so heavy, it is unhandy relocating too often).

btw Which of three versions did you order?
Old 07-17-2022, 11:48 AM   #1945
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Hey Halcyon, as you said the magnets for the P1 Big Game Jungle Hunter are overpowered, did you mean they're VERY strong, with no chance of losing their strength over time, and are they the magnets for the hands, aswell as the wrist blades? Cheers!
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2022, 12:52 PM   #1946
bearmdel
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
If you held on for so long, you deserve a good one

The statue is good and has good fit. Magnets are overpowered, so you have to keep the edges of your finger and thumb between the peg of switchouts hand and the arm, so it doesn't ram full speed against each other. Then gently release fingers for last fit.

Overall paintscheme of his skin is a bit dark for my taste, but for ppl who love the latex-suit colors from movie this is pretty close to it.

The dreads are flex material and are prob bend in the box (mine where) Need hairdryer to soften a bit before fitting head on body.

I made an acrylic display case and started a small repaint right out of the box. Still have to do something with the fake plants and their giant sockets (don't know why they are that large). Thats how far i got. Have not assemble everything, bcs not on its permanent spot atm (and overall so heavy, it is unhandy relocating too often).

btw Which of three versions did you order?
Thank you for the tips. I got the DX version with everything and want to display with the mouth closed at first. Since I was young, I have always wanted a Predator statue and it is surreal I'm finally getting one.

I'm moving so I'm not taking out of the box until I'm settled in my next house in August but I can't wait to see it displayed

Thanks again

E.
bearmdel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2022, 03:49 PM   #1947
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkazama View Post
Hey Halcyon, as you said the magnets for the P1 Big Game Jungle Hunter are overpowered, did you mean they're VERY strong, with no chance of losing their strength over time, and are they the magnets for the hands, aswell as the wrist blades? Cheers!
Yes especially the magnets from all the loose hands are VERY strong. Also there is a metal rod that goes through the magnets (magnet in the wrist has a hole). I've seen two unboxing videos where ppl broke the inner magnet free, bcs the putty is weaker than the magnet power.

I shortened the rod so it is slightly easier to switch parts.

The wristblades don't have magnets, but the slit and blade end is tapered. When you don't trust blade will hold, you can use the supplied black sticky tape.
Old 07-17-2022, 04:06 PM   #1948
Halcyon
Loki

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearmdel View Post
Thank you for the tips. I got the DX version with everything and want to display with the mouth closed at first.
Then there is guaranteed a head combo you going too like. The basic mask is nice too.

I bought two Reg statues and one had many bristle hairs in the paint of its base and some edges of the black decals on body where not to my liking (other statue was far better and also had a clean base of course).
I did a touch-up on the one with these blemishes and it worked out fine. After my upcoming holiday i will post some pictures too.
Old 07-17-2022, 05:42 PM   #1949
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
Yes especially the magnets from all the loose hands are VERY strong. Also there is a metal rod that goes through the magnets (magnet in the wrist has a hole). I've seen two unboxing videos where ppl broke the inner magnet free, bcs the putty is weaker than the magnet power.

I shortened the rod so it is slightly easier to switch parts.

The wristblades don't have magnets, but the slit and blade end is tapered. When you don't trust blade will hold, you can use the supplied black sticky tape.
Thanks for the info!
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2022, 12:13 PM   #1950
Predman90
Doh!

I just bought this piece, and wanted to verify that my statue is consistent with the rest.Total quill count on head is 68 quills. Shoulder/arm is 12 quills. Want to make sure I'm not missing any. Also, I noticed that after I inserted all the foliage there is one hole leftover. Do you all have this extra hole?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20220814_000556.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	387.1 KB
ID:	152980  
Predman90 is offline   Reply With Quote