Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 07-16-2017, 10:27 PM   #1061
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Not in a million years would I guess that Wonder Woman would be the summers highest domestic grossing film in a season that saw entries from Spider-man, PotC, Transformers, a GotG sequel, Minions and Tom Cruise.

https://www.forbes.com/forbes/welcom...URL=&referrer=
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 02:32 AM   #1062
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Really happy this film has done so good. Bodes well for future WW installments and the DCEU as a whole to have something receive wide praise like it has and also be financially successful. I figured it would be a hit but it's certainly exceeded my expectations.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 03:37 AM   #1063
Gothamite
Phoenix

On a related noted, Spider-Man: Homecoming fell hard for its second weekend.

Daily and Weekend comparisons of Wonder Woman, GOTG2, and Spider-Man: Homecoming: http://www.boxofficemojo.com/showdow...7superhero.htm
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 07:04 AM   #1064
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
Damn 27x 40 thats big!
Yep, theater one-sheets are usually that size, its part of the reason I started collecting them, they look impressive hung up in a room.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 10:38 PM   #1065
built2shred
Phoenix

I finally got around to seeing this movie.... Overall it was pretty good but I did feel like the story was kind of weak in some parts and they went overboard with CGI. If your going to do CGI you got to make it look realistic and not cartoony looking. Not to mention it was so obvious when they used green screen backgrounds. When it's fake looking like that it just takes you out of the movie.

Even though it had some humor in it, they missed an opportunity with the side characters they had, you could tell they were bigger then life characters yet they were barely given any lines. They could of added a lot of humor to the movie....

Zack Snyder its pretty good with action like Michael Bay but like Michael bay he sucks when it comes to the story part of the movie. This has been the biggest problem with Snyder's movies, I know 300 was a great hit for him but that story only needed to be simple to begin with which played into Snyder's strengths...

I really wish DC would break ties with Snyder and find someone who has more of a talent with story telling....

Still WW was better then SS and slightly better then BvS... But fell short of MOS.... MOS had superior special effects and thanks to Nolan laying the ground work it had a better story IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
Not in a million years would I guess that Wonder Woman would be the summers highest domestic grossing film in a season that saw entries from Spider-man, PotC, Transformers, a GotG sequel, Minions and Tom Cruise.
That's because DC got female viewers hyped for this movie. I have a feeling WW had just as many female viewers as it did male, where as most of your other comic book movies is probably dominated by male viewers... Just guessing though...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 01:26 AM   #1066
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
That's because DC got female viewers hyped for this movie. I have a feeling WW had just as many female viewers as it did male, where as most of your other comic book movies is probably dominated by male viewers... Just guessing though...
Yes and the fact that in terms of popularity outside of comic book fans, she's right up there with Spider-Man behind Batman and Superman and all those other characters have had multiple movies, but this is her first. There was a lot of anticipation for this film.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 01:36 AM   #1067
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Still WW was better then SS and slightly better then BvS... But fell short of MOS.... MOS had superior special effects and thanks to Nolan laying the ground work it had a better story IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
Yes and the fact that in terms of popularity outside of comic book fans, she's right up there with Spider-Man behind Batman and Superman and all those other characters have had multiple movies, but this is her first. There was a lot of anticipation for this film.
Regadless of marketing, pre-existing popularity and hype, if the film wasn't great it wouldn't have the legs it does and would have seen massive drop offs week after week ala BvS
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 10:06 AM   #1068
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
Regadless of marketing, pre-existing popularity and hype, if the film wasn't great it wouldn't have the legs it does and would have seen massive drop offs week after week ala BvS
Maybe but Batman vs Superman did make more at the box office world wide.
Old 07-31-2017, 10:30 AM   #1069
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Maybe but Batman vs Superman did make more at the box office world wide.
Yeah but if you Put Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman in a film you expect a huge Box office. Honestly I think if BvS was more universally liked it's WW gross would have easily crossed 1bil, probably close to 1.5bil.

Wonder Woman basically has shown what a good DCEU film can do with a single characters arc.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 01:57 PM   #1070
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
Yeah but if you Put Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman in a film you expect a huge Box office. Honestly I think if BvS was more universally liked it's WW gross would have easily crossed 1bil, probably close to 1.5bil.

Wonder Woman basically has shown what a good DCEU film can do with a single characters arc.
Wonder Woman is arguable the best DC film they put out so far (although my personal preference is MOS). WW fell flat in some story telling and CGI, It's not that WW is an great movie it's just that the other DC movies were worst, so the bar was set pretty low.

(putting aside the whole females getting their 1st super hero on the big screen hype) IMO, the First Captain America movie was better then WW... DC is still playing catch up and I don't see them as a real threat to Marvel at this time with Snyder in control. I wish it wasn't so being I'm more of a DC fan then Marvel one but that's my honest opinion.

The only thing going for DC is that Comic stuff is a hot market right now, even if you don't make something great people are still going to see it.

Don't get me wrong WW was a fun summer flick to watch but I have no desire to see it more then once, which is my personal indicator that it was ok but nothing awesome.

Yeah you would think having the Trinity on the big screen would be huge money but the bottom line is the writing was bad which you can only blame Snyder for. I also think it would of been bigger if they would of had a Batman and WW solo movies before Batman vs Superman.