Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 08-22-2022, 01:45 AM   #1961
Ish3183
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
I just checked mine and it works, quote was nearly $200. I would contact Shane and see why it won't take your address.
Thanks.
Ish3183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2022, 06:09 PM   #1962
Ish3183

Hey all,

Need some help from those who?ve purchased. Can?t decide on which version to get. Honestly, I like the regular version cause it has the look I like which is similar to the movie. However, after going through some pics and vid?s, the Gort mask and spear combo are nice. For those that have this, do you really switch out the pieces or do you find yourself mainly sticking to one setup? Im questioning whether the additional $400 for the switch outs is even worth it.

For clarification, reg is available for $1599 and deluxe with spear is $1999.
Old 08-22-2022, 07:00 PM   #1963
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish3183 View Post
Hey all,

Need some help from those who?ve purchased. Can?t decide on which version to get. Honestly, I like the regular version cause it has the look I like which is similar to the movie. However, after going through some pics and vid?s, the Gort mask and spear combo are nice. For those that have this, do you really switch out the pieces or do you find yourself mainly sticking to one setup? Im questioning whether the additional $400 for the switch outs is even worth it.

For clarification, reg is available for $1599 and deluxe with spear is $1999.
Just to clarify, this Predator statue is from the comics, not the original 1987 Predator movie, and it's based on the ''Big Game'' Predator comics.Also, regarding which version to get, it all comes down to personal preference.If you like the extras the deluxe version comes with, and you plan on switching out the head and hand switch outs from time to time, go for the deluxe version.However, if you just want to have it displayed with only 1 setup, with the standard bio mask and regular unmasked look, i'd probably go for the regular version.
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2022, 07:14 PM   #1964
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Hey Gary hate to bother but since you will be one of the few with the spear do you mind doing more combination shots with the spear/heads from different angles?

Maybe try to recreate the cover? Since apparently not even Prime1 could be bothered to do it in their solicits?

This statue is re-proving my belief that pose is the most important aspect to a statue.
Hey Ish3183, this is what this Predator statue is based on......
Old 08-22-2022, 07:27 PM   #1965
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
Hey guys,

Here are the photos with the Combistick as requested. I have to say, I think this might be my favorite accessory. It gives the pose more context. It also makes a huge statue even bigger. You'll need to have some hefty real estate for this option.

The combination of the closed mouth portrait and Combistick is DEADLY! So impressive seeing this set up in person.

Again I say, if you have the ability to get the DX, do it!

Some comparison pics to the comic book cover.....
Old 08-22-2022, 07:41 PM   #1966
Ish3183

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkazama View Post
Just to clarify, this Predator statue is from the comics, not the original 1987 Predator movie, and it's based on the ''Big Game'' Predator comics.Also, regarding which version to get, it all comes down to personal preference.If you like the extras the deluxe version comes with, and you plan on switching out the head and hand switch outs from time to time, go for the deluxe version.However, if you just want to have it displayed with only 1 setup, with the standard bio mask and regular unmasked look, i'd probably go for the regular version.
Thanks, Ive seen the cover art as I?ve read through the thread. I?ve always thought of it as the jungle predator because of its likeness. I suppose that?s why I?m interested in it.

Man, those pics from Gary make me want that spear switch out even more. Thanks for sharing.
Old 08-22-2022, 08:36 PM   #1967
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish3183 View Post
Thanks, Ive seen the cover art as I?ve read through the thread. I?ve always thought of it as the jungle predator because of its likeness. I suppose that?s why I?m interested in it.

Man, those pics from Gary make me want that spear switch out even more. Thanks for sharing.
No problem.....
Old 08-22-2022, 10:43 PM   #1968
pau123
Sailor Moon

In person, I prefer the Gort mask than the plain mask. Just looks meaner.
pau123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 12:33 PM   #1969
chalback
A day without sunshine is like... night.

If you can get the DX i would go for it, I got the reg and wish i had gotten the dx now
chalback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 02:36 PM   #1970
Python
Omega Red

Looks like this piece is having a bit of a resurgence of late. And I'm part of it. I cancelled mine over a year ago due to the insane shipping cost Prime 1 requested from me (Something like $900+) I ordered the 1/3 instead.

Well that's paid off now and yet I found myself still looking at this. I messaged Secret Compass who still have some, and for less money than my original order so I bit the bullet. I have the DX bonus on the way.

Thanks to Gary and everybody else who post wonderful images of these things, they are always a big help when deciding whether or not to commit to such large purchases. At least I'll have this if Prime 1 do royally mess up the 1/3...
Python is offline   Reply With Quote